U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-25-2012, 02:23 AM
 
6 posts, read 12,137 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Hello to everyone. I will be visiting from Europe and will stay in a motel on the south central avenue (above Vernon avenue) for 5 days together with a friend. My friend is Asian and I am a typical white European looking.. The motel was the cheapest in booking.com so that's why I got it. The question is how safe are we going to be there? I have read some very bad things about south central however it looks like the area is much safer than before? Yet how safe today is it? We will have a car so no walking around the area. However, we may have to come back late at night. Also reading the reviews from the motel we are staying everyone said to avoid it because of the area! Are these reviewers just some ignorant people that got afraid by some homeless people around?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-25-2012, 04:02 AM
 
Location: West Los Angeles
10,908 posts, read 10,605,532 times
Reputation: 10975
I would not stay there. The reason it's cheap is because that area is very dangerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2012, 06:13 AM
 
1,176 posts, read 2,830,714 times
Reputation: 455
Hmm, looks a bit like a troll, but . . .What's the exact address, or at least nearest cross streets? I assume you'll have a car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2012, 06:36 AM
 
3,069 posts, read 4,421,705 times
Reputation: 2543
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimkon189 View Post
Hello to everyone. I will be visiting from Europe and will stay in a motel on the south central avenue (above Vernon avenue) for 5 days together with a friend. My friend is Asian and I am a typical white European looking.. The motel was the cheapest in booking.com so that's why I got it. The question is how safe are we going to be there? I have read some very bad things about south central however it looks like the area is much safer than before? Yet how safe today is it? We will have a car so no walking around the area. However, we may have to come back late at night. Also reading the reviews from the motel we are staying everyone said to avoid it because of the area! Are these reviewers just some ignorant people that got afraid by some homeless people around?

Thanks
Think of the worst areas of any major city in Europe and that is how it will be in south central.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2012, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
926 posts, read 1,455,910 times
Reputation: 1278
Oh hai. I'm a white person with an Asian friend and we're going to stay in a place called the "Skid Row." Is this okay for me and my white and Asian friend? I may have read on the Google that this may not be a pleasant place. Thanks, all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2012, 05:30 PM
 
6 posts, read 12,137 times
Reputation: 10
What the hell? why troll? Anyway I've heard that black people attach asians for some reason there so that's why I mentioned it. But the motel has a secure parking and we only intent to stay on the main road, that is south central avenue and we won't be travelling around the area. So bad is south central avenue? I was looking in google maps and looks surprisingly good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2012, 05:32 PM
 
6 posts, read 12,137 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Think of the worst areas of any major city in Europe and that is how it will be in south central.
The worst area in London I can think of I would very easily travel there during the day and during night by car wouldn't be a problem as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2012, 05:33 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
926 posts, read 1,455,910 times
Reputation: 1278
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimkon189 View Post
\Anyway I've heard that black people attach asians for some reason there so that's why I mentioned it.
Obvious troll just got obviouser.

It's a great hotel in a great location. Have fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2012, 07:51 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA (South Central)
203 posts, read 491,430 times
Reputation: 185
I already knew this was a troll. They don't even list these super cheap hood motels online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2012, 08:44 PM
 
Location: Declezville, CA
16,615 posts, read 34,671,379 times
Reputation: 16957
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Tistic View Post
I already knew this was a troll. They don't even list these super cheap hood motels online.
Don't be too hasty... I'm pretty sure I found his motel: Booking.com: Central Inn Motel, Los Angeles, United States of America. Book your hotel now!

$258.79, two people, five nights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top