Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 08:15 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,548,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The northern part of Northridge is fine (Nobel Jr. High is one of the best Jr. High schools in LA). I'd rather live there than in Winnetka or Sunland.
Nobel is crazy good. I've been to many a teacher training there because their teachers are top notch. A killer school like that makes an already beautiful neighborhood (great homes, nice parks, awesome hike and bike trail) that much more desirable.

Northridge has many great areas and I see development going up there with student housing and the beginnings (BEGINNINGS) of a college town vibe. CSUN is investing heavily in its infrastructure and programs. I know teachers who drive from Long Beach and Orange County because of the specialized and highly rated programs they offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 11:34 PM

24,487 posts, read 33,200,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post
Nobel is crazy good. I've been to many a teacher training there because their teachers are top notch. A killer school like that makes an already beautiful neighborhood (great homes, nice parks, awesome hike and bike trail) that much more desirable.

Northridge has many great areas and I see development going up there with student housing and the beginnings (BEGINNINGS) of a college town vibe. CSUN is investing heavily in its infrastructure and programs. I know teachers who drive from Long Beach and Orange County because of the specialized and highly rated programs they offer.
Wow, they drove in all the from there? Well, I guess it would be worth it.

Incidentally, the Von Sternberg house, of which the grounds actually featured an actual moat, was just north of Nobel, at 10000 Tampa Ave.

BTTF# 16: Josef Von Sternberg House by Richard Neutra~San Fernando Valley Blog

Old 03-19-2014, 09:20 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,357,414 times
Northridge does have quite a bit of development lots of shopping there . New restaurants , as far as college town it's more appealing than Westwood Village .also the retail isn't as rundown as in some parts of the valley .

Not necessarily cheap to buy there though .

Old 03-24-2014, 04:55 PM

10 posts, read 10,531 times
Well, this advice is from a Realtor (me). If you know you'll only be here for 2-3 years, you may be better off renting. If you do rent, you should seriously think about enjoying your life while you're here. If you work in Studio City, it might be worth considering living in Studio City to keep your commute as absolutely short as possible. That way you can spend your time enjoying the lifestyle that Studio City and even Sherman Oaks has to offer. NoHo is also a great place to spend time while not at work. Rents will be generally a bit higher than some of the areas in the North Valley. But not always. Sometimes you can grab a great rental that's comparable in price to areas mentioned on here that are outside of Studio City. If on the other hand, you just have, have, have, to buy (and you should really think awhile before doing that), and you want to stay in the South area of the Valley, you'll be looking at maybe buying a studio or 1 bedroom in Tarzana, Van Nuys, North Hollywood, occasionally West Hills or Woodland Hills (but you'll be really west of Studio City if you buy there; and yes it's hot there).

Old 10-08-2014, 06:35 PM

3 posts, read 2,665 times
What's wrong with Northridge?

Old 10-09-2014, 12:11 PM

3,148 posts, read 2,714,474 times
FORGET IT. Move up toward Santa Clarita.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:57 PM

3 posts, read 3,040 times
North Hollywood...near Metro stop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles