Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 09:14 PM

6 posts, read 31,465 times

Advertisements

Stay away from Compton. Move to Cerritos or Artesia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2007, 02:25 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udaii_d View Post

Hi,

Can you explain me Why? My Indian friends are staying there more than 1 yr and commute to compton.

It will be helpful for me if you tell the reason.

Thanks
M.Uday
Buena Park is a heavily Latino area of north O.C. (Many of the Mexican-Americans who live there and the non-Latino whites who used to live there moved from Compton after the '65 riots turned Compton from a mixed working class community into an all black ghetto ; Compton's current Hispanic population is mostly illegal and has no connection to its former Hispanic population) It's hardly comparable to Compton, and not particularly dangerous (it does have gangs but not to the problematic level of some other parts of inland OC), but not a nice area.

Old 12-26-2007, 08:18 PM

34 posts, read 174,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakehorror View Post
Gary, Indiana!!! LOL!! I live not far from Gary, also Michael Jackson's childhood hometown. Gary is depressing. You guys in Cali think YOU have pollution problems?!!? YOU have trouble breathing??? hahahahahahha!!! Not even close.
hey never been to gary but i been to compton.and compton is a nightmare.
try walking there at nite or late evening and youll see.its like a movie.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:25 PM

4 posts, read 24,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udaii_d View Post
I am an Indian. Officially I am traveling to CA. My office will be at Rancho, Compton. I heard that Compton is not good place to live. Can any one suggest me, which will be the safest place to live with family and also nearer to Rancho?

Uday
i live in compton east rancho dominguez....its actually not a bad place...but im not saying its a great place either...theres better places to live in...but its not too bad here....

Old 12-30-2007, 11:34 PM

4 posts, read 24,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiths1 View Post
Uday nice to meet you! i hope and pray you really take the advice of everyone on this board- your life and your families life are more important that than any job or any place to live. compton is sooooo dangerous! below i posted the statistics as of 2 years ago...things are even worse than what this chart says...but also keep in mind that these are the "reported" crimes...which means that there are so many more crimes that were done that where never reported to the police. (a forewarning- many people dont report crimes because they fear that someone will harm them if they do) if your coming from india- its gonna be a crazy change to be working in compton- if there is anyway that you can change your place of buisness you should do it before you even come here! i just meet a lady last month who just moved outta compton with her entire family. they have been despertley trying to get out of there for the sake of saving their lives.. they constantly had drive by shootings...maybe you dont know about this kind of thing- but in bad areas such as compton there are gangs/rivals of people groups and races etc. and they drive by your house and store and place of work shooting guns at your house/work place etc.. anyway this happens daily.. and this ladys house was getting shot at for no reason... after a bunches of drive by shootings that went on for years- one day actually 2 of her family members where shot, her old mother and her son. thank God they didnt die, but after that happened they just moved out of their house that day and sold their house for just a tiny amount of money (they took a huge financial lost) but they didnt care, they where just relieved to get out of there alive! anyway please do whatever you got to do to not have to work or live in compton!!! your job is not worth your life! take care! and be safe!

Murders 65
per 100,000

67.1 Rapes

40 per 100,000

41.3 Robberies

474 per 100,000

489.3 Assaults

1,152 per 100,000

1189.2 Burglaries

638 per 100,000

658.6 Thefts

971 per 100,000

1002.3 Auto thefts

1,006 per 100,000

1038.5 Arson

91 per 100,000

93.9 City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 325.2)

and there are 249 registered sex offenders
www.city-data.com/so/so-Compton-California.html]Registered sex offenders in Compton, California
OMG this actually makes me laugh!
ofcourse compton isnt the safest place to live in...but its not that bad! i been living here my whole life....and im turning out ok...my family is turning out ok also.....i have an older sister going to UC Berkeley and she lived in compton all her life too! it all depends on the decisions u make.....just keep in mind that u have to hang out with ppl that have the same ideas as u because if u start hanging out with the bad crew and getting into gangs ofcourse ur in danger....but its ur decision if u wanna be in danger...

Old 12-31-2007, 07:22 PM

457 posts, read 1,016,306 times
Move now or rent,

Wait another 3 years to move back to own in Calif. by then the RE prices will be down another 40% ( and know RE prices arent coming back) and you can buy right in Placerville , Auburn, Sonora , or anywhere in the Motherlode area.

I love the beautiful Oaks and the American River, **** 8, Coloma, Ive been all over the world and the Motherlode is the most serene in the world. How bout 40 acres in Georgetown for $30,000 in the year 2013?

THERES NO MORE MONEY TO BORROW???? OR LENDERS!!!!

California will crash so hard it will astound anyone. Anyone holding onto any home is crazy... and for the ones holding any mortgage will get burried-- CALIFORNIA is not sustainable anymore--, The Retirees are leaving -- lower wage earners cannot pick up the slack.

How many more billion$ can the State bond out and borrow? You dont have a conundrum whether to leave but where to leave too. Good Luck and get off the Tiitanic before you lose it All......

Where to go? Focus on your employeement strengths, find that market, family, weather, practicality. But sell fast and rent NOW ,,,,
THE BUBBLE HAS BURST!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-31-2007, 08:53 PM

8 posts, read 15,062 times
if you go to long beach stay away from chestnut 15th street, it is in the worst neighborhood in long beach and the neighborhood is worst than most places in compton. You have an icecream trucc there till like 1:00 am. they aint just sellin ice cream. and if your not mixed with black and mexican, but are just 100 percent black, mexican, white, asian or native american , prepare for the worst jumping of your life. you might even get shot. the neighborhood is just a ****hole. Its following south central path and is soon going to be the worst city in Los ANgeles county.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:04 AM
DKP

1 posts, read 2,456 times
my friend got shot in compton, if you want to live down in that part of L.A., I would suggest Gardena, Compton got too many gangs, Gardena got gangs also, but they aint so hardcore as compton.. But still Gardena Got Shotgun Crips area, one of the biggest Crip gang territories in L.A
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles