Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 08:02 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,278,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjy View Post
I am not offended.

I just want to see if you actually know what you are talking about.

Why don't you name one street and explain why it's bad.

The area around Route 66 from Grand to Glendora Ave. The times I've been there, saw a few "homies," graffiti, trailer parks, cheap motels, and possibly prostitutes. Those things don't appeal to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 08:27 PM

1,714 posts, read 3,851,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
The area around Route 66 from Grand to Glendora Ave. The times I've been there, saw a few "homies," graffiti, trailer parks, cheap motels, and possibly prostitutes. Those things don't appeal to me.
What homies and graffiti? Glendora is one of the few LA County cities without any documented gang. There are no Latino gangsters roaming around.

Motels and trailer parks are just that--and they have been there for decades.

Prostitutes? Glendora police would never let that fly, especially on R66.

Just because what you think saw is unappealing, that doesn't mean the area is unsafe or bad.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:34 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,278,033 times
Quote:
What homies and graffiti? Glendora is one of the few LA County cities without any documented gang. There are no Latino gangsters roaming around.

Motels and trailer parks are just that--and they have been there for decades.

Prostitutes? Glendora police would never let that fly, especially on R66.

Just because what you think saw is unappealing, that doesn't mean the area is unsafe or bad.
Who said Latino gang members? Gang members can be any race. There doesn't have to be an established gang in the city. They can roam wherever they want to.

Motels and trailer parks don't appeal to me.

Who knows if they were prostitutes. YOu sure don't. You weren't there.

I saw what I saw. If you don't like it, too bad. In my view, Glendora has bad areas. Deal with it.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:01 PM

23,528 posts, read 24,011,889 times
Knew friends that lived in Glendora when I lived n Southern California. Generally, a very nice, family oriented area. My friends lived north of Foothill Blvd, which, according to them, is a very nice part of Glendora.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
Knew friends that lived in Glendora when I lived n Southern California. Generally, a very nice, family oriented area. My friends lived north of Foothill Blvd, which, according to them, is a very nice part of Glendora.
The price range north of Foothill Blvd is about $400k-$800k. $350k might be enough, though.

A bit more north near Sierra Madre Ave and it's million-dollar territory.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Who said Latino gang members? Gang members can be any race. There doesn't have to be an established gang in the city. They can roam wherever they want to.

I saw what I saw. If you don't like it, too bad. In my view, Glendora has bad areas. Deal with it.

You don't know anything about Glendora. You are contributing nothing to this thread.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:24 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,084,924 times
Quote:

You said, "homies." That implies Hispanic.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:50 AM

26,723 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
The price range north of Foothill Blvd is about $400k-$800k. $350k might be enough, though.
A friend who's a realtor just sold a home in south Glendora for $379,000. It's in a so-so neighborhood but had a lot of upgrades (kitchen, floors). I agree with Jay, though, that all cities have neighborhoods that are, for lack of a better word, sliding. One will find them anywhere, from Pasadena to San Gabriel to Covina to Claremont (and obviously, all over L.A.) The OP needs to be careful to look at the neighborhood itself and not just the house.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
A friend who's a realtor just sold a home in south Glendora for $379,000. It's in a so-so neighborhood but had a lot of upgrades (kitchen, floors). I agree with Jay, though, that all cities have neighborhoods that are, for lack of a better word, sliding. One will find them anywhere, from Pasadena to San Gabriel to Covina to Claremont (and obviously, all over L.A.) The OP needs to be careful to look at the neighborhood itself and not just the house.
Houses in south Glendora tend to be Post-War houses built in the 50s-60s, so they are less sought-after than the older houses on the hills.

While some of these houses and streets aren't as aesthetically appealing as the north side of town's, they really are safe. There is no street in Glendora where one would claim having constant gang or violence or griffiti problems.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:28 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
It really depends on the neighborhood within a city. Glendora has nice neighborhoods and it has bad ones. Try Monrovia too.
Monrovia would be a good place to look, especially considering the Op is willing to look in parts of El Monte. As for Glendora, Op, Glendora is a wonderful city with great schools if you get into the right area. Stay north of the 210 freeway.. I know you are single with on kids, but schools need to be considered from a resale point. As for staying under $350 I don't know. If you are willing to look a smaller, older homes, near the downtown part of Glendora it should be doable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles