Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 03:46 PM

61 posts, read 140,208 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm an RN in CA looking for jobs in Southern Cali. Anyone know of any hospitals or systems in Los Angeles/Orange County that are hiring many RNs fast? There are so many hospitals I was just wondering if someone has a tip. I am flexible to go anywhere in Southern California and am looking for responses from RNs and people who understand the job market for RNs.
Note: Lots of RN jobs listed online on careerbuilder.com and other similar websites don't mean a whole lot and don't speak to the real hiring situation; That is why I'm looking for real info. Thanks!

Z
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 04:08 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
Do you have your BSN or MSN? How many years as an RN? Any specific dicipline within Nursing? We are hiring but for those that have degrees or lots of experience

Old 10-17-2012, 06:32 PM

Default Thanks for the reply

Hello!

I just have my ADN but I have eight years experience in tele/stepdown/ and med/surg, excellent assessment skills, and advanced 12-lead interpretation skills.

Z

Old 10-18-2012, 08:46 AM

My thought is to check the Hospital websites in the areas you may want to move to.

Here is the website for my hospital:

Community Memorial Health System

Here are the qualifications for open positions at my hospital:

RN II ICU/CCU (4 open positions)

"Associate's degree (ADN) required, BSN preferred. One to two years ICU/CCU experience is required. Current CA RN License, ACLS, BLS certificates and completion of a critical care course is required. Basic computer skills required."

RN II Cardiac Center (1 open position)

"Associate's degree (ADN) required, BSN preferred. Excellent communications and phone skills. Operating room experience required. Basic computer skills are mandatory. Current unrestricted CA RN License & CPR certificate required. Must be able to take "call" within 30 minutes"

RN II Emergency Department (1 open position)

"Associate's degree (ADN) required, BSN preferred. Current CA RN license. Must have current ACLS, PALS and BLS certification. 1 to 2yrs exp and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. One year Emergency Department experience required."

RN II NICU (Open positions were not listed)

"Minimum of two (2) years current NICU Level III experience is required. Current CA RN License, current certification in BLS for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED) and current certification in Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) are required."

Old 10-19-2012, 07:43 PM

Thank you for posting those positions at your hospital. Unfortunately I do not have ICU nor OR experience. I am now also adding rural hospitals to my pool of applied positions to see if I can get a job in a hospital that way.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:06 PM

28,114 posts, read 63,642,682 times
Is Kaiser a presence in Los Angeles?

The reason I ask is every month we continue to loose RN's and OR Techs to Kaiser...

Old 10-23-2012, 01:32 AM

Kaiser has a large presence in the Los Angeles area. They also have a large clinic system in Ventura County and use our hospital as the contracted hospital for Western Ventura County. I know that they are also in Orange County and San Diego county.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:18 PM

Thank you for your replies. I have applied to Kaiser with no results in the past. I am staying optimistic.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:55 PM

28,114 posts, read 63,642,682 times
Kaiser has been very aggressively recruiting our Nurses and OR techs... I'm sure part of the reason are the new facilities under construction.

They do tend to hire those with experience and the multi-lingual...

Although, a nursing student friend of mine just finished her preceptorship at a local Kaiser and the Director of Nursing told her she had made a very favorable impression and to consider coming to work at Kaiser...

Old 10-24-2012, 06:10 PM

1,249 posts, read 1,732,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharias View Post
Hello!

I just have my ADN but I have eight years experience in tele/stepdown/ and med/surg, excellent assessment skills, and advanced 12-lead interpretation skills.

Z
Sorry, but we have to market you a little better. You don't "just" have an ADN. Instead, you have an ADN with 8 years of experience in........ Don't be afraid to sell your credentials. You earned them!

Kim, NP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles