U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 05:53 PM

574 posts, read 1,209,441 times

Advertisements

Tons of Asians in Irvine, Fountain Valley, Garden Grove, and Westminister in OC bordering LA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 06:16 PM

1,714 posts, read 3,262,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge112597 View Post
Tons of Asians in Irvine, Fountain Valley, Garden Grove, and Westminister in OC bordering LA.
I think it also depends on what Asian culture the OP is looking for. The Asians in those OC cities you listed (except Irvine) are mainly Vietnamese immigrants.

The Asians in SGV are mostly from China, Taiwan, and HK, if not American-born.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:55 PM

18,041 posts, read 19,763,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
You might want to consider Cerritos.. Upper-middle class mostly, no gang issues, great schools(Whitney if you're a genius, Cerritos HS if you're just smart), and 62% Asian(Koreans and Filipinos probably most dominant).

Contrasting against other cities' demographics: Irvine is 39% Asian, Glendora is 8% Asian, and Diamond Bar is 53% Asian

I don't know where exactly you live, but Cerritos is very close to both Metrolink commuter rail and LA Metro light rail(blue line, to be specific) and the freeways are probably about average for commuting, unless your goal is to the take the 5 into LA, which means going through the heavily congested East LA interchange
FYI, Cerritos does have Asian gangs.

Asian Gangs in Cerritos, California | StreetGangs.Com

Old 06-15-2012, 09:17 PM

5,113 posts, read 17,797,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
FYI, Cerritos does have Asian gangs.

Asian Gangs in Cerritos, California | StreetGangs.Com
Cerritos is one of the safest cities in LA County. I'd be willing to bet every city in LAC has "gangs", but that doesn't really mean anything if they don't have any real effect.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:04 PM

6 posts, read 11,484 times
Thanks again everyone. Glendora is still very much on top of our list. We will just need to see if we can find something more or less comparable with just a tad more Asian influence. Something safe, family oriented with great schools and a few Asian kids =)

Old 06-18-2012, 01:07 AM

5 posts, read 7,568 times
I grew up in the Phillips Ranch which is a small little town directly next to Diamond Bar. Diamond Bar is close to Pomona which can get a tad rough if you go too far past Rio Rancho Rd. That area is pretty much all Hispanic immigrants and gang members. Diamond Bar has a large Asian population but there is alot of diversity too. I lived in the same house for 15 years and only had one break in in my brothers car. I loved growing up there and I always felt safe. They are great places to raise a family. As far as schools, your daughter will probably end up going to Diamond Bar High or Diamond Ranch both great schools. I went to Diamond Ranch but I have cousins who went to DBHS and they all turned out really great . Alot of my former classmates got scholarships to D1 schools.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:47 AM

4,105 posts, read 7,823,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam74 View Post
Thanks again everyone. Glendora is still very much on top of our list. We will just need to see if we can find something more or less comparable with just a tad more Asian influence. Something safe, family oriented with great schools and a few Asian kids =)
Have you looked at Temple City?
How about Walnut?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles