Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 12:58 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,501,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakehorror View Post
Gary, Indiana!!! LOL!! I live not far from Gary, also Michael Jackson's childhood hometown. Gary is depressing. You guys in Cali think YOU have pollution problems?!!? YOU have trouble breathing??? hahahahahahha!!! Not even close.
Air pollution problems doesn't worry me near as much as the other kind of pollution problems
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 01:27 PM

1,287 posts, read 5,030,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udaii_d View Post
Hi,

I am still in confusion that, whether it is street name or other name for Compton

Actually the correct address

18420 South Santa Fe Ave
Rancho Dominguez
CA – 90221

Friends are suggesting me to stay in Cerritos, Artesia or in Buena park. Initially I have to prefer public transport to reach Rancho Dominguez, because I have to buy used car and license and it will take time. So I prefer to stay nearer to my office. Please suggest me which place will be safe and nearer.

I think Cerritos is a a good suggestion. Here's a list of more areas:

//www.city-data.com/forum/los-a...s-live-la.html

Old 09-25-2007, 05:24 PM

12,974 posts, read 34,011,089 times
Its a definate given that you do not want to live within walking distance of your job. I would suggest Carson and Torrance as really your only doable options.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:00 PM

332 posts, read 2,152,260 times
Lakewood (near Cal State Long Beach) isn't a bad area either.... take it into consideration.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:15 PM

20 posts, read 110,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAngelion View Post
I think Cerritos is a a good suggestion. Here's a list of more areas:

//www.city-data.com/forum/los-a...s-live-la.html
What will be cost of furnished apartment in Cerritos, and how many miles to Compton?

Old 09-25-2007, 11:59 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,386,357 times
if you can afford this one, it would be your best choice. good location. near downtown long beach, the beach, the metro, and its safe

REALTOR.com: Find a Home - Listing Detail

Old 09-26-2007, 12:07 AM

1,287 posts, read 5,030,622 times
Quote:
What will be cost of furnished apartment in Cerritos, and how many miles to Compton?
According to Mapquest, Cerritos to Compton is about a 20 minute drive. However, during heavy traffic, I suspect it could be longer.
Driving Directions from Cerritos, CA to Compton, CA

I am not familiar with the rental market in Cerritos, but you should check out the following:

craigslist: los angeles classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events
Apartments.com - Free Nationwide Apartment Search with the Most Visual Rental Listings Online.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:33 AM

20 posts, read 110,669 times
Cool Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAngelion View Post
According to Mapquest, Cerritos to Compton is about a 20 minute drive. However, during heavy traffic, I suspect it could be longer.
Driving Directions from Cerritos, CA to Compton, CA

I am not familiar with the rental market in Cerritos, but you should check out the following:

craigslist: los angeles classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events
Apartments.com - Free Nationwide Apartment Search with the Most Visual Rental Listings Online.
Thanks for the information’s you have given. It’s really helpful and its has given me confidence to come over there.

Have you visited India? If you are interested, tell me what are all the things you know about India, and I will share my thoughts.

Uday

Old 09-27-2007, 09:04 PM
CLQ

207 posts, read 1,087,090 times
Quote:
I am an Indian. Officially I am traveling to CA. My office will be at Rancho, Compton. I heard that Compton is not good place to live. Can any one suggest me, which will be the safest place to live with family and also nearer to Rancho?

Uday
Definitely Cerritos, CA. It is close and has a famous India town on Pioneer Blvd.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:17 PM

1 posts, read 4,057 times
Uday nice to meet you! i hope and pray you really take the advice of everyone on this board- your life and your families life are more important that than any job or any place to live. compton is sooooo dangerous! below i posted the statistics as of 2 years ago...things are even worse than what this chart says...but also keep in mind that these are the "reported" crimes...which means that there are so many more crimes that were done that where never reported to the police. (a forewarning- many people dont report crimes because they fear that someone will harm them if they do) if your coming from india- its gonna be a crazy change to be working in compton- if there is anyway that you can change your place of buisness you should do it before you even come here! i just meet a lady last month who just moved outta compton with her entire family. they have been despertley trying to get out of there for the sake of saving their lives.. they constantly had drive by shootings...maybe you dont know about this kind of thing- but in bad areas such as compton there are gangs/rivals of people groups and races etc. and they drive by your house and store and place of work shooting guns at your house/work place etc.. anyway this happens daily.. and this ladys house was getting shot at for no reason... after a bunches of drive by shootings that went on for years- one day actually 2 of her family members where shot, her old mother and her son. thank God they didnt die, but after that happened they just moved out of their house that day and sold their house for just a tiny amount of money (they took a huge financial lost) but they didnt care, they where just relieved to get out of there alive! anyway please do whatever you got to do to not have to work or live in compton!!! your job is not worth your life! take care! and be safe!

Murders 65
per 100,000

67.1 Rapes

40 per 100,000

41.3 Robberies

474 per 100,000

489.3 Assaults

1,152 per 100,000

1189.2 Burglaries

638 per 100,000

658.6 Thefts

971 per 100,000

1002.3 Auto thefts

1,006 per 100,000

1038.5 Arson

91 per 100,000

93.9 City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 325.2)

and there are 249 registered sex offenders
//www.city-data.com/so/so-Compt...tml]Registered sex offenders in Compton, California
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles