Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 09:00 PM

2,261 posts, read 7,232,108 times

Advertisements

I think anyone who has a problem with homosexuality needs to take a very strong and deep look at themselves (therapy?) and discover what they're trying to hide from themselves. I'm looking at you, OP.

And anyone who brings up the bible (and the ONE LINE therein which, technically, only mentions men) also needs to back up everything else in the bible and live their lives STRICTLY according to it. How come you're not campaigning for rape victims being forced into marrying their rapists? Or women who's husbands die being legally bound into marrying his brother if she has no offspring. Why aren't you more upset about prostitution? Why do you guys focus always on homosexuality?

Why is it so hard to accept that some of us don't want hate & intolerance in our lives? I wouldn't want that boxer dude at my place of work or house interacting with my daughter. I can't blame Caruso for the same thing. Would you be upset if Caruso tweeted that murderers were not welcome at The Grove? I mean, he's probably totally intolerant against murderers too! What a jerk!!

Old 05-17-2012, 09:20 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,449,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
I'm sure the businesses in the grove are thrilled their landlord is asking potential patrons to stay away, especially ones with big bucks.
Yeah its not very good business to tell half of your customers to get lost, especially in a poor economy.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:29 PM

19 posts, read 36,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
According to who?
Anyone with 1/2 a brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
True. And Caruso isn't on it.

Legally, though, Caruso is fully within his rights to discriminate against anyone he likes for their public political views - pro or con, no matter the issue. The sane, traditional marriage side of this issue has no problem with the concept.
What we find amusing is the sheer hypocrisy of the other side. This thread is a good example.
Moderator cut: rude

How do you guys even know how to use a computer? To think that Caruso is a bad guy for taking a stand against backwards thinkers is a type of insanity I will never be able to understand.

Last edited by Count David; 05-18-2012 at 05:57 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 05-18-2012, 12:15 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,841,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterK View Post
To think that Caruso is a bad guy for taking a stand against backwards thinkers is a type of insanity I will never be able to understand.
One has to be very in touch with the "Voice in Your Head" to enter into such a zone of 'understanding'. Us mere mortals who aren't Pilgrims on a mission to cleanse the internet of Satan aren't privy to such divinations.

But that's OK - it means we don't have to bother repenting or visiting one of those weirdo priests in the habit of, uh, 'correcting' sinners' behavior.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:46 AM

4,254 posts, read 5,606,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readymade View Post
Why do you guys focus always on homosexuality?
Because homosexuality is always focusing on us. I'd rather not hear about it ever again, but since y'all have launched an aggressive crusade against public decency and morality, you're going to get some push back from me. Sorry!

We're just about at the endgame of the war against marriage in what's left of Christendom. I can't speak for anyone else, but here's my take.

The first domino to fall was the permanence and indissoluability of marriage in the 16h century. Luther permited divorce and even bigamy, and this opened the floodgates. The scant, narrow reasons initially granted by protestants for divorce continued to expand, and today "no fault" divorce is the norm. The Church of England authorized contraception in 1930 or thereabouts, initially for narrow and exceptional reasons and only in the context of marriage. The rest of the protestant world followed suit, those exceptional reasons became obsolete, and today only the Catholic Church holds the line. In the '60s and '70s marriage began to be seen as superfluous and co-habitation became fashionable: today it is ubiquitous. The end result is that the natural and moral link connecting marriage, sex, and procreation has been severed in the popular mind, opening the door for homosexuality and really anything else.

The front lines today are what they are. I didn't choose them. The earlier battles have been lost. Today it's homosexuality, tomorrow it'll probably be something new and still more perverse. I predict that polygamy and polyandry will be next, with the help of domestic Muslims - mark my words. I wouldn't be surprised if consensual "intergenerational sex" is revived as a cause - all the rage in academia among sexual "progressives" in the '70s, but temporarily ditched when it became symbolically useful as the object of faux outrage during the church scandals. And why not?

Old 05-18-2012, 01:15 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,841,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
the natural and moral link
According to...? (don't say that silly story book written by obsessed men in caves)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles