Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2012, 04:32 PM

12 posts, read 151,627 times

Advertisements

I’m in the market for a home in or near Los Angeles, I have seen those infomercials of companies you can go to, to buy a house via an auction (at one location) or via online.

I was just curious to know is it an easy or mild or hard process to purchase a home this way?

I accidentally came across a house online while looking at Zillow houses for sale postings. There is a house on the west side valued at $600,000 (via Zillow’s estimate), the opening bid is at $159,000, the auction will start later this month and will end early next month.

There are only exterior photos of the house and you have to buy it “as is”. The photos look GREAT! Yet I’m just wondering if it is worth bothering to bid on a house like this or bidding for a house in general . . . i.e. what will the competition might be like for this online auction? I have already been pre-approved for 600K . . . yet I just don’t know what to expect from a house auction, since I know nothing about them and how they work . . . Though the house is bank owned and foreclosed upon, there are occupants still living in the house (and per the posting), you can’t disturb the occupants . . . yet I would like to see the insides of the house, before making a substantial purchase . . . so when it comes to home auctions like this in general, what is the process of being able to inspect the house before bidding on it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: