Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 03:54 PM

2 posts, read 3,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by linden52 View Post
Are you kidding with this question? The answer is no, since even with reduced hours, you are still employed. Unemployment benefits are for people who have no employment -- as in zero hours.
Your answer is not exactly correct. In this case,the answer is no. However, if your hours are cut 25% or more, you can qualify for partial unemployment benefits. In this instance your hours would have to drop be below 30 in order to qualify.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 03:58 PM

2 posts, read 3,104 times
Default Yes and No

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedxena View Post
My employer is cutting my hours from 40 to 32. Can I apply for unemployment for the 8 hours IM short every week?

If your hours are cut 25% or more (yours are not) you can qualify for partial unemployment. If your hours drop below 30 you could draw. I worked a part time job, 26 hours a week and my hours were cut to one day a week (6 hours) and I drew partial unemployment.

[url=http://www.esd.wa.gov/newsandinformation/faq/general-questions-employers-ask.php]General FAQ for employers[/url]

Old 07-08-2014, 04:16 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,830,409 times
Edit: Foiled by an old thread revived for no reason.

Last edited by bpeeps; 07-08-2014 at 04:19 PM.. Reason: Trickery

Old 07-08-2014, 06:15 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,121,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Or hours are being cut because of Obamacare. A lot of companies are maneuvering now to minimize its impact on their finances.
If your hours get cut to under 30 it is Obamacare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
That is the point of Obamacare. To either reduce overall spending on healthcare and/or cover more folks.

It makes sense to me that those in the health field will eventually see reductions as the need to become more efficient grows
The need to become more efficient also necessitates more people must die. Who needs old people once they have quit working and have quit contributing to society and become an expensive burden?

Note that I am a senior citizen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yancybox View Post
Your answer is not exactly correct. In this case,the answer is no. However, if your hours are cut 25% or more, you can qualify for partial unemployment benefits. In this instance your hours would have to drop be below 30 in order to qualify.
I should have seen this coming. As more people get cut to under 30, more go on the public dole and that necessitates larger government.

From each according to their ability to each according to their need. -- Karl Marx

By the way government statistics show that every dollar spent on unemployment benefits results in $1.25 being added to the economy. It seems reasonable to me that we should fire everybody. That would be a huge boost to our economy, and would have the additional benefit of clearing the freeways of traffic.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,368 times
You can file for unemployment if your hours are reduced by a certain percentage. I am not sure what the percentage is and it may differ by state. My hours reduced from 40 to 16 for several weeks. I was eligible. However, my hours were reduced from 40 to 24 and for that week I was not eligible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles