U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 06:20 PM

9,197 posts, read 14,477,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
Yup.

Obvious troll is obvious.
That, or USC is regressing back to the old "Rich kid C-student who can't get into a better school" place we've all known and [cough] loved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 11:10 PM

2,431 posts, read 2,941,492 times
I doubt but don't discount that this post could be racist by insinuating that the quality of an area would be questionable due to the mere existence of a certain ethnicity, as if there are no street gangs or urban crime perpetrated by Asian or others? But no matter where you live, don't be naive. Be aware that crime is part of big city life. Not just in what were once predomimantly 'black' areas in L.A. that have turned brown. But use your mind's eye instead, to see beyond prejudice and practice common sense, caution wherever you venture. Peace

Last edited by Mr. Opinionated; 06-19-2012 at 11:22 PM..

Old 06-20-2012, 09:47 AM

3,552 posts, read 5,710,500 times
just don't hang around off campus at 1 AM in your BMW like those two asian graduate students did a few months ago

Old 06-20-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
just don't hang around off campus at 1 AM in your BMW like those two asian graduate students did a few months ago
Better to just run around Vermont at 1 AM in your party pajamas.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:36 PM

3,162 posts, read 8,854,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Better to just run around Vermont at 1 AM in your party pajamas.
i heard thats how you can get STDs

Old 06-20-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
i heard thats how you can get STDs
The OP kindly alerted that to us in another thread. So use caution when running around the outskirts of USC late at night in your party pajamas.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:16 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,680,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by partypajamas View Post
My parents are asian and we are from manhattan....after reading about the heavy amount of blacks in the south central area and the 1992 riots in which blacks attacked asians for no reason, my parents are extremely worried about the safety of the area....

i will never leave campus of course except for parties in local USC housing, but is the immdiate area around USC safe? how vigilant are the USC police in protecting students ?
The troll concerned about STDs is now race baiting. Should anyone be surprised?

FYI, the death toll during the 1992 riots was 53:

The race/ethnicity of the victims:

25 black
16 Latino
8 White (Non-Latino)
2 Asian
2 Middle-Eastern immigrants

Old 06-20-2012, 11:56 PM

29,100 posts, read 22,743,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbergen View Post
i thought you said you're from the boston area?

"tired of cold rainy east coast, off to USC for college from new england suburb outside of boston."

seriously, if you're going to create posts to stir up trouble, at least keep your facts straight.
Meh - Boston is nothing more then a big suburb of NYC - maybe they just got the cities backwards.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:01 AM

29,100 posts, read 22,743,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
I doubt but don't discount that this post could be racist by insinuating that the quality of an area would be questionable due to the mere existence of a certain ethnicity, as if there are no street gangs or urban crime perpetrated by Asian or others? But no matter where you live, don't be naive. Be aware that crime is part of big city life. Not just in what were once predomimantly 'black' areas in L.A. that have turned brown. But use your mind's eye instead, to see beyond prejudice and practice common sense, caution wherever you venture. Peace
It would be hilarious if the OP went to UC Irvine just so they wouldn't have to be exposed to black or brown people(USC neighborhood) and then got offed by some Asian gangster in Orange County - well it wouldn't be funny - just ironic.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:25 PM

75 posts, read 134,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by partypajamas View Post
My parents are asian and we are from manhattan....after reading about the heavy amount of blacks in the south central area and the 1992 riots in which blacks attacked asians for no reason, my parents are extremely worried about the safety of the area....

i will never leave campus of course except for parties in local USC housing, but is the immdiate area around USC safe? how vigilant are the USC police in protecting students ?
You do realize that you are referencing something that happened in 1992 (20 years ago) right? Do you really think the riot is still going on? Use your street smarts from manhattan and you will be okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or