Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2013, 09:30 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,990,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
You have no doubt huh? None whatsoever? After a Bratton and consent decree era board of rights hearing, and after a subsequent appeal was denied by the courts, you have SRO doubts this lunatic is telling the truth?

Really.
Dude, it's all about proof not facts.

If five of my friends corner you and call you names and punch you in your gut, we can go to the cops and say that you have been stalking me to carry out gay fantasies and attempted to assault and rob me.

If my friends seem credible--or we act like we are random acquaintances--you are SOL....cops lie all the time and their word is accepted at face value.

Are you saying that the "system" would take a rookie's word over a "decorated" training officer 10 year vet of the force? LOL.

You are very naive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 09:49 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
LAPD couldn't even bother to go to the back of my house when it was broken into after my neighbors called.

You think they will catch this guy...?

When I inquired about my case I was treated like a criminal by LAPD

Old 02-08-2013, 10:47 AM

23,535 posts, read 24,022,219 times
Scary, I hope he gets caught.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:54 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,490,393 times
a wise man once said that the beginning of the decline of human society is when people start idolizing criminals and start looking upon law enforcement officers as the criminals

Old 02-08-2013, 10:55 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,861,688 times
Well, if this thread has illustrated anything, it's that the LAPD has a legitimately negative legacy and opinion amongst a large number of its citizens...

I do, indeed, believe some of his allegations - such as his training officer kicking the snot out of a mentally-handicapped homeless man - to be absolutely believable. The LAPD's department-wide MO is picking on people who won't or can't fight back instead of actually going after violent criminals; they're a bunch of cowards. I have absolutely no doubt in the least that during his training, he was driven around as his training officer beat up people who weren't resisting arrest and targeted people arbitrarily.

Any truth to Dorner's allegations, any legitimate grievances he has or may have had, are dwarfed by other realities: the guy laments children being shot by criminals, and then he goes and shoots up the (adult) child of an officer who wronged him. He says that he only has a grievance with the LAPD and will only open fire on members of the LAPD unless a member of another department tries to stop him, and then he ambushes a Riverside PD cruiser. The guy is insane, he's murderous, and he's willing to break his own personally laid-out ethos in his quest for vengeance. He references the atrocities at Sandy Hook, or the Aurora theatre shootings, but doesn't realize that he is Adam Lanza, he is James Holmes.

If he was only targeting LAPD officers, he'd still be insane, but at least he'd be going after the people he has a grievance towards. As it stands, he's up 3 people who were totally unrelated to his situation.

Last edited by 415_s2k; 02-08-2013 at 11:30 AM..

Old 02-08-2013, 10:56 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,861,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
a wise man once said that the beginning of the decline of human society is when people start idolizing criminals and start looking upon law enforcement officers as the criminals
Yeah, well, that wiseguy never lived in Los Angeles.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:12 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Dorner is shining the light on his former fellow cockroaches. They are effectively proving his case with their over-the-top behavior in Torrance and Redondo Beach yesterday morning.

He made the mistake of showing integrity by reporting this 'Chupacabra' character, and he was rewarded accordingly. He crossed the 'blue line'. The LAPD is nothing more than a state-run gang of violent thugs drunk on their authority. If one in their ranks dares to speak out against another, they must squash him, discredit him, conspire against him to make sure no one else among them gets any ideas about showing honesty and integrity.

I do not excuse this violent behavior - that couple in Irvine did not deserve their fate. But I have no problem understanding the guy's motives. Had the LAPD not done their despicable retribution on this whistleblower, I'm pretty sure none of this would ever have happened.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:51 AM

He's got them right where he wants them....MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

This is a guy that the LAPD and Military HIRED.... You would be foolish to think there are not other Dorners among the 10,000 officers in LAPD...

Not saying they shouldn't look for this guy....but who many OTHER criminals are getting away with serious crimes because "all the officers are busy looking for Dorner"

Old 02-08-2013, 12:32 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,274,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Well, if this thread has illustrated anything, it's that the LAPD has a legitimately negative legacy and opinion amongst a large number of its citizens...

I do, indeed, believe some of his allegations - such as his training officer kicking the snot out of a mentally-handicapped homeless man - to be absolutely believable. The LAPD's department-wide MO is picking on people who won't or can't fight back instead of actually going after violent criminals; they're a bunch of cowards. I have absolutely no doubt in the least that during his training, he was driven around as his training officer beat up people who weren't resisting arrest and targeted people arbitrarily.

Any truth to Dorner's allegations, any legitimate grievances he has or may have had, are dwarfed by other realities: the guy laments children being shot by criminals, and then he goes and shoots up the (adult) child of an officer who wronged him. He says that he only has a grievance with the LAPD and will only open fire on members of the LAPD unless a member of another department tries to stop him, and then he ambushes a Riverside PD cruiser. The guy is insane, he's murderous, and he's willing to break his own personally laid-out ethos in his quest for vengeance. He references the atrocities at Sandy Hook, or the Aurora theatre shootings, but doesn't realize that he is Adam Lanza, he is James Holmes.

If he was only targeting LAPD officers, he'd still be insane, but at least he'd be going after the people he has a grievance towards. As it stands, he's up 3 people who were totally unrelated to his situation.
This exactly.

People saying that this man or his writings are lucid and that he's making sense, must not read that much.

This guy is crazy. His writings, true or not, and anyone who thinks LEOs are 100% upstanding individuals are just blind.

This was a person who never had a voice, didn't know how to use it. He was trained in how to use deadly force and that became his voice.

Police corruption and this guy are two separate entities. I needed him to uncover these wrongdoings against him, as much as I needed someone to tell me the sky is blue. Him killing people methodically and the capability to kill arbitrarily, makes him very dangerous and renders any arguments he may have had, null and void.

He is not a "Robin Hood" type character.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:39 PM

Any headline with the word Manifesto sells copies at the newstand....or EYES on the internet (modern day version)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles