Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 07:08 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendDogood View Post
Hitler was a strong beliver in the theory of evolution and the survival of the fittest.This is why he believed in the Aryan super race.Atheism and unbelief have did far more harm than christianity.Stalin was greatly influenced by his reading of Darwin.If people are just cells than he had no problem eliminating millions in his gulags.If only those who claim there is no God and the bible is a collection of stories could see him in Hell.As far as who is going to hell anyone who confesses with their mouth that Jesus Christ is their saviour will be saved.
What's a beliver?

What's a saviour?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 10:16 AM

413 posts, read 1,845,655 times
Quote:
sorry to say I do not know confederateghost.he sounds like a good guy I believe he may be a nice person.It seems as though anyone who chooses to live by the bible these days is labeled as intollerant.If you do not accept the popular cultural views than you are the one there is something wrong with.I am here to say thats not true.Ministers in the 80's were not prosperity teachers.That was jim baker and jimmy swaggert.Jimmy swaggert and jim baker are both good men who were tripped up by the persuit of money.That happens to alot of people in life just like people who stumble with drugs,sex,alcoholism,etc.I have been told that secularism is common in the state of California.I do not think that holds well for the future of the area when we forget God he will forget about his divine protection of America.I am not sure if we will accept the offer of Los Angeles or Florida.LA is a very catholic city because of the huge number of mexican families.Catholicism is nothing but a group of pedophiles hiding behind the vale of Rome.
Man that last sentence is pretty harsh, dont you think? I grew up in a Catholic family and I can honestly say I was NEVER sexually abused by family or anyone in the church, though it DOES happen it's biased to throw all Catholics into your hate pile. I dont do religious arguing, it's not productive and it reeks of hate. Just though I'd let ya know theres at least one person who was NOT effected by any pedophiles so your statement is false.
Love?

Old 10-17-2007, 10:29 AM

413 posts, read 1,845,655 times
Quote:
That guy is an idiot and I am not in any way affiliated with him or know or approve of anything he has said.I was only looking for general information.I believe we may move to Florida but am still gathering information.I am dissapointed to see so many living on the streets with no where to go in the LA area.You would think the state could find a way to help.
Now this last sentence raises a point. I think the homeless rate is so high because many mentally ill people dont receive the treatment they need, not to say ALL homeless people are mentally ill though. Some go to L.A. to get "rich and famous" and end up in drugs etc and find themselves homeless. Thats one thing people need to realize, living in L.A. will not make you a star. I've had people ask me "why are you moving there, you think your gonna be famous or somethin?" Hells no!!! Dont wanna be either, but to not be homeless and be able to work hard and play hard 365 days a year, thats appealing apposed to ice, snow, rednecks and nascar. Dogood- I'd say stick with Florida. Jacksonville has alot of religious people compared to L.A.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:46 PM

34 posts, read 105,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakehorror View Post
Man that last sentence is pretty harsh, dont you think? I grew up in a Catholic family and I can honestly say I was NEVER sexually abused by family or anyone in the church, though it DOES happen it's biased to throw all Catholics into your hate pile. I dont do religious arguing, it's not productive and it reeks of hate. Just though I'd let ya know theres at least one person who was NOT effected by any pedophiles so your statement is false.
Love?

I agree cathollic faith has alot of pedophiles and the church has protected the bad priests over the years.It must go high up into the vatican.I do not think you hate catholics but maybe are trying to convert them?

Old 10-17-2007, 02:49 PM

34 posts, read 105,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakehorror View Post
Now this last sentence raises a point. I think the homeless rate is so high because many mentally ill people dont receive the treatment they need, not to say ALL homeless people are mentally ill though. Some go to L.A. to get "rich and famous" and end up in drugs etc and find themselves homeless. Thats one thing people need to realize, living in L.A. will not make you a star. I've had people ask me "why are you moving there, you think your gonna be famous or somethin?" Hells no!!! Dont wanna be either, but to not be homeless and be able to work hard and play hard 365 days a year, thats appealing apposed to ice, snow, rednecks and nascar. Dogood- I'd say stick with Florida. Jacksonville has alot of religious people compared to L.A.

Hey rev if it was me I would consider LA.The worst thing is the housing is very expensive but after you solve that problem (and being a lawyer and a prosperity preacher it probably will not take a long time) LA is a pretty nice place.There is a lot of variety of things lots of good food.There is huge diversity of people and some may not like to hear your religous view but there will probably be others that do.You also would be in a huge TV market so you might be bigger than that Osteen guy someday.We have earthquakes but Florida has hurricanes and jobs do not pay as well in most professions.Also there is alot of opportunity for people willing to work hard and take advantage intstead of waiting for a handout.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:23 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,449,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificKamikaze View Post
You also would be in a huge TV market so you might be bigger than that Osteen guy someday.
Not necessarily. The key to success is to spread your message as far and wide as possible. Keeping it to L.A. would be a big mistake. Do you think Chuck Scarborough is well-known outside of New York? Matt Lauer is more well-known because he works on the network's Today show, which is broadcast nationwide from New York.

L.A. might be too worldly because of it's fine stores, restaurants, and entertainment. This city might corrupt him or pose a great temptation.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:18 AM

2 posts, read 3,944 times
Default So much for christianity

Quote:
sorry to say I do not know confederateghost.he sounds like a good guy I believe he may be a nice person.It seems as though anyone who chooses to live by the bible these days is labeled as intollerant.If you do not accept the popular cultural views than you are the one there is something wrong with.I am here to say thats not true.Ministers in the 80's were not prosperity teachers.That was jim baker and jimmy swaggert.Jimmy swaggert and jim baker are both good men who were tripped up by the persuit of money.That happens to alot of people in life just like people who stumble with drugs,sex,alcoholism,etc.I have been told that secularism is common in the state of California.I do not think that holds well for the future of the area when we forget God he will forget about his divine protection of America.I am not sure if we will accept the offer of Los Angeles or Florida.LA is a very catholic city because of the huge number of mexican families.Catholicism is nothing but a group of pedophiles hiding behind the vale of Rome.
If catholics are all pedophiles, and Reverends are all ambitious, money loving bible thumpers then what does that say about Chrisianity? ... i suggest you humble you words and start to question your career choice. I for one believe in God, but do not wish to be represented by ignorant men like yourself, "reverend". You are pointing fingers and giving a bad representation of people who are governed by a good book which states that love is patient and kind, tolerates all things... maybe you have not completed your studies...

Old 10-18-2007, 06:06 PM

4 posts, read 20,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveisJesuschrist View Post
If catholics are all pedophiles, and Reverends are all ambitious, money loving bible thumpers then what does that say about Chrisianity? ... i suggest you humble you words and start to question your career choice. I for one believe in God, but do not wish to be represented by ignorant men like yourself, "reverend". You are pointing fingers and giving a bad representation of people who are governed by a good book which states that love is patient and kind, tolerates all things... maybe you have not completed your studies...

To me he sounds smarter than you do. You are assuming things about someone you do not know. I did not get he is greedy from the posts. The bible is not at all tolerant as a matter of fact If you have ever read it (I have)I would say it is one of the most intollerant books of all time. It basically says believe as I do are you are going to burn in a lake of fire for eternity. You do not have to have any qualifications to call yourself a minister anyone can join the church of universal life and be a minister within minutes. Patient and kind may describe Jesus but not the old testament. Maybe you did not read that part?

Old 10-18-2007, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Not necessarily. The key to success is to spread your message as far and wide as possible. Keeping it to L.A. would be a big mistake. Do you think Chuck Scarborough is well-known outside of New York? Matt Lauer is more well-known because he works on the network's Today show, which is broadcast nationwide from New York.

L.A. might be too worldly because of it's fine stores, restaurants, and entertainment. This city might corrupt him or pose a great temptation.

Joel Osteen has made his name be selling books and expanding outside of the Houston market. LA is a very Catholic city because of the number of latinos but evangelism started here way back in the 20's with a lady named amy mcpherson.The tv evangelists and radio evangelists have a long history in this area of the country.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:10 PM

Does anyone else think that religion has became a product in our time that is marketed and sold to the masses.I bet some of the ministers like Osteen and Rick Warren (who is based in Orange County) rake in millions.I wonder how much of it goes into their hot tubs and ferraris.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles