Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2006, 01:58 PM

137 posts, read 257,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo istmeño View Post
Anyone who studied history after 7th grade realized that Columbus did not discover America.

Native Americans passes down Myths to their offspring- tales and stories- and they are strikingly similar to the Bible, which says

Native American belief was always focused on being in the center of the universe. You can`t seem to grasp the land bridge concept- it wasn`t an over-night hike. It took thiousands upon thousands of years to fill up the Americas. The same Indians that you find in Peru got there by migrating from Siberia. I already read my history books- I already earned my degree. You can either take my word for it, or you can look it up for yourself. But falling back on the cop-out perspective that "Nobody knows" is ridiculous. The one who doesn`t know is you.
Quote:
The same Indians that you find in Peru got there by migrating from Siberia
They did !

Then you better publish that because you would be the very first to present the archeological evidence !

Maybe you should be an archeologist because you have the archeological records they have been looking for !

LMAO

Quote:
You can`t seem to grasp the land bridge concept- it wasn`t an over-night hike. It took thiousands upon thousands of years to fill up the Americas.
If so as a fact, they would have the archeological evidence for it by the droves if it took thousands of years.

But they don't.

Maybe you can show it to them so they stop calling it a theory ! HAHA

I wonder why they still call it a theory then ? HAHA

I think it's because they don't have you there.

Quote:
Native Americans passes down Myths to their offspring- tales and stories- and they are strikingly similar to the Bible, which says
Which says what ?

You didnt complete the sentence.

Can you show me them saying they crossed a land bridge ?

Quote:
Native American belief was always focused on being in the center of the universe.
Thats all you are going to tell me about what the indians say?

How is that cogent to solving the mystery of who the first american were and how they got here ?

It's very mystical sounding though I'll give you that.

Old 12-08-2006, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Then why is it printed in History books?
And Indigenous people do have physical traits that resemble Siberians and Chinese. That is why most Indians have more slanted eyes and darker skin. They have found evidence of similar lifestyles/artifacts/languages on both sides:Alaska and Siberia. These aren`t coincidences, but rather proof.
You need to look up the definition of theory .

Theory is a supposition

Old 12-08-2006, 02:08 PM

231 posts, read 507,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfluneedit View Post
They did !

Then you better publish that because you would be the very first to present the archeological evidence !

Maybe you should be an archeologist because you have the archeological records they have been looking for !

LMAO

If so as a fact, they would have the archeological evidence for it by the droves if it took thousands of years.

But they don't.

Maybe you can show it to them so they stop calling it a theory ! HAHA

I wonder why they still call it a theory then ? HAHA

I think it's because they don't have you there.

Which says what ?

You didnt complete the sentence.

Can you show me them saying they crossed a land bridge ?

Thats all you are going to tell me about what the indians say?

How is that cogent to solving the mystery of who the first american were and how they got here ?

It's very mystical sounding though I'll give you that.
I`ve already admitted that it is a theory- but it is the most probable one around, and has been for decades. And yes, it does have tons of substantial evidence to support it (I`ve already mentioned a couple), that is why it is printed in history books- we can bank on it- it is the most logical and widely accepted theory as to how the Americas became populated. It is a theory that is accepted by scholars and experts throughout the world, and that is good enough for me!

I think you should read up on it, because all you can do is deny. I have offered evidense, and you can only deny it exists. So I suggest you read up on the topic- All you have to do is google "land bridge- siberia" and that will get you started. Or you can ignorantly deny, and therefore claim superiority over the thousands of historians, archeologists, and scientists who have thoroughly studied and accpeted this theory.

Old 12-08-2006, 02:10 PM

Now I am going to teach you .

Hopefully this penetrates , because you seem to be having difficulty getting a grip on what a theory is.

So here is a link from the LA Times.

Discovery casts doubt on Bering land bridge theory
By Allison M. Heinrichs
LOS ANGELES TIMES
Posted on Wed, Jul. 30, 2003

http://www.edenseve.net/discovery_ca...on_bering_.htm

Notice the word theory.

Notice the fact that there is little evidence to substantiate it at this point.

Theory is presented to you as a possible explanation and you are not capable of distinguishing history from theory.

The problem occurs with a lack of comprehension on your part.

OK ? Does that help ?
You're welcome, I don't mind teaching you.

Old 12-08-2006, 02:14 PM

Quote:
I`ve already admitted that it is a theory- but it is the most probable one around, and has been for decades. And yes, it does have tons of substantial evidence to support it (I`ve already mentioned a couple), that is why it is printed in history books- we can bank on it- it is the most logical and widely accepted theory as to how the Americas became populated. It is a theory that is accepted by scholars and experts throughout the world, and that is good enough for me!
I think you should read up on it, because all you can do is deny. I have offered evidense, and you can only deny it exists. So I suggest you read up on the topic- All you have to do is google "land bridge- siberia" and that will get you started. Or you can ignorantly deny, and therefore claim superiority over the thousands of historians, archeologists, and scientists who have thoroughly studied and accpeted this theory.
Wrong read the article.

It's not presented as....this is a theory ....but we all believe this is what took place.

That is you reading into it the way you chose to.

And in no instance is belief neccessarily fact.

They don't call it a theory for nothing .

Quote:
I have offered evidense, and you can only deny it exists
You have offered not one single iota of evidence other than say that you read the theory and you believe it is not only theory but history.

Not one iota of evidence from you.

If you have it , then turn it over to the archeologists , the are looking for it right now.

Quote:
All you have to do is google "land bridge- siberia"
You should do that and here is what you will find :

By Allison M. Heinrichs
LOS ANGELES TIMES

Then you will understand that it is a theory, and furthermore it is in dispute.

It is by no means history.

How the hell did someone like you get a BA ?
(like I said BS not BA)

Who gives a BA to someone that doesn't know the difference between theory and history?

SEE THAT WHAT HAPPEN WHEN YOU GO BY SOUND BITES FROM LaRaZa RATHER THAN EDUCATION , YOU SOON FIND OUT THAT THOSE SOUND BITES WON'T HOLD UP UNLESS THE OTHER PARTY BACKS DOWN

Thats what lazy immigrants want...they want these sound bites as a ticket for a free ride on the back of american taxpayers.

Last edited by gfluneedit; 12-08-2006 at 02:27 PM..

Old 12-08-2006, 02:21 PM

"A 2006 study (to be published in Journal of California and Great Basin Anthropology) reports new DNA-based research that uniquely links the DNA retrieved from a 10,000-year-old fossilized tooth from an Alaskan island, with specific coastal tribes in Tierra del Fuego, Ecuador, Mexico and California."

I can`t believe this immigration forum has transformed into a land-bridge forum. Kinda irrelevant, but symbolic in that it shows that foreigners have been migrating to the Americas for as many as 40,000 years!

Old 12-08-2006, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Wrong read the article.

It's not presented as....this is a theory ....but we all believe this is what took place.

That is you reading into it the way you chose to.

And in no instance is belief neccessarily fact.

They don't call it a theory for nothing .

You have offered not one single iota of evidence other than say that you read the theory and you believe it is not only theory but history.

If you have it , then turn it over to the archeologists , the are looking for it right now.

You should do that and here is what you will find :

By Allison M. Heinrichs
LOS ANGELES TIMES
calm down I haven`t even read it yet

Old 12-08-2006, 02:40 PM

Quote:
I can`t believe this immigration forum has transformed into a land-bridge forum. Kinda irrelevant, but symbolic in that it shows that foreigners have been migrating to the Americas for as many as 40,000 years!
Thats the point..now you get it...it has no relevance to illegal immigration

I'm glad you finally admit that those LaRaza mantras...like you stole the land from the indians.... are worthless BS in regards to the issue of illegal mexicans trespassing onto american land they have no right to be in.

It's irrelavant

The year is 2006 and these illegals have no rights here and no right to be here.

They need to be arrested and deported as we scoff at these meaningless LaRaza mantras.

Quote:
foreigners have been migrating to the Americas for as many as 40,000 years
Correct, over the course of history the land belonged to many different groups , not just indians.

Presently it belongs to americans and mexicans have no rights here.

Last edited by gfluneedit; 12-08-2006 at 02:49 PM..

Old 12-08-2006, 02:45 PM

Default Land Bridge Evidence- some repeated

Quote:

The funny thing is, it is really irrelevant if they crossed by the land bridge or if they came in boats. Nowhere in your articles do they say the land bridge didn`t exist, nor that it wasn`t used. They only put time into question. So? !,000 years means really little in the span of 40,000, as far as our argument is concerned. They were still here first. They still come from Asia originally. That has been proven, DNA and fossils. Language (I don`t want to repeat the evidence I have sited- if you choose to ignore it, so be it)

Old 12-08-2006, 02:52 PM

Quote:
The year is 2006 and these illegals have no rights here and no right to be here.
Unless of course you count the fact that they were there first. That might give them a right to be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles