Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 11:29 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times

Advertisements

LOL. Fox is developing a TV show for Sherman Oaks that will be similar to the O.C. I hope they get it right and not just try to put pretty faces on TV and say this is how the S.O. is. As a long time Sherman Oaks resident (even though I am renting out my S.O. property) some things that they definately need to portray the S.O. as it really is:

1. Beautiful Persian girls with the giant sunglasses.
2. Russian/Armenian guys wearing leather jackets, black sunglasses, smoking cigarettes and driving black cars. Often they will be wearing Addidas sweat pants as well.
3. My wife (also with big Gucci and Prada sunglasses) shopping and displaying the ultimate "spoiled Moscow girl" attitude.
4. Must have a very diverse cast (black, asian, persian, jewish, russian, hispanic) Not just blondes who move here from midwest who want to be actresses.
5. Support the local S.O. business by displaying them on the show.

Anyone else have any ideas on how they should portray our beloved S.O.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 11:36 AM

1,482 posts, read 5,174,667 times
Don't know about the portrayal but the proposed name has got to go. "The Sherm" would lead people to believe the show was about PCP.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:41 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
LOL. Thats exactly what I thought of when I heard the name. They should just call it "The S.O.". The Sherm is DEFINATELY a BAD name for the show. No one calls it that and yes most people instantly think of PCP when they hear it. Another example of NON LA people writing shows and coming up with ideas they think people will like.

Old 11-13-2007, 12:55 PM

194 posts, read 303,967 times
Default To quote the immortal Archie Bunker "Oh Gawwwd..."

What's next? The 'Palos Verdes'?

The 'Pacific Palisades'?

Why not just have a reality show called 'Incredibly wealthy obnoxious spoiled brats from SoCal'? (It *is* Fox, you know).

Monday night they can show people from Palos Verdes.

Tuesday can be Malibu.

Wednesday can be Beverly Hills.

Thursday can be Brentwood.

Friday nights they can have a gladiator-style free-for-all (to the death) to eliminate each other,
the last remaining suburb/neighboorhood WINS!!!

As some locales are eliminated, new ones: Laguna Beach, Pacific Palisades, etc. are brought into the fold!

Who can I pitch this to? Where's Mike Ovitz?

Old 11-13-2007, 05:22 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
LOL. Fox is developing a TV show for Sherman Oaks that will be similar to the O.C.

Now I have another reason not to watch TV.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:16 AM

705 posts, read 3,298,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Now I have another reason not to watch TV.
One question, why do you spend your time in the Los Angeles forum if you live in Colorado?

Old 11-14-2007, 11:19 AM

2,318 posts, read 7,846,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slauson Rosecranz View Post
What's next? The 'Palos Verdes'?

The 'Pacific Palisades'?

Why not just have a reality show called 'Incredibly wealthy obnoxious spoiled brats from SoCal'? (It *is* Fox, you know).

Monday night they can show people from Palos Verdes.

Tuesday can be Malibu.

Wednesday can be Beverly Hills.

Thursday can be Brentwood.

Friday nights they can have a gladiator-style free-for-all (to the death) to eliminate each other,
the last remaining suburb/neighboorhood WINS!!!

As some locales are eliminated, new ones: Laguna Beach, Pacific Palisades, etc. are brought into the fold!

Who can I pitch this to? Where's Mike Ovitz?
I think Laguna Beach already had a show on MTV. There will be no doubling up! Norco can take its place.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:47 AM

79 posts, read 286,068 times
They need a show called Carson, the life between Compton and Torrance

Old 11-14-2007, 07:44 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurekRZA View Post
One question, why do you spend your time in the Los Angeles forum if you live in Colorado?
I lived in the LA area for 45 years. I often reply to questions about traffic, housing, employment, weather, sports, and general living. The LA\OC\California forums are ten times more interesting than the Colorado Springs\Denver\Colorado forums. I am very active on them too but they are pretty bland with mostly general questions and not too much opinion or controversy.

In a sense I live in LA "virtually". I read the LA Times daily. I still follow USC, the Dodgers, Lakers, Angels, Kings, etc. My and my wife's parents still live there. We visit three or four times a year.

LA is like an ex-wife. I had some good times with her. Sometimes I still even miss her. But I just can't stand living with her.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:01 PM

705 posts, read 3,298,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
The LA\OC\California forums are ten times more interesting than the Colorado Springs\Denver\Colorado forums.

In a sense I live in LA "virtually". I read the LA Times daily. I still follow USC, the Dodgers, Lakers, Angels, Kings, etc. My and my wife's parents still live there. We visit three or four times a year.

LA is like an ex-wife. I had some good times with her. Sometimes I still even miss her. But I just can't stand living with her.
That is hilarious! yeah I bet the L.A. forum is a lot more interesting...the "General U.S. forum" is really interesting as well but you have some of the most controversial threads and it sparks a lot of heat, but Im sure you've already glanced at it.

I can see where you're comming from. I used to live in San Diego and sometimes I miss driving on the 5, the 163, the beaches, north county and downtown San Diego. Although I sometimes miss it, I can't stand it over there sometimes because of the lack of exitement and laid back culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles