Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 11:24 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,989,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscanigirl View Post
San Diego is conservative and racist, but cheaper than LA. I always thought it was interesting that despite its proximity to the border, it is not the slum that is Los Angeles.
YOU ARE QUITE RIGHT, is more racist than Alabama or Mississippi. The head of the ARYAN NATION, lives in the town of Fallbrook, (North San Diego County.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 12:36 PM

128 posts, read 780,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscanigirl View Post
San Diego is conservative and racist, but cheaper than LA. I always thought it was interesting that despite its proximity to the border, it is not the slum that is Los Angeles.
Liberals, facts are not your friends. According to the FBI, LA has more than 3 times the amount of hate crimes incident than San Diego: http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2006/table13ca.html (broken link)
San Diego has even fewer the number of hate crimes than San Francisco despite having 500,000 more people. It's not hard to wonder why. San Diego is too pleasant to spend hating.

Old 12-30-2007, 06:03 PM

188 posts, read 918,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertho View Post
Liberals, facts are not your friends. According to the FBI, LA has more than 3 times the amount of hate crimes incident than San Diego: http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2006/table13ca.html (broken link)
San Diego has even fewer the number of hate crimes than San Francisco despite having 500,000 more people. It's not hard to wonder why. San Diego is too pleasant to spend hating.
its not that simple, the reporting and classification of hate crimes is far more common in areas that take efforts towards tolerance seriously, which would likely explain San Francisco's higher prosecution rate. While San Diego does have some very conservative influences, I found the city open to alternative lifestyles, at least its more urban neighborhoods.

Old 12-30-2007, 06:14 PM

240 posts, read 887,868 times
Good point, skywalker. On ther other hand, San Diego's overall crime rate is certainly lower than L.A.'s crime rate, and probably lower than San Francisco's.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:21 AM

1,528 posts, read 6,279,804 times
hahahahaha, this is funny, this sounds like our Dallas vs Houston.
As an Outsider, I hear San Diego is a paradise, and LA is a dump full of gang bangers.
I know this is not true, but I mean just what I hear.
I've met people who moved from LA and they tell me how ghetto it is, and then i have friends who have family in LA who tell me the same.
poor LA, i hear you guy have improved so much more since that most crime filled city report. Dallas is worse then you guys are.
I'm not taking a side, but San Diego is the only city out of the top 10 largest by population to not be minority majority. It doesn't seem to hit me as racist, everyone outside of California thinks Southern Californian is filled with over exaggerating wacko liberal tree hugging 'kill the red ' fanatics. which is obviously not true according to some of you, jeez San Diego isn't that conservative...

Old 12-31-2007, 02:06 PM

705 posts, read 3,293,576 times
I wouldn't call San Diego a paradise. It's nice but VERY overrated.
L.A. is ghetto but not throughout all of Los Angeles. I mean, L.A. has unlimited entertainment, an amazing nightlife, the beach, superior shopping, and different cultures throughout the whole city. To me, this is paradise.

Old 01-01-2008, 12:22 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,540,754 times
Uhh... SD is not racist. Maybe if you're talking about some of the suburbs, esp. in east county, but who ever goes there.

SD could be conservative, but it's more the pro-business, pro-military (not to be confused with pro-war) type. Enviromentally SD is all about hybrid cars and all that jazz and socially, I think we're pretty far left too. Everyone talks about who they did last night or last weekend or whatever. Also there's people that moved here from SF, and they think there's more gay people in SD than SF. Not that anyone has a problem with it at all. I think Desertho has it right when he says SD is too pleasant to spend hating.

San Diegans seem to hate on LA quite a bit though. Even people who've never been there! Such a shame.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 3,155 times
Default San Diego is a fake place

the reason why i say this is because the media here doesn't report the shootings, the killings and the problems we face here every day. They just preport how beautiful San Diego is and how nothing ever goes wrong here. San Diego is a city of morones. The reality of this place is that it is actually the 17th most poluted city. It is filled with gang and dru activity and yes we do have bad traffic. The only thin is that the news will not report things going on in the South Bay, South East portion of San Diego and the San Ysidro area. Only if something occures in La Jolla then it is important.

I understand this because San Diego is a very racist and undiverse city filled with 55% white people. It is sickning and a pathetic place to live. I am highly ashamed to call my self a San Diegan

Old 02-22-2008, 11:28 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,416,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurekRZA View Post
I hate driving in San Diego because everybody is so slow, I hate the San Diego laid back culture, and I hate that every part of San Diego county looks almost exactly the same. There is not much difference between north, south or east county besides the skyline and the beach. Although I hate those things about San Diego, I really like the San Diego Mexican food, downtown San Diego and the 163 freeway. I think San Diego likes to talk trash because the cultures are completely different in both cities. One city has almost no culture (San Diego) and the other is an Alpha world city that is far more renowned. The two cities are very close to each other. It's as if "SoCal isnt big enough for the both of us" type of attitude.
Sounds like California's version of San Antonio.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:31 PM

422 posts, read 1,816,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertho View Post
Liberals, facts are not your friends. According to the FBI, LA has more than 3 times the amount of hate crimes incident than San Diego: Table 13, CALIFORNIA - Hate Crime Statistics, 2006 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2006/table13ca.html - broken link)
What are the differences in the populations being compared? Can you provide hate crime RATES, which are much more representative?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles