Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 11:58 AM

413 posts, read 1,845,396 times

Advertisements

Thought this would be fun and different. No idol worship, just curious. Name who you've seen/met.
So, of all the times I have been to L.A I have only seen a few stars.
Chris Connely walking on Sunset
Vince Neil on a balcony on Sunset
Ben Stiller in an Audi pulling out of a street in the hills of Beverly
P Diddy in some kind of red exotic sports car on Sunset by UCLA
Jessica Simpson @ Universal Studios filming a video on a set during our tour.
And 1 adult star, but I only know her face, not her name.

Ya think with all the big shots living there you would see more. But we haven't.
Then theres a bunch of those "hey, thats!....what's his name!..." I know the face but...man, who is that guy? You know those ones that you know you've seen but can't place it.

I never speak to them. I figure they have enough going on and don't need crazy fans flocking around so I leave them alone. It's still cool to see though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 02:46 PM

1,150 posts, read 2,698,426 times
Default Oooh, oooh, I met one, ooh ooh I did, I did !

I recognized Richard Simmons shopping at Bristol Farms on Sunset. I said hello and stuff and he paid for the breakfast fruit I was about to buy !

The one thing I really regret was not asking (heck begging) him for some kind of job. If you wanna survive in L.A., you need to think real quick on your feet and have massive balls. Oops, I guess that's why I don't live there any more.

Richard asked what brought me to L.A. He told me how he ditched a swank job in New York that was paying him $125,000 per year in order to move to L.A.

I bet Richard Simmons has massive balls, he's no dope either !

Old 11-06-2007, 03:05 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Too many to list - Anthony Kiedis in Venice Beach several years ago comes to mind whenever this question comes up.

I used to work on the 3rd Street Promenade in SM several years ago and people in the office would spot celebrities nearly every day on their lunch breaks.

Try it - it really does work! Just steer clear of the panhandlers and pickpockets if you can help it.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:23 PM

723 posts, read 2,998,214 times
Fred Durst, Brad Pitt (several times), Adam Sandler, Jack Nicholson, Dennis Hopper, and many many "small time" actors and performers. I've worked with a few directors as well, Romanek, Tim Story, Michael Apted, Andrew Adamson, etc.

I don't get star struck.

I would get star struck if I met Lindsay Lohan. I have SEEN Lindsay Lohan driving her car on the west side, near where she lives. But thats as close as I got to her. Funnily enough, I recognized her car before I realized who was driving it.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:46 PM

332 posts, read 2,149,324 times
I've seen quite a few A-listers... but most recently: Pete Wentz and Ashlee Simpson watched my friends' band perform at a small dive bar in Montrose. If anyone wants to check them out, here's their MySpace: MySpace.com - The Chase - Los Angeles, California - Rock - www.myspace.com/thechaserock -- they are ****ing good.... Pete Wentz went out of his way to see a random band at a tiny unheard-of bar in Montrose.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:06 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,336,173 times
My mom writes for magazines so i've met quite a few and had conversations with them.

The whole "Lost" cast at several parties in Hawaii (going to another this month)
Owen Wilson
Jackie Chan
Shaq
Drew Barrymore
J. Lo (bich*cough*cough*)
Marge Heldinberger(I think that's the one from CSI with the big lips. They are members of my Jewish synagogue)
The old Batman
One of the people that made Napoleon Dynomite is a family friend. Jory
Hugh Heffner
Tori Spelling
I'm sure there's more.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:18 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,635,999 times
cher, jamie lee curtis, gwyneth paltrow, the olsen twins, jim belushi, tracey ullman, billy crystal, jada pinkett-smith, queen latifah, victor garber (is he famous, or just a working actor?), and shaquille oneal. i've also seen a bunch of soap opera and character actors whose names most people don't know, and people who are only "celebrities" to those of us old enough to remember when they were famous.

i've worked in a number of places where celebrity sightings were run-of-the-mill, but i won't list them because they weren't random encounters.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:13 PM

705 posts, read 3,297,061 times
Since I started living here in Los Angeles Ive seen Jessica Alba, Sarah Silverman, Dane Cook, Tom Hanks, Isla Fisher and others I cant remember their names.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:17 PM

142 posts, read 754,628 times
I've seen Robbie Williams, and I LOVE him! :-)

Old 11-06-2007, 08:40 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,336,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurekRZA View Post
Since I started living here in Los Angeles Ive seen Jessica Alba, Sarah Silverman, Dane Cook, Tom Hanks, Isla Fisher and others I cant remember their names.
OMG. It's my dream to meet Dane Cook (funniest person ever) and Jessica Alba is also in that list, but well behind Dane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles