U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 09:30 AM

985 posts, read 1,495,235 times

Advertisements

I venture out there now & then w/my daughter who loves to take photos. A few years ago, we stumbled upon an easy trail down to the rocks/beach, whereas it was alot more easy than the other trails (some manmade) that I saw a mother hand carrying her baby back up the steep hill, but it was doable, I ask this because ever since then I can't seem to find it (schedules prevail the days we go & I quickly get frustrated & end up just picking the first spot we fine)

......having short term memory for the life of me I can't remember where more or less it was, all I know is Paseo Del Mar, which breaks all along the way & I know there are a "bazillion" trails all along the area(s), but thought I take a chance & ask anyways....

Anyone that resides or journeys by foot regularly in PV/RPV, help or throw in a tip or two? Would greatly appreciate it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 10:16 AM

1,754 posts, read 6,220,342 times
Google is your friend.

Hiking Trails

Old 03-08-2014, 12:05 PM

3 posts, read 2,803 times
Chadwick canyon in late August or September is easy and has berries. George F canyon has a great nature trail. There are two books about hikes on PV, check the library.

Old 03-08-2014, 12:14 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,839,016 times
I like the White Point Nature Preserve.

Old 03-08-2014, 08:40 PM

21 posts, read 33,800 times
Portuguese Bend/Filiorium/Forrestal are good choices all adjoining each other.

The main trail (Burma Road) is easy, and there's a wide range from really easy to a bit more difficult off the sides. Good views for pictures too...

Old 03-08-2014, 10:50 PM

392 posts, read 1,731,959 times
Seascape Trail near Point Vicente Lighthouse?
Trails around Trump golf course are easy and have good views also.

Old 03-09-2014, 05:08 AM

18,717 posts, read 27,622,174 times
Take Crenshaw Blvd. to the end of the road. You will come to a gate that has a small area where you can park. It doesn't look like much because it literally is just the end of a road. This is the head of a lovely trail that is wide, graded, very easy to walk and has nice views. It's called Dirt Crenshaw and it literally was the last segment of Crenshaw Blvd. It was partially built and then never paved because the land there isn't really safe to develop. So they turned into a trail. As I recalls,the segment is about 1-2 miles long. I don't recall it going all the way down to the water, though (since it was a road). There might be a steeper trail right at the end that people have created to get to the water.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:02 AM

18,717 posts, read 27,622,174 times
Bluff Cove Trail is relatively easy, and definitely goes down to the water. Trailhead is near where Paseo del Mar intersects with Horcada Path.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:45 PM

985 posts, read 1,495,235 times
I know this is old thread, but revisited (for some unknown reason) and noticed I had responses! I'd given up since I didn't get response back then (years ago)...Chemo still in my brain)

Anyhow wanted to thank you all that responded! I did find those trails you mentioned & some I'll take note to look for next time. But since I'm updating here, I found that trail I was looking for, it was Bluff Cove, Caladium, thanks! After my illness last year, and frustrated that I couldn't work, I focused my energy into investing time and ended up exploring on my own and stumbled on it. Plus w/Yelp reviews, I found the other trails throughout. Now I'm happy to reside out here.

Anyhow many thanks to those that responded w/good information. I'll have to also invest time and download some of the photos I took, it's just too beautiful for words.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:30 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,428,441 times
^^^I need to get down to PV more often and try some of those trails out. Thanks for the re-post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or