Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2013, 05:52 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,303,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
LA Times just confirmed identity or burned corpse. It was him.
yay! I'm no cop lover, but I'll cheers to that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 05:53 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
So a killer that targets hookers because he once got syphilis isn't insane...simply because he singled out hookers?
Well, they probably went insane from untreated syphilis...

Old 02-15-2013, 07:18 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,129,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
He wouldn't face his trial, possible death penalty or life without parole.
HAHAHAHAHA

He carried out his own death sentence.

How is that ANY more cowardly than facing a trial?

You'd think people would be happy he saved the court's and taxpayer's time and money.

As to cowardly, most Americans know jack diddly about cowardice or honor.

In fact, in every society that was built around honor, when one disgraced himself, whether through deed or thought, they committed suicide.

The last honor based society even to exist, the Japanese, practiced ritual suicide on a rather large scale.

The way honor works is that when one dishonors themselves, as Dorner seems to have done, you end your life. By committing said act, you set the balance right and afterward you do not speak ill of the dead person. Another tradition based on honor that Americans seem to have forgotten but that's the price in living in a society where honor holds no meaning...

Last edited by AnonymouseX; 02-15-2013 at 07:27 AM..

Old 02-15-2013, 08:43 AM

2,518 posts, read 4,009,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
You dont think the victims are going to sue and win big money?
Terrible PR, which the PD will have to deal with for quite some time.
This whole thing will cause some action, not enough for everyone, but the lapd isnt there to appease you and me.
Maybe they will win money, but is that enough for nearly being murdered? What about the cops? Terrible PR doesn't seem to fit the crime of "attempted murder". They should do prison terms for their trigger fingers. They've pretty much proven Dorner right with the way they reacted. When you fire off 30 shots without validating who the target is, you're not looking to take someone in for "questioning", they pretty much decided his fate street justice style. Luckily they aren't nearly as good shots as Dorner was or we would have two innocent women gunned down needlessly by LAPD thugs.

The LAPD isn't there to APPEASE, they are there to "protect and serve". Getting 30+ bullets fired at you doesn't seem to fit that creed.

btw, I'm no Dorner supporter, and killing innocent people automatically puts you on the wrong side of any argument or debate, but he was proven right. The LAPD is corrupt, and a bunch of thugs. Their conduct was horrible during this manhunt. A perfectly executed, premeditated, plan to burn Dorner alive was the icing on the cake.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:35 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,588,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGoldstein View Post
btw, I'm no Dorner supporter, and killing innocent people automatically puts you on the wrong side of any argument or debate, but he was proven right. The LAPD is corrupt, and a bunch of thugs. Their conduct was horrible during this manhunt. A perfectly executed, premeditated, plan to burn Dorner alive was the icing on the cake.
You do realize that the LAPD did not execute the final raid on that cabin, right?

Old 02-15-2013, 09:47 AM

8,301 posts, read 13,434,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGoldstein View Post
The LAPD isn't there to APPEASE, they are there to "protect and serve". Getting 30+ bullets fired at you doesn't seem to fit that creed.

I have to agree. LAPD seems like a very ill-organized and ill-mannered private security company that is in it as a business and to protect their own interest before anything else.

I am glad this is over, mainly because of all the innocent, unrelated people who had suffered because of what LAPD had done as much as what Dorner had.

You know something is messed up with the police force when people start to fear/hate the police as much as the criminals.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:09 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,487,576 times
so now who will play Dorner in the movie?

Old 02-15-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
I have to agree. LAPD seems like a very ill-organized and ill-mannered private security company that is in it as a business and to protect their own interest before anything else.

I am glad this is over, mainly because of all the innocent, unrelated people who had suffered because of what LAPD had done as much as what Dorner had.

You know something is messed up with the police force when people start to fear/hate the police as much as the criminals.
Exactly. Did anyone's trust increase for the LAPD after this massive manhunt? I don't think so, in fact "The Onion" had a hilarious article about the LAPD after they found Dorner's BBQ'd body:
Los Angeles On High Alert As LAPD Back On Regular Duty | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

I know it's satircal, but satire doesn't often come from nowhere.

The fact that Dorner's fan pages gathered 50,000 fans altogether shows that the LAPD just isn't a trusted organization right now, and then they unload clips of bullets at two innocent women, it just makes the situation worse.

p.s - I nearly wept hearing Michael Crain's wife speak about her husband. Dorner had legitimate beefs, but he should not have killed innocent people in his quest to change things.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:34 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
"I lived a good life and though not a religious man I always stuck to my own personal code of ethics, ethos and always stuck to my shoreline and true North. I didn’t need the US Navy to instill Honor, Courage, and Commitment in me but I thank them for re-enforcing it. It’s in my DNA."

I guess that honor, courage, ethics & ethos stuff went out the window when he decided to start ambushing and murdering innocent people who were uninvolved with his perceived slights. Notice how he requested prayers for himself? I assume he meant prayers to the Christian god, who would be expected to brush aside the "Thou shalt not murder" commandment?

Narcissus has just been replaced with Dorner as the face of Narcissism. Also please note the posts from his fawning sycophants.

http://beforeitsnews.com/blogging-ci...k-2445416.html

Old 02-15-2013, 12:13 PM

I think Dorner pretty much admits he's "not a religious man" (not trying to start a religious debate, but he does say that).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles