Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 03:09 PM

95 posts, read 384,700 times

Advertisements

All cities do that to other cities, I do agree that SD is not as big as NYC or LA. I know in NY they make from of NJ, and in SF they dont like LA. But overall everyone gets along and there is no hostility, there cant be when 75% of California is non natives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 05:42 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,235,623 times
Agreed. And this nonsense about Los Angeles being all concrete? I live in Mt Washington- lotsa open spaces above us and across the Arroyo Seco in Debs Park (Montecito Heights). In fact, Debs has the most diversity of any urban area in the U.S. Oh yeah, and their building is completely off the grid.

The Audubon Center at Debs Park (http://www.familymatters.tv/level_4/excursions/auduboncenter.htm - broken link)
Solaripedia | Green Architecture & Building | Projects

I've been to San Diego plenty of times. I like that 'Old Town' area the best. Balboa Park is cool, Wild Animal Park as well. Otherwise, there is little of interest to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calieuropean View Post
San Diego is a pretty nice place for a visit but I wouldn't want to live there.

L.A. is so diverse in its land/cityscapes that there is no such thing as "all of L.A.".

We do have the better weather.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:49 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,169,020 times
"better weather?" San Diego is known for it's mild weather. if anything L.A. and SD have the same weather.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:03 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
People in San Diego still have nick names for L.A. too

"Smell A"

"toilet bowl"

"giant ghetto"
"People" = you.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:50 AM

21 posts, read 33,075 times
As long as there are posts about the cities of Los Angeles and San Diego being compared and/or discussed, "BackToBlue" shall always be found present defending his idea that SD is the best. Rah,rah,rah. Yawn.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnellpuma View Post
As long as there are posts about the cities of Los Angeles and San Diego being compared and/or discussed, "BackToBlue" shall always be found present defending his idea that SD is the best. Rah,rah,rah. Yawn.
and there's a problem with that? The point is it is not fair to compare the two when they are completely different sizes. Just because I'm telling the truth about L.A. doesn't mean you need to come in here and be all snoody. I hope you leave SD. One less person in my hometown gives me more room! Have fun in that brown air you got in L.A.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:35 AM

21 posts, read 33,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
and there's a problem with that? The point is it is not fair to compare the two when they are completely different sizes. Just because I'm telling the truth about L.A. doesn't mean you need to come in here and be all snoody. I hope you leave SD. One less person in my hometown gives me more room! Have fun in that brown air you got in L.A.
The topic was "WHAT DO MOST LOS ANGELINOS THINK OF SAN DIEGO", therefore, YES LA and SD are naturally going to be compared. The smog dig is so nineteen-ninety-never. Bottom line buddy, you don't take criticism well. Tell me something I haven't heard before bright eyes, typical SD comeback of "eww you don't like it? LEAVE! Better off with out ya!" Think of something new and get over yourself. People have opinions, just like you. Learn how to spell snooty while you're at it.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnellpuma View Post
The topic was "WHAT DO MOST LOS ANGELINOS THINK OF SAN DIEGO", therefore, YES LA and SD are naturally going to be compared. The smog dig is so nineteen-ninety-never. Bottom line buddy, you don't take criticism well. Tell me something I haven't heard before bright eyes, typical SD comeback of "eww you don't like it? LEAVE! Better off with out ya!" Think of something new and get over yourself. People have opinions, just like you. Learn how to spell snooty while you're at it.
and I expressed my opinion and you came back with some asinine response. Get over yourself. This is an internet forum and I will reply to whatever thread or posts I want. It seems to me like you don't take my criticism of others well either.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:45 AM

940 posts, read 2,026,124 times
My angeleno perspective on SD: They call themselves "America's Finest City"
I agree. SD is the most "ehh.. it's fine" city in America.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:50 AM

"City of Angels?"

more like "city of crime, pollution, homeless, and fake boobs" in America
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles