U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 08:25 PM

73 posts, read 131,656 times

Advertisements

Would like to hear some of your opinions...I personally want to live there because it seems so vivacious. The weather, diversity, beach, architecture, shows and plethora of sports are all so enticing to me and I'd love to live in this world renowned metropolitan area...Or at least I think so.

Maybe I'm wrong about my assumptions, or maybe not. Nonetheless, I'd like to see what y'all got to say about your experiences or thoughts about the city and surrounding areas!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 08:50 PM

7,859 posts, read 3,802,966 times
My home.
Born in Burbank, but live in Atwater Village.

Seen the craziness, the inside, the out, and the restoration of sanity. TBH, I never really appreciated where I lived until I moved to Chicago.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:28 AM

2,972 posts, read 3,322,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
My home.
Born in Burbank, but live in Atwater Village.

Seen the craziness, the inside, the out, and the restoration of sanity. TBH, I never really appreciated where I lived until I moved to Chicago.
Inquiring mind wants to know: What was it about Chicago that made you appreciate LA more?

Old 06-01-2012, 05:38 PM

6,335 posts, read 15,799,709 times
Two reasons:

1. I've lived here my entire life, and it's home.
2. The weather

Old 06-01-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattk92681 View Post
Inquiring mind wants to know: What was it about Chicago that made you appreciate LA more?
Just seeing how huge Chicago was. I loved it but I knew it wasn't where I was from. Had me thinking about L.A. alot.

Now that I'm here, I've been exploring downtown. It's nothing compared to Chicago but it got me going out and exploring.

Now my only regret is never really doing the same for DT chicago. Here I'm only 10-20 minutes from DT. Chicago I was an hour and a half away. Less if I took the train.

I love both cities though. Wish I could mash them together and keep all the places and stay near all the folks that I know.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:47 PM

4,212 posts, read 6,995,015 times
Its all I know. Everyone and everything I know is here. Familarity, ease. And I don't want to live in an urban mess like NYC or Chicago.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:13 PM

255 posts, read 416,125 times
NYC is not a mess lol but I just want to move to LA for the weather, new environment, Metro Rail, and just a new experience.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:15 PM

1,602 posts, read 2,091,309 times
Ilive in the urban mess that is New York City and am sick and tired of it.
Having visited Los Angeles the past three years I feel that there is so much to see and explore. The unending variety of outdoor activities is so refreshing, the diversity of types of geography and neighborhoods is stimulating. L.A. has the pretentiousness of NY, if that's your thing, but somehow even that is done in a somewhat less offensive way. Yet, it still offers all the other socioeconomic levels for your entertainment pleasure.
The proximity of an urban center to beaches and mountains is amazingly convenient.
If we weren't anchored to NY by our jobs we would move to L.A. in a flash and spend the rest of our lives exploring it.

Old 06-02-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
Its all I know. Everyone and everything I know is here. Familarity, ease. And I don't want to live in an urban mess like NYC or Chicago.
I see L.A. as an urban mess.

NYC and Chicago are like body builders. They grew well and organized.

L.A. is like a fat person. He just let himself go and didn't know how to stop getting fat(sprawl). Now he's trying to tone up starting with downtown. Nimbys say "He's fiiine!"

everyone else see's the mistakes made in the 50's up til' now.

Old 06-02-2012, 01:27 PM

6,575 posts, read 10,320,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideySwag View Post
Would like to hear some of your opinions...I personally want to live there because it seems so vivacious. The weather, diversity, beach, architecture, shows and plethora of sports are all so enticing to me and I'd love to live in this world renowned metropolitan area...Or at least I think so.
The reasons above are why I'm eventually buying property in San Diego. It has everything LA has but better and cleaner and less nutjobs.

Quote:
Maybe I'm wrong about my assumptions, or maybe not. Nonetheless, I'd like to see what y'all got to say about your experiences or thoughts about the city and surrounding areas!

I'm not that much of a fan of LA to be honest with you. The reason why I'm moving there is for work. I'm starting my career there. I'm very excited despite my presumptions of what it's going to be. Hopefully it's much better than what I think it is. It probably will be. I had the same reservations about New York City before I visited. So I'll just see what happens. Another reason why I'm moving is for a change! A change of lifestyle, weather, people, geography. Florida is so damn flat and boring. The animals are disgusting. The weather is just terrible. I remember last week, I was cursing the air because it was SO damn hot and humid. I said to myself that for all this BS - I'm flying FIRST CLASS to California as soon as I purchase my airplane tickets. I'm so out of here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or