Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2013, 09:56 PM

810 posts, read 1,342,337 times

Advertisements

Well, I had found a roommate in Studio City. He owned a house with a room that had private entrance, private bathroom, and he seemed pretty cool from talking to him. For $750.

Anyways, I was planning on moving the 1st of February there, then he calls me a few days ago and tells me he had to rent the place out to a close friend, something came up, etc.

I had not paid him yet, so it wasn't a huge deal or anything.

Anyways, it's very difficult to find a place with a private bathroom I've noticed, it's also very difficult for a guy to find a roommate (about 1/3 of the ads specify "female only"), then you have all these "sober living" halfway house situation ads on craigslist. Then you have gay men who obviously prefer a gay roommate. There's a lot of controlling people as well, stuff like "1/2 of the fridge will be yours and we will respect our sides, no overnight guests, no music past 9pm". I just don't think the roommate thing is a good idea unless it fits my criteria of private bathroom/entrance and need something small, soon, then after I find a job I'll find something more permanent.

Is there a website that has short-term (3-6 months) studios or efficiencies for 800-900? I've looked EVERYWHERE. You'd think there has to be something besides Westsiderentals.com which seems overrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles