Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2013, 01:34 AM

7 posts, read 8,672 times

Advertisements

Hi there
We (couple with 1 children aged 4) will be moving to USA in 4 to 6 months.Are there any italian families in L.A? we are Italian. My husband will open a restaurant fast food.Where are the nice areas for families to live? We have a $3500 rental budget for a house, what kind of property could we get for this? Where are nice safe areas with a lot of italians people and families?I would really appreciate some advice, i have never lived in the US and know very little about life in L.A
What age do children start school in California? Do most children go to pre-school from 3? are there italian or international schools?
are there some italian families that moved to L.A recently? Many thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 04:02 AM

810 posts, read 1,342,337 times
LA is very international, everything will be fine. I'm not sure what part of the city that has a large Italian ex-pat community, but I'm sure they do exist.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:49 AM

3,049 posts, read 4,546,640 times
I have met a significant number of Italian Americans in the suburbs around L.A., in places like Thousand Oaks, Santa Clarita, Camarillo, Simi Valley and even out in Palmdale/Lancaster. So I know there is definitely an Italian American community in the LA area.

I would encourage you to try Santa Clarita. That area seems to have more Italian Americans than any of the others.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:43 PM

171 posts, read 530,646 times
You'll be able to afford a very nice place to live for the amount of money you have. You would even be able to find something suitable for much less.

Here is a group I found for Italian Moms and Dads living in the Los Angeles area. Maybe you can join before you move so you can ask questions of people before you get here.
miniitaliansla : Mini Italians L.A.

Benvenuti to all Italians in Los Angeles! Would you like to meet fellow Italian expats in Los Angeles?
Italians in Los Angeles ? Italian Expats in Los Angeles | InterNations.org

I think San Pedro is a part of Los Angeles that probably still has a somewhat larger concentration of Italians than other areas in L.A., though not as much as in the past. One of the elementary schools there, that's listed on the Italian Los Angeles website below, is Taper Elementary. They have an English Immersion program.
Taper Avenue Elementary School & Technology Magnet: Councils/Programs

Here are listed some other elementary schools. Probably they have English immersion programs also. Some of them are in the part of Los Angeles called the San Fernando Valley
Elementary School

Most children here start kindergarten when they are 5 years old. Though there are many privately run pre-schools attendance in a preschool isn't required to start kindgergarten. If the parents don't think the child is ready at age 5 or wants their child to attend two years of kindergarten instead of just one that is also sometimes done.

KINDERGARTEN IN CALIFORNIA
Kindergarten in California - Elementary (CA Dept of Education)

The Italian American Museum of Los Angeles
The Italian American Museum of Los Angeles | BENVENUTO!
The Feast of San Gennaro
Feast of San Gennaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiarria View Post
Hi there
We (couple with 1 children aged 4) will be moving to USA in 4 to 6 months.Are there any italian families in L.A? we are Italian. My husband will open a restaurant fast food.Where are the nice areas for families to live? We have a $3500 rental budget for a house, what kind of property could we get for this? Where are nice safe areas with a lot of italians people and families?I would really appreciate some advice, i have never lived in the US and know very little about life in L.A
What age do children start school in California? Do most children go to pre-school from 3? are there italian or international schools?
are there some italian families that moved to L.A recently? Many thanks.

Old 09-11-2014, 12:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,446 times
Chiarria, are you still looking for Italian families? We're also new here and are looking to find Italian speakers. I already found an Italian-speaking piano teacher (karennpresti.tk, she's great) but am having a hard time finding some friends!

Old 09-11-2014, 05:48 AM

7 posts, read 7,526 times
Hi, we will be moving to L.A. in a couple of week and we are Italian with two kids ( 3 and 7 ).
I hope to find an apt in or near Santa Monica as soon as possible. Then it would be great to meet other Italian families!

Old 09-11-2014, 07:34 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I think there are some Meetups for Italian speakers. You guys should check that out.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:53 PM

74 posts, read 131,034 times
Why don't you meet some American Families? You are coming to the US after all. Besides they will the majority of your customers, I believe. Give us a try! We're nice!

Old 09-12-2014, 05:10 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,564,559 times
San Pedro! There are tons of old Italian families down there and even some newer arrivals and Italian-Americans. Best restaurants down there too. I think they come for the steep hillsides and ocean breezes and work around the port of LA. I know a ton down there and in south Torrance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles