Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 03:51 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,305,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by readymade View Post
Maybe I should make a video where a fat unattractive woman who can't get laid bemoans how all guys in LA only want a woman who makes tons of money. Y'know, because that's the only reason any guy wouldn't want her. All LA guys are gold diggers!

Then I will start a thread on CD about how "real" it all is.
That would be stupid because there's not a shred of truth to it. There are a handful of lazy manipulative guys who somehow land hot, successful women who end up taking care of them (maybe they wish they were mothers) but that's so rare

Old 02-16-2013, 04:18 PM

415 posts, read 615,762 times
This video is pretty accurate for OC as well. I'm saying this as a woman. About a month ago I was at a Taco Tuesday at a restaurant in Newport Beach and was with 7 other women. All four of the SoCal natives were complaining about the dearth of good men here. By good men they meant six digit salary, post grad education, nice car and house, hot looking (9+) and somewhat athletic. They were all average looking themselves and not a single one had a graduate degree themselves. There were three of us not from SoCal (we were from Las Vegas, Baltimore and Chicago respectively) just sat there and well, we listened and were surprised they could not find good men...until they explained why. Then I just wasn't shocked. The women who are 10s here are even worse: stuck up you-know-whats who act all princess-y. I saw one the other day with her two friends at an event and she acted like it was a privilege for her and her two friends to grace the men present with their presence. Its disgusting. Who told these women they are all that and a bag of chips? Some men cop this attitude as well, but here it is very dominant among the women, even ugly women native to this area do this.

I have met many men here who tell me they will not date a woman from Southern California regardless of how she looks because of how bad the attitude is.

I'm from Vegas originally and I've never seen it so bad here with the attitude. Ever. This problem exists elsewhere but not on this level. I actually have not had a problem dating since I moved here - but my standards are not as high and lofty as others are.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:21 PM

155 posts, read 260,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suissegrl702 View Post
This video is pretty accurate for OC as well. I'm saying this as a woman. About a month ago I was at a Taco Tuesday at a restaurant in Newport Beach and was with 7 other women. All four of the SoCal natives were complaining about the dearth of good men here. By good men they meant six digit salary, post grad education, nice car and house, hot looking (9+) and somewhat athletic. They were all average looking themselves and not a single one had a graduate degree themselves. There were three of us not from SoCal (we were from Las Vegas, Baltimore and Chicago respectively) just sat there and well, we listened and were surprised they could not find good men...until they explained why. Then I just wasn't shocked. The women who are 10s here are even worse: stuck up you-know-whats who act all princess-y. I saw one the other day with her two friends at an event and she acted like it was a privilege for her and her two friends to grace the men present with their presence. Its disgusting. Who told these women they are all that and a bag of chips? Some men cop this attitude as well, but here it is very dominant among the women, even ugly women native to this area do this.

I have met many men here who tell me they will not date a woman from Southern California regardless of how she looks because of how bad the attitude is.

I'm from Vegas originally and I've never seen it so bad here with the attitude. Ever. This problem exists elsewhere but not on this level. I actually have not had a problem dating since I moved here - but my standards are not as high and lofty as others are.
THANK YOU FOR BEING HONEST!!!

LOL!

Awesome.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:

There you go. Women who are 5s expecting guys who are 10s in looks, income, and personality. Thanks for bringing in the female perspective confirming our observations

Old 02-16-2013, 04:44 PM

415 posts, read 615,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
There you go. Women who are 5s expecting guys who are 10s in looks, income, and personality. Thanks for bringing in the female perspective confirming our observations
You're welcome. I have had the hardest time making female friends here because so many of them are shallow and bratty. There isn't even a guarantee that the ones (women) who spend all day indoors playing World of Warcraft and weigh 300 pounds won't be free of this mindset.

Most of the female friends I've made here are not from SoCal.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
You're welcome. I have had the hardest time making female friends here because so many of them are shallow and bratty. There isn't even a guarantee that the ones (women) who spend all day indoors playing World of Warcraft and weigh 300 pounds won't be free of this mindset.

Most of the female friends I've made here are not from SoCal.
Orange County may be worse than LA actually. It explains the negative birth rate the native US population has though. Most LA/OC women will end up middle aged and single and then with no prospects. Then theyll complain how lonely they are and wish they settled for that 6 with an average income job. It's their choice with their pickiness.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:15 PM

221 posts, read 347,638 times
I found the video funny. It's comedy after all...

But in speaking to the real dating scene in LA...

Women around here may not care about much more than money and power, but men often don't care about more than sex and looks. Shallowness goes both ways.

I grew up in Southern California. For the last 20 or so years, I have been hit on a wide variety of offensive ways. Case in point: once while we sat in traffic next to each other, some guy made a sign that asked if I'd pull over for sex and then proceeded to do [ahem] really gross things to himself in the car... classy, dude. I've lost count of how many scary, disgusting, and embarrassing experiences I have had. I honestly think that once I'm old enough to be unattractive, I will be both a little sad and a lot relieved.

Most of the men I've met here could have not cared less about my college education, intellectual or artistic interests, volunteer work, spirituality, or any other meaningful part of my life. They just wanted sex. Many of my friends who grew up here, most of whom are professionals, report the same crappy experience and as a result, have often opted out of dating for years at a time and just thrown themselves single-mindedly into their career.

I think this is contributing to that stereotype that us professional LA women are "too distracted" to go out. Why bother going out, only to be treated like a blow-up doll? After all, us professionals don't need someone else's money... we're usually looking for quality companionship, a rarity in this region.

After my divorce, considering that I was bisexual, I just ruled men out entirely. I'm now happily in the lesbian scene where I am respected and appreciated for bringing more to the table than just a pretty face and a nice figure. I'm sure there are great guys out there, but why weed through all the bad ones when I have another option?

Maybe if men in this region behaved more politely and offered more depth, those of us who are attractive professional women wouldn't be so jaded.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsart View Post

Most of the men I've met here could have not cared less about my college education, intellectual or artistic interests, volunteer work, spirituality, or any other meaningful part of my life. They just wanted sex. Many of my friends who grew up here, most of whom are professionals, report the same crappy experience and as a result, have often opted out of dating for years at a time and just thrown themselves single-mindedly into their career.

I think this is contributing to that stereotype that us professional LA women are "too distracted" to go out. Why bother going out, only to be treated like a blow-up doll? After all, us professionals don't need someone else's money... we're usually looking for quality companionship, a rarity in this region.

After my divorce, considering that I was bisexual, I just ruled men out entirely. I'm now happily in the lesbian scene where I am respected and appreciated for bringing more to the table than just a pretty face and a nice figure. I'm sure there are great guys out there, but why weed through all the bad ones when I have another option?

Maybe if men in this region behaved more politely and offered more depth, those of us who are attractive professional women wouldn't be so jaded.
I am sorry you had to deal with losers like this. I really am because there's some great dudes out there you might have missed.

The one thing I've noticed is that a lot of the women here rule out guys for a lot of bizarre reasons (at least they are strange to me):

1) overweight
2) no car
3) race/ethnicity
4) income

No one is saying that you should date a fat, broke, ugly immigrant with no conversational skills. But the women of LA tend to go after that same pretty, rich, metrosexual surfer type, many of whom are dumb, shallow and uninteresting and then use that dude as a barometer for all men.

All my male friends adore intellectual conversations with women, but because we don't look like those kind of guys, the ladies chase down the wrong men and get hurt repeatedly.

I don't know how to change that.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:58 PM

38 posts, read 67,815 times
Most men have no idea what they are missing, because all they have to compare is women in America. The sad truth is that American women are considered worldwide as the worst women in terms of beauty, femininity, mothers, etc. Most American men never travel or they get stuck financially, and their life is over. So, successful men with means know the secret that once you leave the US, your options are change completely, and you're wide open to meeting beautiful, feminine and intelligent women.

Most men outside America would never, ever settle for an American woman.

Sadly, this is the truth.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Loco View Post
Most men have no idea what they are missing, because all they have to compare is women in America. The sad truth is that American women are considered worldwide as the worst women in terms of beauty, femininity, mothers, etc. Most American men never travel or they get stuck financially, and their life is over. So, successful men with means know the secret that once you leave the US, your options are change completely, and you're wide open to meeting beautiful, feminine and intelligent women.

Most men outside America would never, ever settle for an American woman.

Sadly, this is the truth.
Many of my friends are Hollywood industry people who travel overseas all of the time. They tell me the same thing as well.

Can't wait!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles