Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2006, 07:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,692 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine is a writer and asked me to do some research for the next chapter in his book on Los Angeles !
I've had an interesting time reading the threads to various aspects of living in Los Angeles and believe me its definately ONE PLACE I WOULD NOT want to live ! HOWEVER I do believe that you accept and get on with certain situations when YOU HAVE NO OTHER CHOICES and choosing your neighbours isn't always down to your choice if you're on a limited budget or income in the first place !
Many artistes, performers actors actressses are lured by the Hollywood lights the dreams and everything else that goes with it ! truth is always painful and probably to some extremely painful ! Graffiti and everything that goes with gangs and more is not in this age an acceptable facet of society regardless of the great American freedoms the right to live in a clean and crime free society is as relevant as the freedom of speech and there are no excuses for mugging, rape, killing or maiming others ! As a qualified nurse aswell as a musician I have worked in refugee camps abroad and travelled extensively, always its comes down to race, color and creed not forgetting in some instances sexuality ! What color we are is irrelevant (close your eyes hold your hand out and I'll get ten people to shake your hand NOW tell me what color they are ! ) it is only RELEVANT when it suits us to use it as a means to intimidate, harrass or bully or to shout racism seeking to pull the powers of judgement in our favour ! As for the others Creed what terrible terrible crimes have been committed in God's name ! Race ? we're HUMAN BEINGS ! we came up from savages to a level where all races should accept KILLING is wrong RAPE is wrong Maiming, bullying intimidating IS WRONG there are NO excuses whether you are Latino, American, Mexican whatever !!!
That same freedom applies to sexuality whether you are straight, *******, Homo or whatever ! BUT the same rules on law on decency on respect apply !
We have a world where a 1/3rd of all people are dying daily from starvation, from wrongful imprisonment from bullying and intimidation from suicide because they can't cope or can't LIVE because those who think it is their RIGHT to do whatever they dammwell like and use the FREEDOM of SPEECH or similar to bolster their evil twisting and turning things to suit them !
I think Jess Corbin won't be shocked in the least as a writer at what he finds from my research on LA but ultimately the only people that can make LA a better place to live to love are those who live and work in LA regardless of RACE COLOR , CREED or SEXUALITY !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: