Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 11:05 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,548,321 times

Advertisements

Strangely enough, most of us couldn't care less what people in other parts of the country think of L.A. It's fascinating to see how some people think their opinion is the only one worth reading about or responding to.

I like living here. That's all that matters to me; I don't need to justify or defend how I feel. This is my home. It always has been, and I hope to live here forever.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:09 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,561,445 times
On a totally unrelated note, my cat just missed the catbox. Badly. He then tried to kinda fling it into the sand, but instead he just lodged it in his ear.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:15 PM

5,978 posts, read 13,118,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityKing View Post
Everyone wants to talk but when the truth comes out everyone wants to cover there ears out of pure denial.

I am yet to get a post rebutting all the the points I made up above. I will leave, but that's at the expense of everybodys ignorance

I made my points, and made them solidly, nobody had anything solid to counter, Case closed.
But what you are basically doing is putting down everyone who loves LA as being ignorant and stupid. Its simple preference. But no, you are pushing it on us, you're forcing your views on us.

Are we saying LA is the be all and end all? No. If you rephrased your views in a way that emphasized that these are all just opinions and preferences then we can accept that.

Many of us have lived in many other places, and we just prefer LA over other cities. But no, your shoving this down our throat like someone force feeding a goose to make foie gras. All of you are ignorant dumbass retards for liking LA more than other cities. Thats basically what you're saying.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:32 PM

696 posts, read 1,170,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
But what you are basically doing is putting down everyone who loves LA as being ignorant and stupid. Its simple preference. But no, you are pushing it on us, you're forcing your views on us.

Are we saying LA is the be all and end all? No. If you rephrased your views in a way that emphasized that these are all just opinions and preferences then we can accept that.

Many of us have lived in many other places, and we just prefer LA over other cities. But no, your shoving this down our throat like someone force feeding a goose to make foie gras. All of you are ignorant dumbass retards for liking LA more than other cities. Thats basically what you're saying.
If you go back and read the posts, the guy I was replying to was clearly asking for it, I delivered and told him how it is, than from there all I see are people getting there panties in a bunch just for speaking the truth. I am yet to see a reply from the guy my post was directed towards, and since then all I have seen people here is cover the ears our of pure denial and try and dodge any intelligent replies back rebutting.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:34 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,853,364 times
Quote:
Everyone wants to talk but when the truth comes out everyone wants to cover there ears out of pure denial.

I am yet to get a post rebutting all the the points I made up above. I will leave, but that's at the expense of everybodys ignorance

I made my points, and made them solidly, nobody had anything solid to counter, Case closed.
Well one example is how you said LA is mostly garden style suburban apartments and that explains its density. I asked for just one example a couple times and.... still haven't seen one.

It is achingly obvious you don't know what you are talking about. Miami more urban, walkable, transit friendly than Los Angeles?

Old 01-14-2013, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
Well one example is how you said LA is mostly garden style suburban apartments
I don't recall ever saying "LA is mostly garden style suburban apartments"

Quote:
Miami more urban, walkable, transit friendly than Los Angeles?
Yes

Old 01-14-2013, 11:50 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,853,364 times
Quote:
I don't recall ever saying "LA is mostly garden style suburban apartments"

Yes
I confused you with a different (yet very similar) poster. My bad.

Sounds like you don't know Los Angeles or know anything about it. Too bad for you glad you enjoy Miami.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:56 PM

810 posts, read 1,342,106 times
Quote:
Miami is a small city? Downtown Miami including Brickell has 27,487 people sq mi with a population of 77k+ (source :Downtown Miami - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and is one of the fastest growing urban places in the NATION. How exactly does that spell out small city? I live in downtown Miami currently, and it is ALWAYS fast paced living here, people are always on the go, and they are rapidly developing the area more and more as the days pass, how exactly that spells out slow paced boggles me. A slow paced small city would be more like San Diego or Portland, but to say that about Miami ?
Miami itself is 400k. It's a small city with a large metro, although the metro itself is long & narrow (makes it unique), because of the Everglades. Miami may actually feel more fast-paced than it really is because of all the New Yorkers there.

These petty competitions remind me of when Des Moines & Omaha start arguing about which one has more Starbucks or Jimmy John's.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:05 AM

Quote:
I confused you with a different (yet very similar) poster. My bad.

Quote:
Sounds like you don't know Los Angeles or know anything about it.
Riight...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancedout View Post
Miami itself is 400k. It's a small city with a large metro
Considering the population per square, Miami where I live downtown, I do not consider it small at all.

400k only seems small when the city itself is only 36 sq miles, but remember it's dense population.

Just like with San Diego, it may seem like a big city population wise but that is not true, considering

the city of San Diego starts from the border of Mexico to about the distance of Orange County,

Yet SD feels incredibly "small town" for it's population. Same way Miami feels big city.

It's not always about population, but more so about population per sq mile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancedout View Post
Miami may actually feel more fast-paced than it really is because of all the New Yorkers there.
So you went from calling Miami a slow paced city , to then saying it may feel fast paced because of NY'ers

Old 01-15-2013, 01:02 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times
Quote:

Riight...........

Considering the population per square, Miami where I live downtown, I do not consider it small at all.

400k only seems small when the city itself is only 36 sq miles, but remember it's dense population.

Just like with San Diego, it may seem like a big city population wise but that is not true, considering

the city of San Diego starts from the border of Mexico to about the distance of Orange County,

Yet SD feels incredibly "small town" for it's population. Same way Miami feels big city.

It's not always about population, but more so about population per sq mile.

So you went from calling Miami a slow paced city , to then saying it may feel fast paced because of NY'ers
If you're trying to argue that Miami is an urban enviroment (and L.A. is not) do yourself a HUGE favor--do NOT bring up population density to make your case. Trust me, it will end badly for you. Stick to subjective crap and stay away from facts. Others have learned this lesson the hard way. You've been warned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles