U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 12:53 AM

2 posts, read 8,202 times

Advertisements

Any advise on how to beat a red light camera ticket at this location? A green light is shown for cars going east I'm making a left turn on to Crenshaw Blvd. Lights begin to go off West bound traffic isn't moving. Light above turns red but I think there was another light at the south east corner that was yellow. Of course lights are flashing from several angles very distractive. Your thoughts or experience needed. Any advice about going to when to go to court asking for an extensions or a continence as it pertains to red light camera tickets in Inglewood? How does one go about getting the service records on the camera that snapped the photos. You experience and knowledge is very much needed. Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 12:54 PM

3,161 posts, read 9,080,066 times
Not sure I follow.

You think the sync on the lights was inoperative, and one showed you red and the other showed you yellow?

This intersection has turn arrows. The only light(s) that matter are the ones directing your left turn. How did they read when you crossed the limit line and entered the intersection?

A defense of "distracted" driving is not a defense. No offence meant here, but you sound slightly confused as to what happened, and that wont fly in court.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:15 PM

2 posts, read 8,202 times
The one light closest to the 76 gas station was yellow and the turn arrow light in the video showed a red light as I entered the intersection to turn. I thought it read yellow but the video shows red. I am confused after viewing the video it differs from what I remember.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seniorneedshelp View Post
The one light closest to the 76 gas station was yellow and the turn arrow light in the video showed a red light as I entered the intersection to turn. I thought it read yellow but the video shows red. I am confused after viewing the video it differs from what I remember.
It sounds to me, like you made a mistake, and violated the vehicle code. An honest mistake, but still a mistake.

I wasn't there, and haven't seen the video, but you hardly seem concrete in your assertion that you were not wrong here.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:57 PM

164 posts, read 302,375 times
I thought that those tickets were invalid after a certain date. I dont believe you hav to even worry about it unless you got a ticket before the system was discontinued.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:03 PM

6,802 posts, read 5,482,818 times
Looks like a pretty standard intersection to me. Good thing you didn't have an accident, I'd probably find ya at fault from the limited info you present.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:08 AM

8,452 posts, read 12,749,150 times
You are not supposed to enter an intersection on a yellow. That's where they will get you.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
You are not supposed to enter an intersection on a yellow. That's where they will get you.
That is legally not factual, unless we're talking about a Ped.

Quote:
21452(a) A driver facing a steady circular yellow or yellow arrow signal is, by that signal, warned that the related green movement is ending or that a red indication will be shown immediately thereafter.

(b) A pedestrian facing a steady circular yellow or a yellow arrow signal, unless otherwise directed by a pedestrian control signal as provided in Section 21456, is, by that signal, warned that there is insufficient time to cross the roadway and shall not enter the roadway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-02-2013, 06:35 PM

8,452 posts, read 12,749,150 times
From the 2013 DMV Driver's Manual:

A yellow signal light means “CAUTION.” The red signal is about to appear. When you see the yellow light, stop if you can do so safely. If you cannot stop safely, cross the intersection cautiously.

http://apps.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/dl600.pdf

So, if the official judging the camera picture decides that the driver entering the intersection could have stopped safely (especially if they started on the ped side of the limit line), the ticket will stand.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:38 PM

6,802 posts, read 5,482,818 times
While I generally stop at a yellow unless I'm right at it, it is definitely legal to enter an intersection on yellow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles