U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2012, 04:14 PM

642 posts, read 1,072,148 times

Advertisements

Next week I'll be driving to Los Angeles and from there I plan on taking the train up to the bay area for a week or so, but I was wondering where would be a good place to leave my car, or if that would even be a feasible option.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 05:08 PM

1,018 posts, read 1,761,764 times
Long term parking at Union Station is $10 per day. I don't think you're going to do a whole lot better than that, though maybe others will know of cheaper options. You won't be able to park on the street, everything I know of around there is time-limited and/or metered.

Depending on where you're starting from, you might want to park at an outlying rail station and take a train into Union Station. It could be easier than driving into Downtown LA for Union Station. Many of the Metrolink commuter rail stations have parking, some of the Metrorail light rail stations (e..g Gold Line) have parking as well.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:51 PM

171 posts, read 511,983 times
When my sister takes the train to Portland she always parks at the Gateway Plaza underground parking. It's manned and secure. It's right behind Union Station. Very convenient and a good price.

Overnight and long-term parking at Gateway Plaza only. $6/day or $65/month. 801 Vignes St. Call 213-620-0115.

---------------------

There is a map here of the outside area of the station area. The entrance to the parking I mentioned above is the P sign on the right side of the map.
ExperienceLA : El Pueblo de Los Angeles Metro Adventure Planning Guide

If you're not familiar with Union Station or the area around it you can of course use google street view with that Vignes St. address to see what it looks like. I like to do this before I go somewhere I haven't been before. If I even think I may get lost I get way too much anxiety.

I hope this was of some help.

Old 10-24-2012, 04:59 AM

671 posts, read 1,124,448 times
If you money is no object, then Gateway is a pretty good place to park. However, the idea of finding FREE long term parking at a rail station outside of Union Station, then taking a Metrolink or Amtrak train to Union Station is also a good option.

Or if you live near a train station served by Metrolink or Amtrak, someone could willing to drive the few miles, or less, to the station catch a Metrolink or Amtrak, then pick you up when you return. They wouldn't have to go to Union Station and probably wouldn't mind taking just a few miles to your nearest Metrolink/Amtrak station.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:26 PM

1 posts, read 28,606 times
I have this same issue soon. I have learned that Metrolink lots do not permit overnight parking, and that the Metro lots (Gold Line, Orange Line, Red Line) permit parking up to 24 consecutive hours, but not for a few days. At least that's the official statement.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:46 AM

1 posts, read 21,815 times
Default Distance from Parking to Amtrak station

I have young kids with me. Just wonder if it is long walk from Gateway Plaza to Amtrak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linden52 View Post
When my sister takes the train to Portland she always parks at the Gateway Plaza underground parking. It's manned and secure. It's right behind Union Station. Very convenient and a good price.

Overnight and long-term parking at Gateway Plaza only. $6/day or $65/month. 801 Vignes St. Call 213-620-0115.

---------------------

There is a map here of the outside area of the station area. The entrance to the parking I mentioned above is the P sign on the right side of the map.
[url=http://ww1.experiencela.com/Adventures/Elpueblo.htm]ExperienceLA : El Pueblo de Los Angeles Metro Adventure Planning Guide[/url]

If you're not familiar with Union Station or the area around it you can of course use google street view with that Vignes St. address to see what it looks like. I like to do this before I go somewhere I haven't been before. If I even think I may get lost I get way too much anxiety.

I hope this was of some help.

Old 07-01-2014, 06:05 PM

3,920 posts, read 6,879,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malyhome View Post
I have young kids with me. Just wonder if it is long walk from Gateway Plaza to Amtrak.
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles