Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 03:02 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
I've had a hard time finding a danger dog lately. If anyone knows where to get one, let me know. They used to be common all over WeHo and the Hollywood/Highland area. Not so much anymore.

They usually cost around $4.
Try Echo Park, especially on Glendale Blvd. when there's a show at the Echoplex. Also around the Walgreen's on Sunset (where Pioneer Market used to be)

On the westside try the Venice boardwalk.

The Dogtown Dogs food truck sells them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 03:09 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
Try the fashion distict aroung Santee Alley. I like them wrapped in a grilled corn tortilla. They have these large ovel shaped tortillas that are amazing with a bacon wrapped dog.

If you want another treat try a potato on a stick cut in a spiral fashion and french fried. Love this food and haven't been sick yet. LOL

Old 10-11-2013, 03:17 PM

6,502 posts, read 7,531,718 times
Outside of Staples Center after an event. Although I haven't been since basketball season last year, they were all over the place after a Clipper game I attended in April and in front of the police too and everyone was fine with it.

Danger Dogs in a tortilla!!!! Awesome!!!! I have yet to try those.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:35 PM

223 posts, read 470,666 times
So I googled "Danger Dog" to try and see what this beast looks like. Of course it's those bacon-wrapped, dressing and vegetable-topped hot dogs they sell after sporting events.

But almost half the pictures were of poor little Pitbulls.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:36 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,305,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Try Echo Park, especially on Glendale Blvd. when there's a show at the Echoplex. Also around the Walgreen's on Sunset (where Pioneer Market used to be)

On the westside try the Venice boardwalk.

The Dogtown Dogs food truck sells them.
I guess those areas would have them. They're less heavily policed. I remember poor little ladies getting their carts taken away from them by mean sheriffs on the Sunset Strip.

I've had the Dogtown food truck. Found it really overpriced for what you get. I haven't tried their danger dog, but I've tried danger dogs at different eateries. Pink's sort of has one, and Coney dog. But nothing compares to the real thing. Something about how those cheap hole in the wall taquerias always have better food than a sit down overpriced mexican restaurant.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:48 PM

108 posts, read 185,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
You too can be a danger dog vendor, NO PERMITS REQUIRED. Just get an old metal shopping cart, some tin foil, charcoal, wieners, bacon, buns and mayo and your in business.
Aaahhhh....there goes the answer to surviving in LA.

I Love LA!

Old 10-11-2013, 04:49 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
I guess those areas would have them. They're less heavily policed. I remember poor little ladies getting their carts taken away from them by mean sheriffs on the Sunset Strip.

I've had the Dogtown food truck. Found it really overpriced for what you get. I haven't tried their danger dog, but I've tried danger dogs at different eateries. Pink's sort of has one, and Coney dog. But nothing compares to the real thing. Something about how those cheap hole in the wall taquerias always have better food than a sit down overpriced mexican restaurant.
Another westside location that has danger dog carts: Venice and La Cienega, and nearby (on the LA side, not on the Culver City side - there's more of a chance of carts popping up in the Palisades than in CC).

I didn't know Pink's has them as I haven't been there in years, and I haven't been to Coney Dog.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:07 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
They also serve one at Tony's Darts Away in Burbank, which specializes in sausages and has a great selection of craft beer (all from California) ...The owner , Tony Yanow also coowns Golden Road Brewing in Atwater Village..and Mohawk Bend in Echo Park.

Menu | Tony's Darts Away .. Their "Street Meat" is $8.50 though. Good quality , but not cheap.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:13 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times
Don't neglect the Oki Dog. That's about as L.A. as you can get. Danger dogs are a Mexican import.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:15 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,305,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Don't neglect the Oki Dog. That's about as L.A. as you can get. Danger dogs are a Mexican import.
True. You can't claim to be an LA expert till you try an oki dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles