Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 04:43 PM

1,714 posts, read 3,840,005 times

Advertisements

Every time, without fail, there is at least one crazy guy shouting obscenity and being a nuisance while I am riding the Red/Purple Line subway.

Today, I needed to go to the 7th/Fig area, so I rode the Gold Line to the Red Line. There was this crazy dude shouting at random passengers inside the subway car.

The time before, this guy and his also-crazy buddy were talking about prison sex aloud for everyone to hear. Another time, some younger guy started singing, and some other younger guys at the other end of the car told him to shut up, so he kept singing just to be annoying. And then there was this time a guy who was making suggestive comments to female passengers, and he said, "This is a train to Hollywood... what do you expect?"

I am typing this post on my phone inside a clean, quiet, comfortable Gold Line train.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 04:55 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,981,240 times
Ear Phones are your best friends on the train...I'd advise you get some.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:06 PM

195 posts, read 346,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genjy View Post
Every time, without fail, there is at least one crazy guy shouting obscenity and being a nuisance while I am riding the Red/Purple Line subway.

Today, I needed to go to the 7th/Fig area, so I rode the Gold Line to the Red Line. There was this crazy dude shouting at random passengers inside the subway car.

The time before, this guy and his also-crazy buddy were talking about prison sex aloud for everyone to hear. Another time, some younger guy started singing, and some other younger guys at the other end of the car told him to shut up, so he kept singing just to be annoying. And then there was this time a guy who was making suggestive comments to female passengers, and he said, "This is a train to Hollywood... what do you expect?"

I am typing this post on my phone inside a clean, quiet, comfortable Gold Line train.
Yeah seems like things like this happens on the red, purple and blue lines. I am guessing not so much on the other lines.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:11 PM

305 posts, read 374,627 times
Super ghetto. Too many mentally ill. Need more police on the trains.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:20 AM

4,537 posts, read 10,599,945 times
Its not constant and most of these guys are not mentally ill in the manner you would think based on their actions.

Most of the time its guys trying to get attention for God knows what reason. I tend to think of them in the same vein as online trolls and normally just avoid them. But if theres a Sheriffs Deputy in the vicinity I do yell back at the offender on purpose to try to bait them into doing something that will get them arrested. Never works through. Somehow they always figure out not to do stupid stuff when the Deputy is there(as I said, they are not actually crazy).

Old 11-03-2013, 01:23 AM

10,084 posts, read 15,797,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
Its not constant and most of these guys are not mentally ill in the manner you would think based on their actions.

Most of the time its guys trying to get attention for God knows what reason. I tend to think of them in the same vein as online trolls and normally just avoid them. But if theres a Sheriffs Deputy in the vicinity I do yell back at the offender on purpose to try to bait them into doing something that will get them arrested. Never works through. Somehow they always figure out not to do stupid stuff when the Deputy is there(as I said, they are not actually crazy).
Yeah I agree it's more just attention-seekers than crazies. Worst are guys that rap to themselves. It's just weird, and kind of pathetic really.

Old 11-03-2013, 11:36 AM

3,830 posts, read 4,646,913 times
Could be worse. This could be going on.

Naked Subway Man Video: Nude Man Attacks Passengers, Does Gymnastics At San Francisco BART Station (NSFW VIDEO)

Old 11-03-2013, 05:16 PM

195 posts, read 346,754 times
Some lights a cigarette or smoke a pipe too.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:30 AM

1,861 posts, read 3,089,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genjy View Post

There is no such thing as a public, mass transit line free of nutjobs. Anywhere in the U.S. Ride the gold line enough and I promise you'll encounter some nuts there as well.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:06 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,286,805 times
Loons, salesmen and performers. The subway triangle of wackiness. And yes, those groups DO overlap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: