Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2007, 11:14 AM

2 posts, read 7,925 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I got hired for a job in the Culver City area (near Fox Hills mall to be exact), and as a result am looking to move close to my job. I found an apartment off 6300 Green Valley Circle and it looked very nice, but how is that area when it comes to safety? If the area is not safe, which other areas would you recommend/avoid when it comes to looking in Culver City? Thank you so much as I will be continuing my apartment search tommorrow and would appreciate all the help I can get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 02:14 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerfan View Post
Hi all, I got hired for a job in the Culver City area (near Fox Hills mall to be exact), and as a result am looking to move close to my job. I found an apartment off 6300 Green Valley Circle and it looked very nice, but how is that area when it comes to safety? If the area is not safe, which other areas would you recommend/avoid when it comes to looking in Culver City? Thank you so much as I will be continuing my apartment search tommorrow and would appreciate all the help I can get.
That area's very safe.
Most of Culver City is pretty safe, the areas that are less safe are those in the western part of Culver City closer to the borders with Venice/MDR/Mar Vista and near the Mar Vista Gardens projects (which will be purchased by UCLA and turned into student housing some time in the near future). I'd avoid anything off of Inglewood Blvd. south of Culver.

Best parts of CC: East of the 405, esp. the area by Veteran's Park and the area by the film studios (including just south of them).

Old 09-21-2007, 02:18 PM

723 posts, read 2,999,240 times
Quote:
I looked at condo's in that area. It's a good area.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:34 PM

1,297 posts, read 5,509,570 times
Quote:
That's a nice and quiet area. Mix of condos and apartments. You should try and find something in the neighborhood to avoid having a commute.

I like the mix of commercial offices and residential. The office building also have a nice setback with abundant landscaping for an area in the center of the city. Makes a big difference.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:01 AM

1,287 posts, read 5,025,272 times
You should also look at Playa Vista, a brand new community close to Culver City that includes apartments, condos and single family homes. Here's a link:

West Los Angeles Homes and Condos, West Side LA Luxury Homes : Playa Vista Real Estate

Old 09-22-2007, 01:18 PM

2 posts, read 7,925 times
Hi all, thank you so much for the advice and I will be going a little later this afternoon to see some apartments, in Culver City especially the Fox Hills area. Another concern I had was the diversity of the area. I am a Sri Lankan and I wanted to ask how is the ethnic mix of the Fox Hills area of Culver City, and how would a Sri Lankan person be recieved? Thanks.

Old 09-22-2007, 04:47 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,639,150 times
Quote:
Hi all, thank you so much for the advice and I will be going a little later this afternoon to see some apartments, in Culver City especially the Fox Hills area. Another concern I had was the diversity of the area. I am a Sri Lankan and I wanted to ask how is the ethnic mix of the Fox Hills area of Culver City, and how would a Sri Lankan person be recieved? Thanks.
you will be received just fine, although if you are dark-skinned you'll probably be mistaken for an east indian, or asked "what are you?" a lot. it will be a matter of ignorance/curiosity, not a slight. culver city is a great area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles