Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 08:31 PM

4 posts, read 19,744 times

Advertisements

Ok so I saw a ad for a cheap apartment in pico rivera. I drove to the apartment and I drove through the neighborhood and it seemed like a nice community but I wonder is it a safe place for a young black man to live? I know it is a predominatly latino comdmunity and I heard there is gang activity over there. If I move there will I get beat up and banged on everyday? What do you guys think? Are the pico rivera gangs terrorizing the blacks over there like they are in compton?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 10:27 AM

155 posts, read 260,236 times
I wouldn't move there if I were you.

Trust me.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:11 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,815,510 times
I wouldn't recommend a young black moving there, either. And I was raised there. It's only gotten worse. Sad.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:42 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,830,649 times
Nope, don't do it.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:09 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,442 times
Still not convinced? More on the Latino-Black war in Los Angeles | The Occidental Observer - White Identity, Interests, and Culture

Old 03-04-2013, 08:54 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
I wouldn't recommend a young black moving there, either. And I was raised there. It's only gotten worse. Sad.
I doubt this very seriously. Crime rates are near historic lows throughout the county, Pico Rivera included.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:10 AM

74 posts, read 181,604 times
i think you should live there..i have been on buses with blacks and latinos and there was no trouble at all. the other day,i saw 2 latino men help and older black man who fell off his bike. i am white,but i feel like blacks and latinos get along well in LA.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:10 AM

33 posts, read 66,594 times
As a black male who lived in pr in his 20s id have to say dont do it ...nobody messed with me hell I lived in hp for a while but yeah I wouldnt do it again. Pico nuevo and I forget the other sureno hood ran a few black familys out of pico rivera when I lived there. If you have to live in that area try downey

Old 03-05-2013, 10:08 AM

18 posts, read 33,589 times
Angry Where to move

I think it's so sad in the 21st century people have to still ask if it is safe to move to a certain area because they are black. I have lived in Seattle and the Las Vegas area and you just don't see these problems, there may be a few. You move where you can afford and people in these places seem to get along very well. Everyone knows to really try not and move to Latino areas because they still only want their own in their areaa and they have the nerves, they have moved into other areas causing others to move, whites and blacks. And I read on here whites asking are whites living in certain areas. Two of the most prejudiced cities I have been to are New York (I lived there for over 15 years) and L.A. Unfortunately blacks have moved in neighborhoods in New York (the Bronx and Brooklyn), and tore up beautiful neighborhoods, making them look like war torn areas, making it hard for decent blacks to find housing, they have had to move to Long Island to live nice lives in safe areas and good schools. I don't understand how some of these blacks and Puerto Ricans could destroy nice neighborhoods. That led to white flight. So now they are getting them out of these area and out pricing them, many of them were probably on welfare. It is also sad how Latino (gangs) are forcing blacks to move out of black neighborhoods in L.A., are there are no black men to fight back and protect their families and neighborhoods? Until more blacks start to care about their communities and take care of their homes, it will only get worse. I think they are better in CA. than New York, they seem to keep their areas better than in New York, that is why they are being chased out of N.Y. The answer is education, caring about where you live and working which will give a person more pride. I don't think it's is mainly about color, people have eyes, they see different neighborhoods. There are a lot of decent, hard working blacks who take pride in their homes. Unfortunately there are many who just don't care and it makes it hard for others.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:10 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,629,904 times
I don't get all the postings of people wanting to live in communities where they'd be very out of place....white people wanting to live in Inglewood, blacks wanting to live in Pico Rivera, etc.

The crazy thing is, in each instance, theres MUCH nicer more diverse communities VERY close by.

Instead of Pico Rivera, Downey or Whittier.

Instead of Inglewood, Culver City or Westchester.

Pretty sure people are mildly trolling with all these race related threads lately.

And of course right as I'm posting this, the post above pops up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles