U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 10:00 PM

229 posts, read 819,350 times

Advertisements

I'm in a little bit of a pickle and was hoping someone could make some helpful suggestions.

I'm going to be driving a 16 ft Penske truck from Michigan to Los Angeles country on July 9th. I figure it will take us 4 days to get there arriving late on the 12th. The problem is my apartment won't be ready for occupancy until the 15th or 16th. I need to find somewhere to store the full Penske truck for the 3 day lapse and am at a loss on ideas. I called Penske to see if they had any suggestions but am still waiting to hear back from them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 08:24 AM

7 posts, read 19,020 times
Default Storage Help

Hi - We saw your post. Penske Truck Rental has a number of storage partners including a new one called SpareFoot (http://www.sparefoot.com/), which allows you to search for storage locations nearest the location you are seeking. We also have relationships with CubeSmar storage (www.cubesmart.com) and Simply Self Storage (www.simplyss.com). You can find a complete list on our website:

Truck Rental Discounts and other incentives from Penske Partners - Penske Truck Rental

1-800-GO-PENSKE

We hope this helps!

Old 06-29-2012, 02:29 PM

583 posts, read 777,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acapr220 View Post
I'm in a little bit of a pickle and was hoping someone could make some helpful suggestions.

I'm going to be driving a 16 ft Penske truck from Michigan to Los Angeles county on July 9th. I figure it will take us 4 days to get there arriving late on the 12th. The problem is my apartment won't be ready for occupancy until the 15th or 16th. I need to find somewhere to store the full Penske truck for the 3 day lapse and am at a loss on ideas. I called Penske to see if they had any suggestions but am still waiting to hear back from them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
A 16 footer isn't too big. The easiest way to do this is to park the truck where space isn't at a premium. Stay extra days at a hotel, or two, along the Interstate in small towns on your way out. It's a lot easier to leave the Penske on the side of a Days Inn in Oklahoma or New Mexico than it is in L.A. Hit L.A. only when you're ready to drop. Many of these hotels have 18-wheelers park out back, so your Penske won't be much of an issue.

The three days with absolutely nothing to do except watch tv, eat fast food and look at the mountains will be a welcome break from the stress of the move.

Of course, you could always find a parking lot in Michigan in which to leave the truck for three days and do a straight run to L.A., but I like my first plan better.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:03 PM

13,343 posts, read 18,090,703 times
So this means you have 7 days to get to LA instead of 4 ... feel free to meander and see parts of the country you've never seen before.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:04 PM

229 posts, read 819,350 times
Thanks for the responses. i surely wish I did have 7 days but the friend who is driving into LA with me has already bout here ticket home and she leaves from LA on the 13th so leaving later or taking our time isn't an option. Plus we will be traveling with an animal and towing a car behind. I so wish this could be a leisurely trip across the country. Just not in the cards this time..

Old 06-29-2012, 09:51 PM

16,613 posts, read 34,655,635 times
I know a secure yard where you could park it, but it's 50 miles east of Downtown and not free.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:35 PM

13,343 posts, read 18,090,703 times
You know, check to see if you can park your truck at LAX Lot C (96th and Sepulveda) for $12 a day.
For example, this private lot says they'll take oversized vehicles: http://www.easyparklax.com/index.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or