Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2007, 11:26 PM

4 posts, read 9,817 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]Greetings from member hwandim,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]My nickname is Steve.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I live in Queensland, Australia.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]My wife and I together with our lovely daughter and son migrated from England to Australia soon after WW2. I served in the RAF as a Lancaster pilot and my wife served in the WAAF as a RADAR operator. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I have always had a high regard for ‘Yanks’ based on your willingness to face the enemy shoulder-to-shoulder with England and our allies in WWW2. In fact your participation undoubtedly was the turning point towards victory. Those days seem so long ago! It is hard to measure this against the clock of the Universe.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]We share July 4th. I am a little younger than USA as I saw my first daylight on July 4, 1923. Frankly I do not feel old enough to be 84. I live on my own now so my days are busy, busy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]It is now 7.40am. The temperature is close to 200 C (about 420 F check that please). This is the first month of spring so I would expect close to 30 0 C. Fahrenheit is a bit more that double Centigrade. Last summer was cool, autumn warm, winter mild.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I have been following reports on smog problems.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Los Angeles:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I wonder if some kind person would send me a current report.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]This would include an overview and indicate whether the situation has improved o getting worse.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Emailto: [/SIZE][SIZE=3]horace.ball@bigpond.com[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I would be grateful.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Best wishes[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Horace[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 05:38 PM

100 posts, read 563,383 times
The smog can be bad but it is getting better as far as I know in southern California in general with newer vehicles gradually replacing older vehicles the situation is improving, I am guessing that in 20 years the problem will be much less than it is today but still, for now, there is smog but if you are nearby to the ocean then it is much less noticeable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles