Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 10:29 AM

2,043 posts, read 3,888,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Why don't you plan a two week stay in NYC in August and let us know how mild and delightful that is as well.
Sure- just send me the money for airfare and pay for my hotel- Ritz-Carlton looks nice.....I'm sure the heat/humidity will be different from what I'm used to but I'll manage fine...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2013, 10:35 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Come on, I've stayed in NYC in both winter and summer. Handled it just fine. The only thing that would be a con to the weather there is those hot subway stations.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Come on, I've stayed in NYC in both winter and summer. Handled it just fine. The only thing that would be a con to the weather there is those hot subway stations.
Right on!!! Not all us Californians are weather wimps- a change once in a while is good. I found the subway stations to be heated when I was there in winter (i was sweating due to being layered up for outside walking)so I thought they'd be air conditioned in summer as well. An any case NYC rocks! I'm so LAed out.Even Silicon Valley beats LA

Old 03-17-2013, 11:11 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdriannaSmiling View Post
Right on!!! Not all us Californians are weather wimps- a change once in a while is good. I found the subway stations to be heated when I was there in winter (i was sweating due to being layered up for outside walking)so I thought they'd be air conditioned in summer as well. An any case NYC rocks! I'm so LAed out.Even Silicon Valley beats LA
There is no A/C in the stations ever. The cars, yes. I'm really enjoying LA right now, so its new to me. But NYC might be in my future.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:14 AM

361 posts, read 748,476 times
LOL. Great question.

In a word, no.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:02 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Never in a million years. I will never live in a four season area. I'd rather be a homeless bum on the streets of Santa Monica than scrape ice off my windshield, shovel piles of show off my walk ways, and spend the whole summer panting for air in 200% humidity. Aaaahno, thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic59 View Post
Exactly! Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessie425 View Post
SO TRUE!!!!
Y'all don't get around much, do you? Having four distinct seasons doesn't necessarily mean having "brutal" weather unless, of course, you're a complete and utter weather wimp.

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 03-17-2013 at 12:21 PM..

Old 03-17-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Y'all don't get around much, do you? Having four distinct seasons doesn't necessarily mean having " brutal" weather unless, of course, you're a complete and utter weather wimp.
When I hear weather wimps whine, I'm embarrassed to be a native Californian

Nyc is far from brutal- try North Dakota or Montana..

Old 03-17-2013, 12:16 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Y'all don't get around much, do you? Having four distinct seasons doesn't necessarily mean having " brutal" weather unless, of course, you're a complete and utter weather wimp.
You're wrong on me, I can't speak for the others. I've not only traveled to dozens of countries, I've actually lived in some of them for a number of years.

I never used the term brutal. Some people like to camp outdoors, some people will only stay at a four star hotel. It is a matter of preference, and neither one is "wrong". Same principle on which climate a person prefers.

But keep reaching, maybe you'll get there Curmudgeon.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdriannaSmiling View Post
When I hear weather wimps whine, I'm embarrassed to be a native Californian

Nyc is far from brutal- try North Dakota or Montana..
Agreed! I'm a native southern Californian who has spent years in other states and countries. While I'll agree that CA has some of the most pleasant and benign weather to be found, there is such a thing as acclimating.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
You're wrong on me, I can't speak for the others. I've not only traveled to dozens of countries, I've actually lived in some of them for a number of years.

I never used the term brutal. Some people like to camp outdoors, some people will only stay at a four star hotel. It is a matter of preference, and neither one is "wrong". Same principle on which climate a person prefers.

But keep reaching, maybe you'll get there Curmudgeon.
Didn't say you did. The word "brutal" was mine and aptly described portions of your scenario so no stretch or reach there except, perhaps, for your defensiveness. But you're right about one thing, it's all about preference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles