Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 10:50 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,947,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
At 6'1" I just barely meet your "tall" standards. I don't know how old you are so I might be too young for you LOL. I am about to turn 23. I wear size 13 shoes.

Too young - for now. I am 37. Hit me up in 10 years, if I am available again, I wanna be your cougar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 11:13 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,874,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
Sounds about right. Here's what woman in LA want: ideal man is six feet or taller, six figures or more, six pack or more, white or white seeming, charming, sensitive, chivalrous, large "package," has own place, nice car, funny, well traveled, educated, perfectly groomed, emotionally stable (like that exists), lovely parents... the list goes on.

But men like that are a rarity. One in a thousand at best. Just settle for the short, semi broke, beer bellied average Joe with a heart of gold.
Someone is "disgruntled."

Actually, many of us are. Women in LA are ridiculous. But I don't think they hold height out for height more than women do elsewhere. I think money/status, "fun," face, muscles, style, etc. are valued more than height, for men who aren't midgets. I don't see many tall man/short woman couples here. All probably because tall men are uncommon in LA.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:05 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,302,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Someone is "disgruntled."

Actually, many of us are. Women in LA are ridiculous. But I don't think they hold height out for height more than women do elsewhere. I think money/status, "fun," face, muscles, style, etc. are valued more than height, for men who aren't midgets. I don't see many tall man/short woman couples here. All probably because tall men are uncommon in LA.
As long as the guy is at least 5'9 then yeah height is not a huge deal. But a guy even 5'6 is automatically at a disadvantage here, unless the girl is really short.

Women in LA are impossible. especially in the westside. They walk around with their noses up in the air and assume if you give them the slightest glance you want to have sex with them and act all offended. I don't even bother looking at women anymore because it apparently gives off the wrong message. Heck why bother talking to them? Most think if you're being friendly you have an ulterior motive. Which in my case, I most certainly do not!

Old 12-20-2013, 12:44 PM

Shorter single women often tell me they want guys above 6'. I don't really get that. Leave the tall ones for tall women! For a 5'4" woman, a 5'7" is tall, or am I wrong??

Old 12-20-2013, 01:34 PM

339 posts, read 777,349 times
Im 6'4" and I've always preferred tall women. My wife is 6'1".

Old 12-20-2013, 01:45 PM

8,301 posts, read 13,432,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Shorter single women often tell me they want guys above 6'. I don't really get that. Leave the tall ones for tall women! For a 5'4" woman, a 5'7" is tall, or am I wrong??
Most women/people do not know what they really need so they focus on what they want which is often not what they need or would likely to get.
7 billion people, so there are all kinds out there, the trick is finding someone with whom you share mutual physical and mental attraction.
Too many people with low self-esteem, even attractive ones and people coming up with their ridiculous "wants" lists do not help either. We are all too concerned about measuring up to others' expectations which is why I like and prefer random, unexpected encounters where you are yourself and not thinking ahead. things just happen naturally for better or for worse. I think it is much better that way than eating yourself up for something that has not yet even happen or likely to even happen with a mindset like this:
Quote:
Heck why bother talking to them?
Talk about c-blocking thyself!

Old 12-22-2013, 06:01 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,252,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Over the years, I've heard a few complaints from women than tall men in LA are hard to find. Or at least tall single men. Is that so?
It must be the L.A. smog stunting everybody's growth.
()

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Maybe try visiting Scottsdale Arizona:

//www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...l#post32657238
I saw that thread, and that's what brought me over here. It's kind of ridiculous actually. I'm considered to be average height, but I have noticed somewhat of a trend lately toward younger guys who seem super tall ... not just in Scottsdale, AZ but all over the nation. Not sure what it is, unless I'm just getting shorter as I grow older.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:21 PM

Or just call it "evolution".

Old 12-22-2013, 08:57 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,900,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
It must be the L.A. smog stunting everybody's growth.
()

I saw that thread, and that's what brought me over here. It's kind of ridiculous actually. I'm considered to be average height, but I have noticed somewhat of a trend lately toward younger guys who seem super tall ... not just in Scottsdale, AZ but all over the nation. Not sure what it is, unless I'm just getting shorter as I grow older.
there was actually an interesting study done in which they looked at countries all over the world where women gained greater independence from men earlier, and they found a correlation between the average population of the height and when women started to be able to support themselves. they found that countries that allowed women greater financial + other freedoms earlier, saw the average height of the population go up.

the explanation goes something like this:

as women became more self reliant, they were able to make sexual and marriage choices not entirely dictated by financial/economic constraints. this led them to pick the men they were more attracted to (ie, taller guys) as opposed to guys that they weren't all that attracted to but who they needed in order to support them. they found that in such countries taller men (as opposed to better off but shorter men) ended up having more kids naturally, which in turn led to the increase in average population height.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:44 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,302,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
there was actually an interesting study done in which they looked at countries all over the world where women gained greater independence from men earlier, and they found a correlation between the average population of the height and when women started to be able to support themselves. they found that countries that allowed women greater financial + other freedoms earlier, saw the average height of the population go up.

the explanation goes something like this:

as women became more self reliant, they were able to make sexual and marriage choices not entirely dictated by financial/economic constraints. this led them to pick the men they were more attracted to (ie, taller guys) as opposed to guys that they weren't all that attracted to but who they needed in order to support them. they found that in such countries taller men (as opposed to better off but shorter men) ended up having more kids naturally, which in turn led to the increase in average population height.
Can you link this study? would be interesting to hear. If true, what would short men be? Single and childless forever?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles