Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 10:07 PM

16 posts, read 32,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusOCR View Post
I'm not sure if it's worth creating a separate thread for this but I don't know where else can I ask.

I've heard a lot about In n Out Burger, as well as Pink's. But it appears that many Angelenos say Pink's is overrated now and is not as good as it used to be decades ago. What about In n Out Burger? As good as they say? Pics look amazing.

As I land in LAX, my first stop is going to be there and I'm very curious about those secret menus. Do I just look it up online and then order at the checkout? Or is there also a secret way of doing it, maybe some special sign or a handshake to make them understand what I'm there for?

Thanks!
I've been eating In N Out for many years now and the one thing that never changes is their quality. All of their products are very fresh and each burger is made as you order it. As far as simple burgers go, yes they are the best and I've eaten burgers all across America and in other countries.

Of course some will hate it, but the simple fact that they generate close to half a billion dollars each year with limited locations and a simple menu should tell you something. And they have accomplished this while not drastically raising their prices and while paying their employees a generous hourly wage.

Pinks is very good and tasty, but it is not the best dog in town. Pinks is more about saying you have eaten there and not so much about being the best hot dog known to man.

And there is an In N Out near LAX, so find your way there. Just try the Double Double meal first before venturing into the secret menu.

In N Out is privately owned and they are strict as to where to open a new restaurant. A few years ago a professional baseball who grew up in LA who played with the New York Yankees wanted to open an In N Out in New York City. He figured him being a New York Yankee and his desires to open up a store in NYC was a sure thing. Well In N Out laughed at him and told him, no thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 10:33 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,663,701 times
But...please keep in mind In-in-Out has expanded into Texas and Utah. It is not just a CA chain anymore. Rumors are they will expand into Idaho, and perhaps New Mexico and Colorado. Time will tell.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:06 AM

1,083 posts, read 2,170,176 times
In n Out has a rule that a store has to be within 24 hours of their meat processing facilities (distribution centers).

Old 11-14-2013, 09:27 AM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,265,760 times
I think the whole chain is now owned by 30 year old Lynsi Torres who is the grandchild of the founders. She has no management training so who know what she will do. The chain is valued at over $1B so she could wake up one day and decide to expand or even sell.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:35 AM

117 posts, read 149,760 times
How about a non-partisan voice of reason? I'm originally from central California and had my first In-N-Out burger back in 1981.

The menu is simple and the overall quality of the product excels over all the competition, but as the company continues to expand into other markets the food will suffer. There was a time when you would place your order and by the time you got up to the window they were handing you your food, not anymore. Sometimes the wait is as long as 15 minutes. All the locations I started going to had the double driveway set-up. I've even noticed that the hamburgers are not as juicy as they used to be. Even McDonalds at one time had a real good burger. Don't get me wrong, it's a really well-made and clean tasting burger, but I have noticed changes over the years.

In-N-Out's biggest mistake was to leave the LA basin. Before you leave LA go to Tommy's Burger, they make a great chiliburger. There are tons of Mom and Pop places that I think have a better tasting burger than In-N-Out.

"I think the whole chain is now owned by 30 year old Lynsi Torres who is the grandchild of the founders. She has no management training so who know what she will do. The chain is valued at over $1B so she could wake up one day and decide to expand or even sell."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2641235.html

BTW - I'll trade every In-N-out for just one White Castle!!!

Last edited by Another Place; 11-14-2013 at 09:50 AM..

Old 11-14-2013, 11:01 AM

16 posts, read 32,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
I think the whole chain is now owned by 30 year old Lynsi Torres who is the grandchild of the founders. She has no management training so who know what she will do. The chain is valued at over $1B so she could wake up one day and decide to expand or even sell.
I believe she owns the majority, but it is owned by her and several others.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:10 AM

1,830 posts, read 2,151,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Place View Post
How about a non-partisan voice of reason? I'm originally from central California and had my first In-N-Out burger back in 1981.

The menu is simple and the overall quality of the product excels over all the competition, but as the company continues to expand into other markets the food will suffer. There was a time when you would place your order and by the time you got up to the window they were handing you your food, not anymore. Sometimes the wait is as long as 15 minutes. All the locations I started going to had the double driveway set-up. I've even noticed that the hamburgers are not as juicy as they used to be. Even McDonalds at one time had a real good burger. Don't get me wrong, it's a really well-made and clean tasting burger, but I have noticed changes over the years.

In-N-Out's biggest mistake was to leave the LA basin. Before you leave LA go to Tommy's Burger, they make a great chiliburger. There are tons of Mom and Pop places that I think have a better tasting burger than In-N-Out.

"I think the whole chain is now owned by 30 year old Lynsi Torres who is the grandchild of the founders. She has no management training so who know what she will do. The chain is valued at over $1B so she could wake up one day and decide to expand or even sell."

Lynsi Torres, In-N-Out Owner, To Pay $19K Per Month In Child Support

BTW - I'll trade every In-N-out for just one White Castle!!!
White Castle sucks. Seriously? That place is garbage.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:15 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,414,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
White Castle sucks. Seriously? That place is garbage.
Are you serious? That'd be like saying In-N-Out is garbage. Way to jump the gun there.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:21 AM

1,830 posts, read 2,151,084 times
It is. So overrated. Crappy overrated sliders. Even I can make better sliders than that.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:24 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,414,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
It is. So overrated. Crappy overrated sliders. Even I can make better sliders than that.
Wow, man. I could say the same thing about In-N-Out, but you don't see me bashing it with ridiculous statements. The first time I ever had In-N-Out, I was like: "that's it?", it paled in comparison to Shake Shack and did not deserve the hype. But it's a solid burger and a good unique place to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles