Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 09:03 PM

1 posts, read 6,412 times

Advertisements

I'm in my mid-20s thinking about moving from Boston to LA. In general it seems like an awesome place except for the fact that the male/female ratio is much higher in LA. I would hate to have to compete with 7 hot beach dudes over a mediocre girl.

I've been on a few dates in the past year (in a city that has a lot more women) so while I don't suck there are a lot of guys out there who could beat me. I do make low six-figures which I heard can help a lot in LA. But how? You don't walk into a bar and start telling people how much money you make, and I'm sure they've heard the "I have an apartment next to the beach" line a million times.

So my question is should I move to LA or would I be better off in say Chicago or Atlanta? This is important because it would suck to have to choose from either low-quality girls or nothing at all. If I play my cards right (like buying a house on the beach or moving to the right neighborhood) is there a way I could be better off in LA than I am now in Boston?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2013, 09:34 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,854,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksaline View Post
I'm in my mid-20s thinking about moving from Boston to LA. In general it seems like an awesome place except for the fact that the male/female ratio is much higher in LA. I would hate to have to compete with 7 hot beach dudes over a mediocre girl.

I've been on a few dates in the past year (in a city that has a lot more women) so while I don't suck there are a lot of guys out there who could beat me. I do make low six-figures which I heard can help a lot in LA. But how? You don't walk into a bar and start telling people how much money you make, and I'm sure they've heard the "I have an apartment next to the beach" line a million times.

So my question is should I move to LA or would I be better off in say Chicago or Atlanta? This is important because it would suck to have to choose from either low-quality girls or nothing at all. If I play my cards right (like buying a house on the beach or moving to the right neighborhood) is there a way I could be better off in LA than I am now in Boston?
You'll love LA. Plenty of superficial girls that you'll have a lot in common with.

Old 12-12-2013, 07:54 AM

377 posts, read 529,262 times
sorry you couldn't get laid in Boston, hey why not try LA, you never know, miracles do happen

Old 12-12-2013, 10:36 AM

10,078 posts, read 15,845,315 times
Quote:

Are you sure the girl to guy ratio is higher in Boston? Plus, Los Angeles is so large that you really should just find the parts of it that do have a more favorable girl to guy ratio.

I have lived in both Boston and Los Angeles but was married for most of Boston and all of LA, so I'm not sure I can help out too much with how dating goes.

Oh but the girls are hotter in Los Angeles, no question about it. The hottest girls in Boston were all transplants going to BU.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:38 AM

8,452 posts, read 15,033,072 times
Quote:
I do make low six-figures which I heard can help a lot in LA. But how? You don't walk into a bar and start telling people how much money you make
You drive an expensive car, to start

Old 12-12-2013, 11:09 AM

4,213 posts, read 8,303,136 times
Yes, you will be competing with 7 "hot beach dudes" for 1 mediocre girl.

And even worse, they'll make the same amount of money as you if not more.

The solution? Go for girls not in the "scene" who may not be the "hot" ones but are down to earth and nice.

Old 12-12-2013, 12:34 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
Yes, you will be competing with 7 "hot beach dudes" for 1 mediocre girl.

And even worse, they'll make the same amount of money as you if not more.

The solution? Go for girls not in the "scene" who may not be the "hot" ones but are down to earth and nice.
It's pretty rare out here. Or maybe stay single and live a less complicated life.

Last edited by West of Encino; 12-12-2013 at 01:32 PM..

Old 12-12-2013, 01:30 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,303,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
It's pretty rare out here. Or maybe stay single and live less complicated life.
Yeah, they're more out in the burbs. Try Fontana, Rancho Cucamonga, etc.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:23 PM

1 posts, read 6,186 times
I spent my 20's in Boston and 30's in LA..it's a joke to compare LA to Boston. That's like Varsity to JV.

For pure volume of attractive young eligible women say 20-30, LA rules hands down. Where you might get a little blip are college girls say 18-22....there I concede Boston's density of so many colleges might make it feel like there is more options but its a freaking farce. Every decently hot girl in Boston is locked up by 24. LA is more spread out and like any move to a new city, you gotta network to meet new friends. I love my hometown but there's a reason Boston has a rep for fat ugly chicks in volume.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:55 PM

546 posts, read 817,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transplant611 View Post
I spent my 20's in Boston and 30's in LA..it's a joke to compare LA to Boston. That's like Varsity to JV.
More like comparing the San Francisco 49'ers to a high school football team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles