Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2006, 07:30 PM

19 posts, read 94,353 times

Advertisements

Hello all -

Haven't seen many posts about Glendale, CA. Any feedback on the community that I can't get from city-data.com? Also, any reference to a previous thread would be great.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2006, 08:05 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,606,344 times
Glendale now has a predominently Armenian majority. That may not be on the updated stats yet. It is well situated for those wishing to commute to Burbank or Pasadena. Good mix of decent, mid-size houses and apartments. It's adjacent Burbank and its declining equestrian properties, and used to be the cheaper choice for those wishing that option. But it's disappearing there as well.

Old 08-05-2006, 11:22 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,399,105 times
I lived in Glendale for three years (97 to 2000). I don't remember it being too bad. Places to avoid (then at least) were those closest to Eagle Rock. You want to be closer to Burbank and the 210 (La Cresenta, Flintridge, Montrose are other communities).

I don't think the area has changed much. It is pricey however (as is most of LA). The commute is best for Burbank or Pasadena, but if you work in downtown LA it shouldn't be too bad if you are by the 134.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-06-2006, 05:39 AM

19 posts, read 94,353 times
Thank you for the info fastfilm and Jaded.

FF - I just want to say that while we probably don't see eye to eye on a few things, I always enjoy your posts. They are very well written and are all very educated. Are you a writer? I think you'd be a great novelist. :-)

Old 08-06-2006, 08:56 AM

1,398 posts, read 6,606,344 times
Thank you, jlfinchum. I've worked as a photojournalist. No James Ellroy, me. If you want the link for my website, use the private message option here and I'll relay it to you posthaste.

To elaborate on Jaded's observations, Eagle Rock would be a mixture of Occidental College students wishing to find cheaper housing, and the actual poor wishing to find cheaper housing. Flintridge is the "Bel Air" of the that end of the San Gabriel foothills, and would not be affordable/attainable to most people.

A desirable residential area like Glendale that is well situated to easy freeway commutes to business areas is actually rare in L.A., hence why both of us brought it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles