Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 08:06 AM

2,720 posts, read 5,625,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancedout View Post
LOL, that is sort of an interesting paradox. I know what you mean as well...they hit a certain age and hit the bar heavily in the process, which they would have looked down on people their age for doing so and found that person odd for not settling down.

I've always found women in the midwest 35+ to be much more open-minded in dating an edgier guy than even the "party" type of woman in her 20s.

You've also said before that Houston has a very crazy nightlife. I sort of wonder who those people are, since it does seem like a family-oriented-get-married-young sort of place.
Well Houston is the cougar capital of the US. They pack the bars. At most of the suburban bars its common to see it full of older woman in their late 30s and 40s. Some of them become open minded and expand their tastes beyond a cowboy. These ladies have been divorced and lead successful lives but want a younger guy. They've matured and want to live the life they misses while young.

The other half of cougars are married women in crappy marriages out with their friends getting drunk and messing around with younger studs. They got knocked up and married young, never matured, and tend to have a screw loose. I've met plenty and most if not all are emotinally and a bit mentally unstable.

Texas is a hypocritical state. By day it's all conservative and Christian but by night it's a rowdy crazy Bourbon street like party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 10:00 PM

810 posts, read 1,342,106 times
In the midwest, there do seem to be a large percentage of married couples in their 20s/30s (before divorce) who still do go out and party. In Texas, even the bigger cities, I can see this being looked down upon (although there have to be a lot who do as well). The cougar scene really isn't too strong in the midwest though, you can find them here & there, but attractive ones aren't that common.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:28 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyway31 View Post
Well, we have a couple of Hollywood fanboys here, and generally most transplants never venture there, but, make you a deal:
Spend a weekend playing on the beach and in the bars of Manhattan and Hermosa Beach and tell us how it went. I guess part of its charm is there will always be people who know nothing about the area and never hang out there. So nothing lost if, as we can assume, you'll never spend a second there. I'm just saying if you spent any measurable amount of time there you'd be off of city data asking where to live
This is where I suggest expanding the beach horizons to include El Segundo and Redondo Beach. Still within striking distance of the beach party scene, and a bit more affordable.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:51 PM

1,882 posts, read 3,110,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
This is where I suggest expanding the beach horizons to include El Segundo and Redondo Beach. Still within striking distance of the beach party scene, and a bit more affordable.
Sure. Given the areas the OP is looking into, affordability doesn't seem to be an issue to that degree, though. But, yes, she could expand the search to those areas as well if need be.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:59 PM

29 posts, read 53,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post
They do that when they're young, like in their 20s, and then by the time they're 40, they tend to be drunk pill poppers with so many secrets it makes them a bit screw loose.

A lot of them are either divorced by then or sticking it out in a lousy marriage while sleeping around with younger men.

They regret a lot of things and tend to hate on women like you who venture off to pursue their passions and accomplish things.

The one thing I hate the most is how much they resent people who dont have children by the time they're 25. It's as though, children are the best thing on this earth and you have no idea what true love is until you have a child and can never ever ever know what it feels like to really love a child until you have one of your own, yada yada yada.

The minute you say anything contrary to family values they act like you just pissed all over the dinner table. I mean it's ridiculous how much they project on people they know are loving their lives without getting knocked up or married or living the planted family life.

LMAO!!! Because it's sooooo true! I have to get to LA!!

Old 11-03-2012, 01:02 PM

29 posts, read 53,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
What's the commute time into the west area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles