Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 06:30 PM

20 posts, read 88,066 times

Advertisements

Its an age old story. They just don't like themselves very much and have to find someone or some thing to put down to make themselves feel better. There is probably some personal reason why they "hate" LA, i.e., got rejected by a guy/girl who was from LA, didn't get a job offer in LA, or got fired from that job in LA, or their ex mother-in-law lives near LA, etc. Making blanket generalizations about millions of people makes them a rotten human being; but, they already know that, hence why they don't like themselves very much.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:19 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,114,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChIoe View Post
Its an age old story. They just don't like themselves very much and have to find someone or some thing to put down to make themselves feel better. There is probably some personal reason why they "hate" LA, i.e., got rejected by a guy/girl who was from LA, didn't get a job offer in LA, or got fired from that job in LA, or their ex mother-in-law lives near LA, etc. Making blanket generalizations about millions of people makes them a rotten human being; but, they already know that, hence why they don't like themselves very much.
LA does have some real problems though that can ruin an entire experience.
Only haters that I say have some real issues are folks from San Francisco, but we hate them too. When the big collapse comes, expect an "angry birds" scenario between the 2 cities. F*k the Giants BTW..

Old 01-18-2013, 01:19 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,298,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
The city of LA itself doesn't have a lot of chains. Still plenty of them but I'd say the food scene is mostly dominated by local businesses.
Theres some chains in LA that are unique to this city, snd mostly found in So Cal.
In and Out
Fatburger
Norms
Yoshinoya
King Taco
El Pollo Loco
Carls Jr/Green Burrito

But the bombest part about LA is lack of generic chains like Olive Garden, Texas Steakhouse, Buffalo Wild Wings etc in the main city of LA. I love the diverse food options and fusions(Kogi Tacos, Carne
Asada Fries)

Old 01-18-2013, 01:27 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,635,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
LA does have some real problems though that can ruin an entire experience.
Only haters that I say have some real issues are folks from San Francisco, but we hate them too. When the big collapse comes, expect an "angry birds" scenario between the 2 cities. F*k the Giants BTW..
Every city does, but truth be told, I never really thought much of SF'ers until the last couple years when I noticed they are always hating on LA...but I love the city itself and I'm a Niners fan so, I say let them hate, we show love here. That'll heap hot coals on their heads anyway.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:44 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,775,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcat View Post
Theres some chains in LA that are unique to this city, snd mostly found in So Cal.
In and Out
Fatburger
Norms
Yoshinoya
King Taco
El Pollo Loco
Carls Jr/Green Burrito

But the bombest part about LA is lack of generic chains like Olive Garden, Texas Steakhouse, Buffalo Wild Wings etc in the main city of LA. I love the diverse food options and fusions(Kogi Tacos, Carne
Asada Fries)
El Pollo Loco and Carls Jr/Green Burrito are not unique to LA. They are all over the United States. In-N-Out are located all over California, Nevada, and Arizona. Fatburger has locations all over the world.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:59 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,775,888 times
I don't buy this San Francisco vs Los Angeles hate thing. We don't hate either one. In fact we love the San Francisco Bay area having lived there for many years but we also love San Diego and parts of LA having also lived there. Each place is unique and has their positives and negatives. We have lived in several states, as well as Mexico, Venezuela, and Canada. I don't really hate anywhere though there are places that I definitely like better than others.

I also don't buy this constant comparing of cities or locales. It is interesting and informational to a point but after awhile it just gets repetitive. I found that people that post the hateful posts have personal issues and wouldn't be happy anywhere. There are others that are insecure about where they live so are trying to satisfy their insecurities.

I strongly believe in living where you are happiest. If you are happy with where you live then who cares what somebody else thinks about it. It you aren't happy with where you live then move.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:04 PM

252 posts, read 519,099 times
I m from the Los Angeles Metro Area i guess , (Topanga ) even though i don't actually live in the city. I don't relate to the a lot of the yuppie hollywood culture in a los angeles particularly in my area where i live which has become a suburb of West Los Angeles. i think that turns it off a lot a people that are not into the yuppie culture of the yoga ,excessive plastic surgery, sushi , wine bars , fancy cars foreign cars , metro sexual fashions obsession with celebrities etc. and i understand that because i that think its lame and always have... People tend to believe that all of los angeles is shallow and materialistic and while some of it is , yes , alot of it is not .

Last edited by 7stringguitarguy; 01-18-2013 at 02:18 PM..

Old 01-18-2013, 02:25 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,856,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stringguitarguy View Post
I m from the Los Angeles Metro Area i guess , (Topanga ) even though i don't actually live in the city. I don't relate to the a lot of the yuppie hollywood culture in a los angeles particularly in my area where i live which has become a suburb of West Los Angeles. i think that turns it off a lot a people that are not into the yuppie culture of the yoga ,excessive plastic surgery, sushi , wine bars , fancy cars foreign cars , metro sexual fashions obsession with celebrities etc. and i understand that because i that think its lame and always have... People tend to believe that all of los angeles is shallow and materialistic and while some of it is , yes , alot of it is not .
Believe it or not we aren't all like that down here

In fact the vast majority of us aren't. Okay I re-read it and you basically said that. But overall I've found it not hard to find genuine, down-to-earth regular people. I think you run into those people more when you are trying to make it in the "biz".

Old 01-18-2013, 02:49 PM

252 posts, read 519,099 times
yah , i know i have met some rad people in LA for sure that are really down to earth.. i even met people that are in the "biz" too that are cool and i m not in the movies or anything like that . Im just not into the the urban environment too much its not my thing but i have friends that are into it. Their dream is live on Montana Blvd in Santa Monica. I would like to is to live in San Bernardino mountains or continue to live in the santa monica mountains but its really expensive . i like seeing the coyotes and the deer and whatnot, But living in the city does have its charms though if live in good area thats close to things..

Last edited by 7stringguitarguy; 01-18-2013 at 02:57 PM..

Old 01-18-2013, 05:22 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,635,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
Believe it or not we aren't all like that down here

In fact the vast majority of us aren't. Okay I re-read it and you basically said that. But overall I've found it not hard to find genuine, down-to-earth regular people. I think you run into those people more when you are trying to make it in the "biz".
yup...I'd say the avg. LA person isn't like that. There are certain areas of the city in which a walk down the street is going to have you run into some obnoxious porsche driving dude or some neurotic plastic queen but generally Hollywood gives LA that branding and people tend to project that on the whole city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles