Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 04:59 PM

919 posts, read 1,782,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
Tinfoil hats back in fashion, eh?
Only for those that need them. Your head's too small to have anything to worry about there Sparky....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 05:22 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,627,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loloroj View Post
Only for those that need them. Your head's too small to have anything to worry about there Sparky....
I'm very well aware of the internal ongoings within LAPD and I'd bet $1000 that I know more about LAPD corruption in general, and on the Rampart scandal in particular than you do. In fact, I still find it hillarious when I inform people of all the corruption that has gone on with LAPD in the past 15 years or so and they are amazed(like theyve never heard of cops killing people to steal drugs(Ruben Palomares, William Ferguson), raping(Joseph Robinson, etc).

Thats not the issue here...in this direct incident and in fact has zero to do with the current incident. What does have merit and value is the direct words of Christopher Dorner....stuff like about how other officers sang Nazi songs, cops dropping the N word, all the accusations against officers of various ethnic backgrounds and sexual orientations.....

That stuff does not happen in real life. Everyone knows to avoid it. LAPD is majority female or minority...I believe at this point caucasian males are less than 1/3 of the officers in the department. Women, latino, black, and asian officers hold positions all the way up to assistant chief, and LAPD has had two black chiefs. Not that isolated incidents don't occur, but the way Dorner presents it is entirely laughable.

What it does reflect is that Christopher Dorner is an individual in whom mental illness has manifested in an unfortunate way. I'm inclined to believe it may be a PTSD issue, but really can't be sure at this point.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:34 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,634,135 times
Quote:
What it does reflect is that Christopher Dorner is an individual in whom mental illness has manifested in an unfortunate way.
It's a bit ironic, though, that one of Dorner's claims in his manifesto is:

Quote:
Citizens/non-combatants, do not render medical aid to downed officers/enemy combatants. They would not do the same for you. They will let you bleed out just so they can brag to other officers that they had a 187 caper the other day and can’t wait to accrue the overtime in future court subpoenas. As they always say, “that’s the paramedics job…not mine”
Then that very night, officers shot two innocent newspaper delivery women from behind as they sat in a truck that didn't even match the make or model of the suspect's vehicle, and shot at (but fortunately missed) a third man in another area. The LA Times has a photo of the unfortunate truck:

Women delivering newspapers in Torrance shot in manhunt for ex-cop

Remember that old saying - he might be crazy, but he's no loon? Hmmm...

Old 02-07-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
It's a bit ironic, though, that one of Dorner's claims in his manifesto is:

Then that very night, officers shot two innocent newspaper delivery women from behind as they sat in a truck that didn't even match the make or model of the suspect's vehicle, and shot at (but fortunately missed) a third man in another area. The LA Times has a photo of the unfortunate truck:

Women delivering newspapers in Torrance shot in manhunt for ex-cop

Remember that old saying - he might be crazy, but he's no loon? Hmmm...
You really can't judge the situation without knowing all the facts.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:41 PM

919 posts, read 1,782,253 times
Quote:
I'm very well aware of the internal ongoings within LAPD and I'd bet $1000 that I know more about LAPD corruption in general, and on the Rampart scandal in particular than you do. In fact, I still find it hillarious when I inform people of all the corruption that has gone on with LAPD in the past 15 years or so and they are amazed(like theyve never heard of cops killing people to steal drugs(Ruben Palomares, William Ferguson), raping(Joseph Robinson, etc).

Thats not the issue here...in this direct incident and in fact has zero to do with the current incident. What does have merit and value is the direct words of Christopher Dorner....stuff like about how other officers sang Nazi songs, cops dropping the N word, all the accusations against officers of various ethnic backgrounds and sexual orientations.....

That stuff does not happen in real life. Everyone knows to avoid it. LAPD is majority female or minority...I believe at this point caucasian males are less than 1/3 of the officers in the department. Women, latino, black, and asian officers hold positions all the way up to assistant chief, and LAPD has had two black chiefs. Not that isolated incidents don't occur, but the way Dorner presents it is entirely laughable.

What it does reflect is that Christopher Dorner is an individual in whom mental illness has manifested in an unfortunate way. I'm inclined to believe it may be a PTSD issue, but really can't be sure at this point.
Uh, no, you don't have a clue of what it is this man is talking about because the original writings have been edited, or at least that is what we've been told. And none of what you posted has to do with what has taken place with LAPD over the decades. You have no clue as to who Dorner is or what his problems may be, yours is pure speculation. Please don't try "I know more about LEO culture than you" BS. You have no idea of who I am nor my family.

Again, folks disregard anything else, get a context of what may be going on by looking at the overall history of the outfit, beginning with Rampart and go on from there. A cop killing a cop isn't simply a PTSD episode. Something else is going on, despite what a troll like this guy may claim. Just do your own investigation....

Old 02-07-2013, 05:49 PM

1,369 posts, read 3,309,883 times
Quote:
You really can't judge the situation without knowing all the facts.
One thing seems fairly certain: this act will cost taxpayers a lot of money.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:59 PM

378 posts, read 760,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genjy View Post
How silly of me. Of course the dude will be shot to death by the police. I presumed that law enforcement officers were out enforcing the laws and not acting as executioners.

The two-dozen bullet holes on the newspaper truck say it all. That dude is already guilty and will be executed without due process.
The dude already murdered the daughter and future SIL of one of the officers mentioned in the manifesto, and promised to murder the children of all the others. He's killed one police officer and injured others. He's already proven he's not looking to negotiate.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loloroj View Post
Uh, no, you don't have a clue of what it is this man is talking about because the original writings have been edited, or at least that is what we've been told. And none of what you posted has to do with what has taken place with LAPD over the decades. You have no clue as to who Dorner is or what his problems may be, yours is pure speculation. Please don't try "I know more about LEO culture than you" BS. You have no idea of who I am nor my family.

Again, folks disregard anything else, get a context of what may be going on by looking at the overall history of the outfit, beginning with Rampart and go on from there. A cop killing a cop isn't simply a PTSD episode. Something else is going on, despite what a troll like this guy may claim. Just do your own investigation....
1.) I know that Christopher Dorner killed a cop unrelated to anything he was previously involved in. I know he also killed two totally innocent people(the two he killed in Irvine on Sunday

2.) I know his complete uncensored manifesto was posted earlier in this thread and I know I read it in entirety.

3.) I know you post conspiracy theories as fact and justify it with amazingly logical and fact based statements such as: "A cop killing a cop isn't simply a PTSD episode".

4.) I also know you also justify your theories with amazing strong evidence such as "Just do your own investigation".

Old 02-07-2013, 06:56 PM

8,549 posts, read 10,973,619 times
My take on all this?
I don't believe they will find him until spring, after the snow melts.
Obviously he isn't going to let law enforcement have the pleasure of killing him because of his hatred for LAPD.
He(if he hasn't already), will take his own life with a bullet to the head.
He won't allow the police to shoot him because doing that, they win.
He will be found in the spring after the snow melts.
Bob.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:16 PM

1,786 posts, read 6,898,900 times
Calguy, I disagree. I think he would be more than happy if law enforcement took him out, which they will. Wearing my couch psychologist hat, he would figure that further proves his conspiracy mindset. He wants to make a statement. Let's hope that his statement is focused on his alleged target audience and not the general public. With that said, I read the complete manifesto and I don't think it sounds like the ramblings of a mad man. I absolutely abhor what he is doing. And I think his writings WILL drive the media, for good or bad, to dig deeper into the incidents that he rants about. I just hope they take him out sooner than later. But I don't think he'll be going to court over this, in any event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles