Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 09:26 AM

502 posts, read 717,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girbaud King View Post
What did LA ever do to people in the Mid-West and South to make some of them hate us so much? I spend a lot of time staying current on news of all types. When the articles involve LA or California, I frequently run into reader comments that exasperate an irrational hatred of LA? Typically the readers are from the Mid West or South. They're comments are so horrible. Like, wishing that all of LA will soon to fall into the ocean? What's up with that? I've never read a reader comment in an article, in which someone from LA wishes that people in Wisconsin will soon all die from a tornado? Seriously, I love LA so much and I don't why some folks in this country have to hate on this city so much? Oh, it also seems like there's a lot of LA haters in Texas and Nevada?
OP I know your life is miserable, but how many more anti-midwest/chicago/south/west/not-LA trolling rants do you need to make? You had a sucky life in Chicago. We get it. Your very angry about it. We see that. LA awesome, everywhere else lame. Again, we hear ya. Now, can you go find a new hobby or something?

Last edited by fightforlove; 06-24-2013 at 09:35 AM..

Old 06-24-2013, 10:33 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,498,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Envy and jealousy from watching too much TV. That's what you do in the midwest and east coast from October until March; You sit inside and watch people in LA roller blading on the strand in February in short pants in 72F weather.
This is so true. It's all jealousy.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:09 PM

52 posts, read 75,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightforlove View Post
OP I know your life is miserable, but how many more anti-midwest/chicago/south/west/not-LA trolling rants do you need to make? You had a sucky life in Chicago. We get it. Your very angry about it. We see that. LA awesome, everywhere else lame. Again, we hear ya. Now, can you go find a new hobby or something?
I'm sorry you're regretting your move back to the wonderful state of Wisconsin. But don't take it out on me that you're second guessing your relocation to the dairy state. My life in Chicago didn't "suck" for your information, you have no idea who I am. I have good memories of friends back there, it makes me sad sometimes, I miss them. Anyway, this post wasn't about Chicago. Soooo, I'm thinking maybe it's you that needs a hobby. I hear ice fishing is popular in Wisconsin.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:49 PM

502 posts, read 717,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girbaud King View Post
I'm sorry you're regretting your move back to the wonderful state of Wisconsin. But don't take it out on me that you're second guessing your relocation to the dairy state. My life in Chicago didn't "suck" for your information, you have no idea who I am. I have good memories of friends back there, it makes me sad sometimes, I miss them. Anyway, this post wasn't about Chicago. Soooo, I'm thinking maybe it's you that needs a hobby. I hear ice fishing is popular in Wisconsin.
No I don't care to know who you are, but I only point it out because your threads are all the same schtick: childish trolling to p1ss people off. Obsess much? You even started the same thread topic twice in this same forum. Can you not find another tree to bark up?

Anyways, to answer your original *question* (assuming you actually wanted an answer), why so many people hating on the big LA?? In all honesty: take a look in the mirror, re-read some of your own posts. If you still can't figure it out, you never will.

Last edited by fightforlove; 06-24-2013 at 04:35 PM..

Old 06-24-2013, 05:53 PM

596 posts, read 820,674 times
Because they know all those crappy movies that hit the theatres are made in LA.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:04 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,853,364 times
It's cause, let's face it, we are a pretty godless bunch.

Same reason they hate NYC and Northern California.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:05 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
we are a pretty godless bunch.
It's no wonder I like LA.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:09 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,489,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
It's cause, let's face it, we are a pretty godless bunch.

Same reason they hate NYC and Northern California.
I had to look at your post twice. The first time I read it as:

"It's cause, let's face it, we are a pretty godess bunch."

I almost gave you a "You go girl!".

Old 06-25-2013, 01:34 AM

1,045 posts, read 1,635,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Heck, there are people in San Francisco and even San Diego that "hate on" L.A. Some of that is the sports rivalries, but it is usually more than that. I think in the Midwest (I grew up there my first 12 years), it is not so much directed toward LA specifically as the "cities on the East and West coasts" needing to be more respectful and not consider it all flyover territory.

I can't speak for the attitude toward LA in the South. I have only been to Florida on vacation (20 years ago) and do not know anyone there.
I agree with this for the most part. I haven't met too many SD haters but SF people take the cake. I'm from Midwest and most people from midwest unless they are from Chicago, love LA. Most of the people I meet that aren't from here are from Midwest, it's the classic story out here, "I moved here from midwest to make it big".

Old 06-25-2013, 01:40 AM

217 posts, read 313,218 times
They hate us because we are fabulous !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles