Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 09:56 PM

184 posts, read 352,848 times

Advertisements

"Come ON! That was FUNNY!" and then devolves into making fun of the audience "Look at this guy. He's all ARGH! And his wife is all Ohhhhh! Look at them!"

Now THAT was funny...LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 12:33 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,266,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
I have always felt like since I have started living in this city that actors and actresses are treated differently by locals. It seems like locals don't freak out when they see one (even a big star), or when the meet someone who is an actor, they are thoroughly unimpressed. Any one else see it that way?
That is true. Usually, I just go about my business. In their day to day lives, oddly, I think they like just being viewed as a regular person.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:50 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,476,432 times
And Lindsay Lohan gets off again! I tell you, this chick is like the teflon don, nothing ever sticks. I bet she could murder someone and she'd still get off scott free. Don't tell me celebrities don't get special treatment in LA

Lindsay Lohan cleared in alleged theft | Reuters

Old 09-07-2012, 06:30 PM

38 posts, read 98,363 times
I think it's your perception of who the person is and what grandiose beliefs you've chosen to give to them that determines how you react. Even if you've been living here in LA a long time or not.

Some (rather big) celebrities I see at times I don't react much to. But last Monday when I met Greg Louganis, I couldn't believe my luck and I felt this great wave of excitement come over me. Robert Cray is another artist I was pretty stoked about meeting, too, come to think of it.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:00 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,806,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActorTomG View Post
I think it's your perception of who the person is
I met Magic Johnson. I looked up to him. I saw Tom Cruise. I looked down on him

(True stories of L.A. life)

Old 09-09-2012, 11:40 AM

1,242 posts, read 1,940,946 times
Last June I was at this little pub on 11th or something Downtown and I was walking over towards Staples Center. In doing so I ran into those nice kids who try and sell you candy for $5. After about 5 minutes of trying to lowball one of them I turned and bumped into a group of guys, and ran into this one guy. I said "excuse me sir" and walked on. My buddy, a huge Kings fan ran up to me and told me I litterally bumped into Wayne Gretzky. I told him he was crazy.

Another time I was driving to the beach with my friends. At a red light a grey haired man with a huge chin pulled up beside us in a suh-weeet Audi. I laughed and said that guy "looked like" Jay Leno

Several years ago, I sold candy at Lakers games. This Cuban dude in a beard brushed passed me, I remarked how much he looked like Andy Garcia

In Afghanistan last year right before we flew back to the States, I was in the DFAC stealing energy drinks. An officer saw me and asked how I was, I didn't really look at him but I sarcastically said "Living the dream!" and ran out. That was Gen. David Petraeus.

I've seen famouse people, but I can never recognize them in person. Though, ironically I IMMEDIATELY recognized Matt "Money" Smith at a Hooters one time.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:35 PM

1,320 posts, read 2,691,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bophisto View Post
It seems there are a lot of people like this..and there are people that go crazy over people that aren't famous

Did any of you see this 21yr old guy in NYC that pretended to be a Celeb

'Fake Celebrity' Brett Cohen Pranks New York City (VIDEO)

He had a fake entourage ,camera crew following him and all these people acted like they knew who he was

It's kind of ironic because now a lot of people know him so he's actually kind of a celeb.

I wonder if the same thing could be replicated in L.A ..maybe on the Hollywood Walk of Fame...
The daughter of a co-worker went to Hollywood a couple of years ago. Just to have some fun, she got dressed up fine, put on dark glasses and the like. Then, she had her boyfriend start snapping pics like crazy, and asking for her autograph. A swarm of people started to do the same! It drew quite a crowd!!

Old 09-14-2012, 06:47 AM

141 posts, read 284,561 times
I dated one and dumped him. He's just a regular guy like other LA guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles