U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 06:50 PM

497 posts, read 1,332,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDayGuy View Post
I've noticed that the Latino community in LA is - in general - incredibly anti-Black. It's the strangest thing I've ever seen because most Latinos tend to stay to themselves which doesn't lead to there being a lot of negative interactions in the first place.

But then again, LA is fairly segregated, so it shouldn't surprise me that much.

Keep in mind the hispanic population has engulfed traditional black neighborhoods in Los Angeles and even moreso their jobs. I think that may be the more broad reason for any resentment and long term
issues.

I know the Construction Industry went from a big African American Labor force to pretty much all hispanic now. That was a few generations ago.

Old 08-11-2012, 06:52 PM

497 posts, read 1,332,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
I never really heard of any Arab or Indian gangs in the United States. I think the closest thing we got to having a Middle Eastern type of gang are the "Armenian Power" street gangs in Southern California.
There is a pretty big russian influence in those Armenians that came here over the past 20 years
and that holds true with the gangs as well.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:30 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,880,800 times
Quote:
Are Surenos racists against Black people or not ?
I think so. And while it goes both ways, it's not in the same amounts. In my experience Mexicans are much more racist against blacks than blacks are against Mexicans.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:19 AM

76 posts, read 238,274 times
1) We don't really have Arab/Indian gangs here. The biggest attempt at that was probably the Assyrian Kings, who are around but are really nothing compared to any of the other gangs. There was an Indo/Pak gang too but again a small neighborhood thing not even as serious as the Assyrians. The Greeks were at one time more drawn to the Insane Popes, Central Americans were drawn to the Vikings, and so on. But this is all old news and most of this is long gone and never was anything very serious like the Latin Kings, Vicelords, GD's, etc. For the most part nowadays the smaller minority groups just blend in to the larger minority groups and join their gangs. Even the Assyrian Kings was just an attempt to open a version of a Latin King section (who they always pandered to for support/legitimacy) on Devon ave.

2) We do have some mixing in gangs but at the same time the gangs are pretty segregated racially. I went to Chicago High Schools and different races typically sat at different tables and most of the time they were all gang affiliated. Our Folk/People alliances do cross racial lines for sure though, so you could be a black Vicelord (a black gang) and you'd get along with a Latin King perhaps (a hispanic gang) because you are both People and throw down the fork. But then again **** starts up and it get can get somewhat racial pretty fast, there are racial undertones here, not as heavy as L.A., but we have it for sure. And in general everyone is more racist against black people than they are racist against everyone else, but they are also the poorest and most violent so perhaps that has something to do with that imbalance.

3) Sureno wannabees and transplants over here are generally more racist. They inherit that from California, they worship California gangbangers. We have Nortenos and MS-13 as well. This stuff is spreading fast amongst 1st generation Mexicans, "beaner" types as we call them. They haven't been able to make a big race issue here, though they kind of try, because they are always hiding from our traditional Chicago gangs. I'd say you guys are 1/2 right, race war is almost impossible here because not only do races ally here but they intermix to a growing and growing extent in gangs and in relationships/having interracial kids with one another. On the other hand, it is something that is there and it does get brought up in gang conflict and their inner circles quite a bit.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:41 AM

1,632 posts, read 2,397,675 times
It goes all the way back to the LA Riots

Los Angeles Gangs and Hate Crimes - Gangs - POLICE Magazine

Old 08-12-2012, 11:43 PM

2,431 posts, read 2,940,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
people that practice racism are practicing against all people.
btw archie bunker does not have a monopoly on racism plenty of it on the hood ask any Korean.
I don't personally know anyone who thinks that Archie Bunker invented racism, or that black people or Koreans can't be. Certainly not George Jefferson. But I also know that there are Mexican Americans who do not identify themselves as equal to Mexican immigrants, who never appear to be as actively against blacks as those who call themselves 'surenos'.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:57 PM

57,800 posts, read 76,763,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
I don't personally know anyone who thinks that Archie Bunker invented racism, or that black people or Koreans can't be. Certainly not George Jefferson. But I also know that there are Mexican Americans who do not identify themselves as equal to Mexican immigrants, who never appear to be as actively against blacks as those who call themselves 'surenos'.
that is strange do u read posts on CDF much??, still dont know anybody that thinks little archie is sole proprietor of racism?

Old 08-13-2012, 11:17 PM

110 posts, read 201,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Arab gangs do not exist in California but they exist in Chicago. That's one of many differences between Chicago gang culture and California gang culture. Chicago gang culture is less racialized, which is ironic considering Chicago is more segregated than any California city.
there are indian gangs more in the san francisco bay area

Old 08-13-2012, 11:33 PM

5,650 posts, read 7,062,946 times
I reckon there are some Sureno gangs that have white members. Saw that on a documentary once.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:30 PM

1 posts, read 4,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astoriahoney View Post
Chicanos in California in general are extremely racist. I thought the NorCal Californios would be different but they are even worse mainly due to the fact that they look white.
That statement sounds racist itself. So, because they look White they are worse? Whites are the only or worse racists? Please. I think if you look at crimes in which the perp and victim are different races, you'll clearly see that Blacks are the new "racists" of the century. Black on White crime/violence is rampant. Try Googling flashmob attacks. White on Black crime/violence is a rarity. Only liberals still see things as they were many decades ago.
Now that Hispanics are taking over, you're seeing more and more schools in various states experiencing racial fights and it's mostly Blacks and Hispanics. Nothing to do with Whites. Liberals will still blame it on Whites though lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or