Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 11:25 PM

121 posts, read 240,209 times

Advertisements

I used to work with the FD in that area and there are quite a few hispanic gangs that like to shoot each other in that area.

No, it is not a safe area. In general I would guess you "might" be fine (if you are hispanic?).

I agree with Mashi - I would be there in a work setting or during day but you wouldn't catch me there at night. Ever. Ever. Ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 12:55 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
I live very close to here . It feels like this part of the city and valley is very neglected .

A lot of it I'm sure is that the residents don't complain as much as those in other parts of the valley . I wouldn't really recommend it .

Especially if you are renting I think you can be pickier with areas as there doesn't seem to be as much difference in rents versus buying .

Also regarding sun valley there are some nice homes on the eastern part the la tuna canyon area closer to Burbank . There are actually houses that have horses there and stuff and large homes .

I'd like to see better things for the area but I feel the city just really does not care ..

And it's not like homes in the area that cheap ,so it's kind of sad.

To me I mostly see people with families ,there are some shady looking people , but I thankfully haven't seen gang activity . There have been some shootings that I've read about which is kind of scary ..mostly people that know each other..but still not good stuff.

Retail and restaurants are very lacking . Definitely no signs of gentrification in this area.

Noho arts is hip , but it's still miles away .

Burbank is not too far and usually have to go there for retail..but in my opinion the north hollywood target is better.

I don't necessarily feel safe especially walking around ..which I don't do be because there isn't much to walk to anyways ..but I guess things could be worse..

Just sad to think at one point this part of the valley was decent .

Last edited by jm1982; 08-10-2013 at 01:09 PM..

Old 08-10-2013, 03:51 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I live very close to here . It feels like this part of the city and valley is very neglected .

A lot of it I'm sure is that the residents don't complain as much as those in other parts of the valley . I wouldn't really recommend it .

Especially if you are renting I think you can be pickier with areas as there doesn't seem to be as much difference in rents versus buying .

Also regarding sun valley there are some nice homes on the eastern part the la tuna canyon area closer to Burbank . There are actually houses that have horses there and stuff and large homes .

I'd like to see better things for the area but I feel the city just really does not care ..

And it's not like homes in the area that cheap ,so it's kind of sad.

To me I mostly see people with families ,there are some shady looking people , but I thankfully haven't seen gang activity . There have been some shootings that I've read about which is kind of scary ..mostly people that know each other..but still not good stuff.

Retail and restaurants are very lacking . Definitely no signs of gentrification in this area.

Noho arts is hip , but it's still miles away .

Burbank is not too far and usually have to go there for retail..but in my opinion the north hollywood target is better.

I don't necessarily feel safe especially walking around ..which I don't do be because there isn't much to walk to anyways ..but I guess things could be worse..

Just sad to think at one point this part of the valley was decent .
Back when the GM plant was going and high paying blue collar jobs for aerospace and the studios were plentiful.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:51 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
Yeah that is true . Now the best job going is probably In N Out burger in that area.

The GM Plant was actually replaced with a shopping center called "The Plant" that includes an In N Out burger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles