Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 01:38 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
Get tested for disease. The sputum on your jacket may be infested with Hiv/TB/ or dozens of other diseases.
In addition to my concealed weapon I carry a small squeeze bottle loaded with pepper juice spray from a jar of the HOTTEST peppers I can find. My personal preference is a small yellow pepper I get at a local Oriental foods market. I juice it in my food processor, strain it through a screen and add it to grain alcohol and a bright purple dye. This mixture not only incapacitates an attacker but it marks them for later identification. This mixture will not blind/kill an attacker but they will wish they were dead for a few minutes. It took a week for the purple stain to get off of my hands when I accidentally spilled some of the dye on my hands while mixing a batch of this brew.

A deadly weapon is a LAST RESORT. A simple device like my squeeze bottle allows a response that can be defended legally much easier than using deadly force.
GL2
How did you get a CCW permit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1425 View Post
I rolled down the passenger window to listen to him and explain what I meant, but he started with his silly rap style and started cussing me.
Was he one of those people who look like a rapper/gangster wannabe type?

Old 01-14-2013, 05:38 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,866,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
How did you get a CCW permit?
I'm not sure if this is a serious question or an attempt to be a wise ass, you tell me.
However if it is serious FYI I live in Nebraska. Nebraska MUST issue a CCW to any applicant that passes the checks. It is much easier to get the permits here in Nebraska than it is in California. Open carry is legal in Nebraska but I prefer to carry concealed. I worked in Corrections for ten years and several of the inmates that threatened me are now on the street (life don't mean life in Nebraska).

If your inquiry is actually serious and you really want to know how to get a CCW permit in California a good place to research that information would be on the NRA/ILA website.

GL2

Old 01-14-2013, 06:50 AM

5 posts, read 12,774 times
Quote:
Was he one of those people who look like a rapper/gangster wannabe type?
Seemed like it. Well he did not have any tattoos but he started with 'Yo', pointing three fingers of each hand down and then it was all "You f$#@ing with me ? with me ?". He also did a fist to fist with some friend of his walking on the road after he drove away.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure if this is a serious question or an attempt to be a wise ass, you tell me.
However if it is serious FYI I live in Nebraska. Nebraska MUST issue a CCW to any applicant that passes the checks. It is much easier to get the permits here in Nebraska than it is in California. Open carry is legal in Nebraska but I prefer to carry concealed. I worked in Corrections for ten years and several of the inmates that threatened me are now on the street (life don't mean life in Nebraska).

If your inquiry is actually serious and you really want to know how to get a CCW permit in California a good place to research that information would be on the NRA/ILA website.

GL2
No, I'm not being a "wise ass" -- I didn't notice you live in Nebraska. The reason I asked was that it is very difficult to get CCW here unless you're a LEO, a judge, a politician, a celebrity, or somebody who has friends on the inside.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1425 View Post
Seemed like it. Well he did not have any tattoos but he started with 'Yo', pointing three fingers of each hand down and then it was all "You f$#@ing with me ? with me ?". He also did a fist to fist with some friend of his walking on the road after he drove away.
I know the type. Indeed, it's a good idea to avoid those people altogether. You cannot rationalize with them -- they're more interested in being perceived as correct rather than what's actually true. I just avoid contact with them altogether -- I never honk at them, make unnecessary eye contact with them, etc. You just cannot win with those people.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:43 PM

33 posts, read 66,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
I bet he was from Pomona.
Lol

Old 01-15-2013, 12:19 AM

1,607 posts, read 1,944,895 times
Quote:
No, I'm not being a "wise ass" -- I didn't notice you live in Nebraska. The reason I asked was that it is very difficult to get CCW here unless you're a LEO, a judge, a politician, a celebrity, or somebody who has friends on the inside.
Or you live in a county that grants permits, such as San Bernardino and Riverside, to name a few.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:12 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,599,484 times
Quote:

GL2
actually, calguns.net would be the best place to read, for CA specific information.

Quote:
In most of socal, yes. There are, however, parts of CA, where carry permits are issued without much fuss. Sworn Peace Officers in CA would never need a CCW.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:33 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,866,892 times
For those of you that live in States/Cities/Counties where Second Amendment rights are ignored the first official that needs to be replaced is the County Sheriff. A County Sheriff has MORE authority in his County than any State or Federal official. Remember that in the next election.
GL2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles