Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2013, 01:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,005 times

Advertisements

I need help finding a needle in a haystack. Please no ugly comments. I know what I am asking is next to impossible but I would like to hear suggestions. We have to relocate to CA because of my husband's job. The office is in Pomona. We have to be within an hour drive of Pomona. I need an area with affordable rentals, good schools, and low crime. The two biggest things are low crime and affordable rentals. I can home school if needed. We are a family of 6 and need a 4 bedroom for less the $2k a month. I really do not like big towns. We have spent the last 3 years living in an amazing small town in CO. I love it here and wish that we could stay but right now that is not possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 03:29 PM

71 posts, read 224,753 times
A 2 bedroom 2 bath costs around 2k. I am not sure if renting a house will be cheaper.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:23 PM

425 posts, read 646,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeelover1 View Post
A 2 bedroom 2 bath costs around 2k. I am not sure if renting a house will be cheaper.
??? I just went to Craigslist and did a search for 4 BR homes in Walnut, Chino Hills and Diamond Bar...I saw homes slightly over $2K but not that far off. Not sure why you think it's impossible.

IMO all three of those towns are OK.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:02 PM

341 posts, read 708,281 times
Try your best to find what you're looking for within Pomona itself. Thereby minimizing a commute. If that's not successful then starting from La Verne, which is north of Pomona, go counterclockwise and research it followed by San Dimas, Diamond Bar, Chino Hills, Montclair, Upland and Claremont. Plenty of options amongst those citites.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:23 AM

150 posts, read 281,577 times
Rancho Cucamonga is a pretty nice place. It is East of Pomona and has some pretty good value for the money. Pomona is in the San Gabriel Valley and generally speaking the close to the mountains to the North the better.

The post above mine from Pacifico sounds pretty legit too.

Old 12-13-2013, 03:24 AM

1,631 posts, read 2,384,851 times
You might want to ask this question in the San Bernardino and Riverside Counties forum or even Orange county. The areas in LA county dont have the small towns unless you go to the high desert. It's just a massive city metro. There are smaller towns in the Inland Empire and also if you go out towards the deserts or mountain areas. Here is a link of the california school performance. The green-blue are higher achieving schools and generally very good to excellent and most likely safe areas. California School Performance Maps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles