Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2007, 09:07 AM

13 posts, read 40,418 times

Advertisements

Hello,

my name is Giedre,
Could anyone accept us to stay for some days until we find an apartment to rent? We won't be owing You. Unfortunatlly, I cant' find a cheap hotel in Long Beach. I promise we won't disturb You and we need only one room and one bed, that's all, maybe the access to the internet also. I promise we will be very quite and will respect Your privacy.
While staying in Long Beach we will find a place to rent.
We are Lithuanian family with two pre-school children coming to the USA on the 7th of October all the way from Lithuania (Europe) because we won green cards. I am a 31 year old teacher, my husband is a security guard in Lithuania. We are honest, clean, responsible, friendly, hard working , non-smoking people looking for a place to live and work in Long Beach area. I will present our references from our current employers and our pictures if You like. I will atach one picture of me and our children.

Believe me it's imposible to rent an apartment while we are outside the USA.

Best wishes from Lithuania,
I would appreciate any suggestions and responds.

Giedre

Last edited by skybird; 09-21-2007 at 02:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 05:32 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,343,170 times
so what is your price range? do you need to live in long beach? will you have a car? how many bedrooms would you want in an apartment/ house? do you come from a wealthy background or nice area? because if you don't then all of long beach will be ok. if you do, only the areas near the beach will be safe enough for, especially with children. the main thing you to state is the number of bedrooms, your price range, you type of transportation, and if you need to live in Long Beach.

i can help you with finding a place, but i live with my parents since im only a teenager so you couldnt stay with me. sorry. your children are adorable and id be glad to help you with your research though.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:52 AM

2,589 posts, read 8,637,932 times
CouchSurfing

above is a link to a network of people worldwide who are already open to the idea of having strangers stay in their homes. ideally, you might find someone who plans to be away during the time you need accommodation. good luck.

btw, did you change your mind about moving to north carolina?

Last edited by katenik; 09-21-2007 at 02:06 AM..

Old 09-21-2007, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
CouchSurfing

above is a link to a network of people worldwide who are already open to the idea of having strangers staying in their homes. ideally, you might find someone who plans to be away during the time you need accommodation. good luck.

btw, did you change your mind about moving to north carolina?
Thank You for the link, I will certainlly check it.
Yes, we have changed our plans and decided to move to L.A., we have the tickets already.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybird View Post
Thank You for the link, I will certainlly check it.
Yes, we have changed our plans and decided to move to L.A., we have the tickets already.
you're welcome. (check private message.)

Old 09-21-2007, 02:51 AM

have you made contact with this organization?

Los Angeles Lithuanian Community

Old 09-21-2007, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
have you made contact with this organization?

Los Angeles Lithuanian Community
Yes, it was the first thing I did but haven't received any answer.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:10 PM

42 posts, read 221,081 times
If you dont mind me asking, why are you moving to CA? It is crazy expensive here to live. You would have got more for your money living in OR or AZ. My wife is a corporate attorney and I am a company director and we can not to afford to buy a house. Southern CA doesnt sound like a good option for someone starting out without any great job offers. Also the air pollution is bad, especially Long Beach with the harbor and all of those trucks. My wife told me that Long Beach has a air quality rating of 1 out of 10. 1 being the lowest.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:28 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,070,126 times
If you do move to Long Beach, look up your home in the school zone search tool: Long Beach Unified School District - LBUSD - Official Site

Old 10-05-2007, 07:10 AM

2,071 posts, read 12,016,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie894 View Post
If you dont mind me asking, why are you moving to CA? It is crazy expensive here to live. You would have got more for your money living in OR or AZ. My wife is a corporate attorney and I am a company director and we can not to afford to buy a house. Southern CA doesnt sound like a good option for someone starting out without any great job offers. Also the air pollution is bad, especially Long Beach with the harbor and all of those trucks. My wife told me that Long Beach has a air quality rating of 1 out of 10. 1 being the lowest.
I live in Long Beach and the majority of the year it's clear blue skys (unless it rains those few days out of the year). But, I live close to the water. Go in-land, Riverside or the Inland Empire and yes, there is more smog/pollution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles