Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 11:00 PM

1,018 posts, read 1,850,028 times

Advertisements

I love LA. I don't live there but I try to visit it as much as I can. LA is the "cityest" city on the US West Coast, despite its spread out character. I love San Francisco too, but I usually get much more of a feel of Big City in LA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 11:32 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,151,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlite View Post
I love LA. I don't live there but I try to visit it as much as I can. LA is the "cityest" city on the US West Coast, despite its spread out character. I love San Francisco too, but I usually get much more of a feel of Big City in LA.
That's funny, because I lived here my whole life (but am planning to go to SF for uni and NYC afterwards with my cousin), and I always thought the downtown/touristy parts of SF are way more urban than LA.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:33 PM

29 posts, read 55,481 times
I also love LA! Despite the high living cost and the traffic, I really enjoy living here. Coming from the east coast, it still blows my mind to wake up in the morning and see mountains outside my window.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegarlic View Post
I Love LA!

Everything about it. The weather. The beaches. The food. The proximity to other venues: Las Vegas, San Diego, the Pacific Ocean(!), Mexico. Hollywood. Disneyland. Beverly Hills.

Maybe it's the role "LA" has played and swayed upon the collective memory of Americana that keeps me day dreaming.

Funny because I've never lived in LA.

One day I will.
Great. Great. Ever been here?

Old 10-26-2012, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nave209 View Post
I also love LA! Despite the high living cost and the traffic, I really enjoy living here. Coming from the east coast, it still blows my mind to wake up in the morning and see mountains outside my window.
Oh...

I did not think you would say that! LA is known for other things besides mountains! The only advantage that has is we can ski and surf on the same day! Colorado and Arizona have better mountains!

Old 10-27-2012, 03:43 AM

207 posts, read 508,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Oh Elle View Post
Great. Great. Ever been here?
Yes, I've been to "LA" many times. A few times physically and lots more in my imagination.

I Love LA!

Old 10-27-2012, 04:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegarlic View Post
I Love LA!

Everything about it. The weather. The beaches. The food. The proximity to other venues: Las Vegas, San Diego, the Pacific Ocean(!), Mexico. Hollywood. Disneyland. Beverly Hills.

Maybe it's the role "LA" has played and swayed upon the collective memory of Americana that keeps me day dreaming.

Funny because I've never lived in LA.

One day I will.
nothing wrong with your dream, but it could be just that. L.A. has a lot to offer, but it isn't all rosey like you think. Parts are dirty, like any major city, traffic is a nightmere most of the time, it is crowded, housing is out of site, that is why people live in small homes on small lots, not large houses with a great size lot. The weather is nice, but it can almost be boring. Being close to some of what you like is certainly an appeal, but being close to Mexico isn't always what you might think and much of what you say it is close to is the same thing: beaches and the pacific ocean, same, Hollywood and Los Angeles, that same. Why is living near Beverly Hills so wonderful? Do you think seeing movie stars is what makes a place great?

Yes, there are things to like about L.A. but I think you are seeing the city through the eyes of a child or you are watching way too much TV. Visiting is very different from living ina place. I do hope, someday, you will inherit a fortune so you can afford to live there.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:41 AM

127 posts, read 198,316 times
It gets up to the upper 90s in the summer. Everyday.

I feel like roast pig :/

Old 10-27-2012, 05:09 AM

207 posts, read 508,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmcrocker View Post
I love garlic.
I Love Garlic too! I even have the t-shirt to prove it.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:12 AM

151 posts, read 299,299 times
I have a love-hate relationship with the city of angels. Culturally this is a hub of the world. Sometimes, the density of the population can press in on you. But Angelinos have many ways to mitigate the density with close proximity to naturally beautiful settings. The Pacific Ocean is a major source of healing and recreation. In the summer, you have many outdoor venues to see the world's greatest talents in the arts. There is more to love about Los Angeles than not love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles